Thread: NullDC Speed issue.

Thanks

Default NullDC Speed issue.

I'm using NullDC 1.0.3 on Windows 7 with nullPVR, and nullAICA plugins.

The problem comes from games running at full 60 FPS when I have the bit rate set at 1024, but it sounds like crap. When I put the Bit rate at 2048, the sound is fine, but the game runs slower. (Dispite nullDC still reporting at 60 FPS.)

I'm guessing it's a sound driver issue of some kind, since the emulator runs perfect when I Have the buffer size at 1024. I have RealtekHD audio. I've fiddled with the settings on both the emulator, video and audio, and on my computer. Nothing seems to give me both speed and audio.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 160 Posts
    EP Points

Well,.. im not a pro with NullDC, but ,.. did you try to uncheck the v-sync leaving the bit rate at 2048??

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You should grab the newest version of NullDC. There are intermediary settings for the audio buffer.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did you know that most Dreamcasts can play CD backups without a modchip or swop trick?

The machine is worth buying to play CD-R backups of the games

Obviously a second hand console

I can give you more information if you are interested in playing dreamcast games on an actual Dreamcast via RGB scart, AV or even VGA

P.S. I'm not trying to sell Dreamcasts even if I still had more than one you wouldn't get me to sell it , but I can give you alot more info, like models to buy and how it all works with backups directly ect... (without silly swop/swap tricks boot discs or mod chips)

Though NullDC is very good it still lacks compatibillity with some games, that the dreamcast can handle perfectly (not as obvious as you might think CD-R games are oftem downsized in some way usually just sound and movies re-sampled and one exception of it having compressed files that extract on the fly and does lag on the Dreamcast but that is only a single game that uses compression and lags)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: