Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most deadly and coolest special FX spells

umm....stop askin question, i had dinophobia !!
    Thanks

Default Most deadly and coolest special FX spells

im playing FF VII and completed it this morning *oh at last* well back to topic...to only thing i remember when playing it was that "supernova" moves that used by sephiroth..yea it somekind of cool with quite long SFX during the spell cast but for sure it as deadly as it supposed to be,facing that kind of spells makes me remember Necron from memories that casting spell "grand cross" which looks cools and also deadly,to bad kuzia doesnt have somekind of spells and FFT with ultima is way cool too...im just wondering if there are more deadly spells like i mentioned above,and had a cool SFX too...and mention the game too,perhaps i will play it too

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dinophobia View Post
    im playing FF VII and completed it this morning *oh at last* well back to topic...to only thing i remember when playing it was that "supernova" moves that used by sephiroth..yea it somekind of cool with quite long SFX during the spell cast but for sure it as deadly as it supposed to be,facing that kind of spells makes me remember Necron from memories that casting spell "grand cross" which looks cools and also deadly,to bad kuzia doesnt have somekind of spells and FFT with ultima is way cool too...im just wondering if there are more deadly spells like i mentioned above,and had a cool SFX too...and mention the game too,perhaps i will play it too
    actually i like watching cool spell effect too.the longer the spell effect the more fun i have.yeah i love supernova very much because of longer spell effect & cool background as well as grand cross from FF9 necron.but you are wrong about kuja doesn't have any cool spell like them.kuja does have cool spell althrough it doesn't take too long as grand cross or supernova.its called flare star.to be honest its one of the reason that i love FF so much because of its cool spell effect and cool animation of the summons.i love the Tales series much more than FF.its almost similar to FF but the difference is FF is totally turn based & Tales series is real time action based RPG.tales series have cool spell effect too as well as nice summons like FF series.just watch on youtube typing Tales series Mystic Artes & you will be a Tales fan in no time.Mystic artes is the greatest thing i have seen in a game.another thing is Valkyrie Profile for PS1 has cool spell effect too.just watch it on youtube .type this great magic exibition Valkyrie Profile for PS1.all the great magic is done in GC movie.thats the coolest thing for PS1 era.Star ocean2 had some cool magic effect too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tusar View Post
    actually i like watching cool spell effect too.the longer the spell effect the more fun i have.yeah i love supernova very much because of longer spell effect & cool background as well as grand cross from FF9 necron.but you are wrong about kuja doesn't have any cool spell like them.kuja does have cool spell althrough it doesn't take too long as grand cross or supernova.its called flare star.to be honest its one of the reason that i love FF so much because of its cool spell effect and cool animation of the summons.i love the Tales series much more than FF.its almost similar to FF but the difference is FF is totally turn based & Tales series is real time action based RPG.tales series have cool spell effect too as well as nice summons like FF series.just watch on youtube typing Tales series Mystic Artes & you will be a Tales fan in no time.Mystic artes is the greatest thing i have seen in a game.another thing is Valkyrie Profile for PS1 has cool spell effect too.just watch it on youtube .type this great magic exibition Valkyrie Profile for PS1.all the great magic is done in GC movie.thats the coolest thing for PS1 era.Star ocean2 had some cool magic effect too.
    bout kuja thing....ah yes that flare star spells..but it doesnt quite cool FX during the spell his "starlight" is more annoying when fighting him.

and yes i agree with you tales the series combo special FX is awesome because we do thatin real time battle and cool looking too,umm im kinda disagree with valkyrie profile FX..yep ther combo racked look like crazy...but still its turn based system make it looks craps...but hell who care about turn based...i really loved valkrie profile

and for star ocean uhh i only played star ocean once and idont really liked it,maybe because it wasnt a linear battle but still cool SFX games

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If a spell's special effects take too long though that's ridiculous. I know you can usually skip the mini-cutscene of the character casting it but yeah, I remember a few in FF7 and Chrono Cross felt soooo long. There's probably some really bad JRPG out there that doesnt let you skip said scenes. If there is, I hate that game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpuzzHardwick View Post
    If a spell's special effects take too long though that's ridiculous. I know you can usually skip the mini-cutscene of the character casting it but yeah, I remember a few in FF7 and Chrono Cross felt soooo long. There's probably some really bad JRPG out there that doesnt let you skip said scenes. If there is, I hate that game.
    acctually i hate all FF sumons cuz mostly take a serious waste time cutscene,and good point for square they also make some skip button,,if you hate game that doesnt let skipin scenes well yea i think the publisher only create a game and doesnt realize that "unskipable spell cutscene" is totally uncool

Thanks

Most of Final Fantasy X's Dark Aeon's Spells
    Ifrit = Hellfire
    Ixion = Thor's Hammer
    Shiva = Diamond Dust
    Bahamut = Mega Flare
    Anima = Oblivion
    Magus Sisters = Delta Attack
    but especially the Big Boss, Penance ( Dark Judgment ) ... it's the biggest and the most brutal of all spells.
    Last edited by eternal_w; 23rd-February-2012 at 07:00.
    ^o^ [ E t E r N a L ] ^o^

^o^ [ E t E r N a L ] ^o^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eternal_w View Post
    Most of Final Fantasy X's Dark Aeon's Spells
    Ifrit = Hellfire
    Ixion = Thor's Hammer
    Shiva = Diamond Dust
    Bahamut = Mega Flare
    Anima = Oblivion
    Magus Sisters = Delta Attack
    but especially the Big Boss, Penance ( Dark Judgment ) ... it's the biggest and the most brutal of all spells.
    too bad dark aeon doesnt have Odin im a real fan of his zantetsuken....
    ah i agree with you ifrit in every game had a cool FX including in FFX...and cuz he know better than anyone how to play with fire
    Last edited by Dinophobia; 23rd-February-2012 at 07:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

I remember being "wowed" with Millenia from Grandia 2 on the Dreamcast with her fmv style special moves. Looked great, better even than the PC version.

Thanks

How did you guys manage to miss just about ever freaking Djinn based attack on the Golden Sun games for the DS? They were freaking awesome.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneskinsnake View Post
    How did you guys manage to miss just about ever freaking Djinn based attack on the Golden Sun games for the DS? They were freaking awesome.
    you're damn right man.how could we forget golden sun.i am one of the biggest fan of golden sun.camlot forced GBA's hardware into a limit to show off cool summons.it has the best spell effect that no other games for GBA had. oh man even a artifact weapon in Golden Sun has has their own animation.i have never seen weapon unleash effect in any other games in my life.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tusar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No one Mentioned the Incredibly long "Knights of the Round" Summon From FF 7, that Spell was incredibly Deadly and the FMV was FOREVER...
    27 Years and Still Playing....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Laguna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Laguna View Post
    No one Mentioned the Incredibly long "Knights of the Round" Summon From FF 7, that Spell was incredibly Deadly and the FMV was FOREVER...
    none mentioned because it was a summon not spell & if you prefer summons then EDEN summon from FF8 was very long too and surpassed the 9999 damage limit.although FF9 summon THE ARK wasn't so long as knights of the round but it was pretty close to EDEN summon. again if you have played tales of eternia released on PS1 then you know what i am gonna say,if not then let me tell you Maxwell summon had very long extension & most deadliest one cause no enemy can ever survive his extension plus he heals party's HP/MP fully in the last part of his extension.but hey everyone knows knights of the round but i doubt if half of them ever heard about maxwell summons & extension.it takes long time like knights of the round & deals tons of damages. what did i just say?***** I LOVE LOVE LOVE TALES SERIES******

Thanks
    EP Points

FFIX - Ark

Spoiler warning:

One of the best FF summon/special animations but damage isn't THAT high (Madeen is better).

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I remember being "wowed" with Millenia from Grandia 2 on the Dreamcast with her fmv style special moves. Looked great, better even than the PC version.
    This is my way of thanking you.

Grandia 2's spells took a while sometimes, but the awesomeness of them made up for them.

Thanks

damnit.. now i want to play grandia 2 :/ i liked some of suikodens rune spells not saying which game or if "all" :0