Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smash bros 64 Amazing or Overrated?

Thanks

I find that it was overrated, but was somewhat lost its popularity.With the dawn of XBOX and Playstation, I hate to say it, but nintendo really isn't that popular. I love nintendo(i have all systems and yes, the power glove...) but Non-Hardcore gamers (Turtle Beaches Do not make you hardcore.) lean more towards ps3 and xbox360.
    AKA:
    The Stupid Consumer. (everything after COD4 Sucked.)
    The Birds, The Bees, And The Robot Trees.

Thanks

Basically, it's a fighting game for people, like me, who hate memorizing combos. I played it a thousand times in the old times, and nowadays, it's still one of the few fighting games I'm actually good at. Especially since Brawl changed so many mechanics. Still, Donkey Kong [me] Vs Pikachu [my friend] is a historical rivalry, we still battle it out nowadays
    If Death is so bad, why do all skulls seem to smile?

Thanks

Back in the day, I'd just heard about Melee after seeing it in a shop, but it was going to be some time before I became the happy owner of a Gamecube. I ended up buying the original game out of curiosity and to tide me over while I waited for its sequel. Melee and Brawl are definitely superior in terms of gameplay modes and character selection, but there's just something charming about the good old Smash Bros 64. I for one will always remember happily smashing away, and I won't forget, because I still have it.
    The white wings of righteous fire

All Time Faves: Unreal Tournament 99, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Soul Blade/Calibur, Elder Scrolls, Mario Kart.....and many more.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't see Smash Bros. 64 as an overated game. It wasn't even that highly publicized, but man did it have an awesome commerical. Though I do agree with some others on here, it hasn't aged all that well, then again not many of these polygon games have in my opinion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HowlerMonkey View Post
    Smash Bros for the 64 was a lot of fun for its time, but it aged really, really badly.
    THIS

every Fighting and Sports game is awesome when they first come out, but then after a while, it gets boring, and the game developers create a newer, better version of the game, that one is awesome, gets old, and the devolopers make yet another updated version, this keeps goin on and on until the game developers decide when its best to stop

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    I don't see Smash Bros. 64 as an overated game. It wasn't even that highly publicized, but man did it have an awesome commerical. Though I do agree with some others on here, it hasn't aged all that well, then again not many of these polygon games have in my opinion.
    Hardly any full 3D games from the 90s have.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

I was going to say something about this game and then realized I don't care.

*runs off to make a Tetris thread*

Thanks

I thought it was fun when it was released. Heck, even the commercial was pretty awesome! Once Melee and Brawl came out though, the game sort of just faded away.
    How's it feel being beaten?

Thanks

The game was amazing when it first came out, IMO. Me and my friends used to have so much fun with it.

Thanks

I find it funny how we all sit here and talk bad about the original and brawl but if its so bad or played out why does it still have million of fans? That's like saying people don't still love and play MvC1 because lets be honest. most of us do and by us I might not mean you personally but I've seen people with mame dled just to play it and project 64 just for smash bros.

Thanks

super smash bros is a heck of a good game when it first came out. i do still play with my friends during retro gaming nights (n64 and consoles prior to n64 allowed except PSX)

Thanks

I still think it's bad ass. lol

--She Gets Around The World - Go Periscope

Thanks

I don't find it to be overrated, because where I lived when it came out, no one seemed to care about it. It's still probably my favorite smash bros too. The attacks felt like they took more thought and commitment, plus it felt heavy. I liked it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Imo it was a evolutionary fighter for the 64. If you played it now you can't compare it to Brawl but still its great. it really opened up a arcade scored figthing possiblity without clunky controls or combo's for moves that no one else could do. It was great for the time. And even these days if you don't have brawl or melee. Or if you want it for nostalgia.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Overrated? Possibly, but that doesn't mean its bad or anything, its a fun game to play. I enjoy it.