Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Final Fantasy. Old or New?

Thanks
    EP Points

ok i feel like i need to add my opnion to this thread hate me or not im not all that bothered but possibly some of the "older" final fantasy fans will agree with me, where to start about it...

Final Fantasy for me is one of the very best RPG franchises out there, i am not going to say the best because i do not have any experience with dragon quest etc, when people ask me what an RPG is a say final fantasy, but onto the topic of old and new, i agree with some of the posts that old and new arent very well defined, you could say that up to the PSX is old (so the NES era) or you could say that up to the PS2 is old (that would include everything from the NES and PSX era) or even more likely which i seems to be the "trend" in this thread is that the modern console releases are classed as new.

But either way this will not influence my opinion, for me VIII was a very unique game for me, i can remember the storyline and the character backgrounds clear as day, where as with VII not so much, dont get me wrong i did enjoy it but it just didnt grip me so much like VIII did, now i have played every final fantasy to date, i have even tried the MMORPG form, which i dislike but people shouldnt hate on it if they have never played it.
    I have also noticed alot of hate around XIII but it has been the most uniquly set final fantasy's of our time i would say, granted that they should of been a bit leaniant on the exploration as it was very lineiar but if you actually played attention to the story, that was the whole point, the game was story driven as a final fantasy should be
    Spoiler warning:
    the FF XIII crew were being chased off of cocoon because they refused to accept their mission as Fal'Cie, and you always had a sense of urgency which i have to say i enjoyed

i know that people said it took away the orginality of final fantasy but if you actually think it about it and seriously think about it you will see that actually there was alot going on behind the scenes that people seem to neglect when criticising XIII, now i have just finished XIII-2 and my god i think i may possibly have a close favourite to VIII, VI and IX it is an extremely enjoyable game and i have racked up 60 hours worth of gameplay and im still only half way through collecting the extra endings and the fragments, the world is so diverse that now people are saying its too big...

TL ; DR haters gonna hate
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennieboi20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    ok i feel like i need to add my opnion to this thread hate me or not im not all that bothered but possibly some of the "older" final fantasy fans will agree with me, where to start about it...

Final Fantasy for me is one of the very best RPG franchises out there, i am not going to say the best because i do not have any experience with dragon quest etc, when people ask me what an RPG is a say final fantasy, but onto the topic of old and new, i agree with some of the posts that old and new arent very well defined, you could say that up to the PSX is old (so the NES era) or you could say that up to the PS2 is old (that would include everything from the NES and PSX era) or even more likely which i seems to be the "trend" in this thread is that the modern console releases are classed as new.

But either way this will not influence my opinion, for me VIII was a very unique game for me, i can remember the storyline and the character backgrounds clear as day, where as with VII not so much, dont get me wrong i did enjoy it but it just didnt grip me so much like VIII did, now i have played every final fantasy to date, i have even tried the MMORPG form, which i dislike but people shouldnt hate on it if they have never played it.
    I have also noticed alot of hate around XIII but it has been the most uniquly set final fantasy's of our time i would say, granted that they should of been a bit leaniant on the exploration as it was very lineiar but if you actually played attention to the story, that was the whole point, the game was story driven as a final fantasy should be
    Spoiler warning:
    the FF XIII crew were being chased off of cocoon because they refused to accept their mission as Fal'Cie, and you always had a sense of urgency which i have to say i enjoyed

i know that people said it took away the orginality of final fantasy but if you actually think it about it and seriously think about it you will see that actually there was alot going on behind the scenes that people seem to neglect when criticising XIII, now i have just finished XIII-2 and my god i think i may possibly have a close favourite to VIII, VI and IX it is an extremely enjoyable game and i have racked up 60 hours worth of gameplay and im still only half way through collecting the extra endings and the fragments, the world is so diverse that now people are saying its too big...

TL ; DR haters gonna hate
    i did play all of FF. But still, what you say it's true. The game itself is more than okay, i think it is awesome.

Everything is about different preferences and perspectives from many people.
    If they don't like the storyline or one factor, they mostly will say the game is bad, not counting other factors of the game, and the opposite.
    ^o^ [ E t E r N a L ] ^o^

^o^ [ E t E r N a L ] ^o^

Thanks

Actually Prefer the old final Fantasys
    i Still plug up my nes and play the hell out of some ff 1 =P

Thanks

I personally don't see it as "Do you prefer older or newer Final Fantasy games?" because I'm not one to take 1 of the 2 sides. I view each game individually.

My personal favourite would have to be Final Fantasy IV. Whilst my least favourite being Final Fantasy II...

Thanks

'Old' final fantasies, definitely. And for me Final Fantasy IX is the best of all. It has an amazing storyline compared to the 'newer' FFs, but at the same time better graphics than VII and VIII. To add, FFIX is the only FF in its franchise that I ever replayed, many many times. The other FFs, I don't know why, just won't pique my interest to play them more than once.

Thanks

I completely agree with bennieboi20. FF XIII was the most original and had the best character development of all final fantasies.
    And while at it, why not tell in your posts why you hate or like that particular final fantasy. It's better than saying "I hate b FF because i don't like it all!".
    I'll start it.
    I like FF XIII for the reasons i stated above, and i dislike VII out of them all (even though it was my third FF game) because it had poor character development, the villain had terrible mother issues and distorted reasons (unlike Kefka, who had his motives quite clear: kill everyone, become a demigod, and rule the world; not necessarily in that order), the only thing that i like about VII is the materia system and Aerith, because her death was epic at the time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rulucian View Post
    I completely agree with bennieboi20. FF XIII was the most original and had the best character development of all final fantasies.
    And while at it, why not tell in your posts why you hate or like that particular final fantasy. It's better than saying "I hate b FF because i don't like it all!".
    I'll start it.
    I like FF XIII for the reasons i stated above, and i dislike VII out of them all (even though it was my third FF game) because it had poor character development, the villain had terrible mother issues and distorted reasons (unlike Kefka, who had his motives quite clear: kill everyone, become a demigod, and rule the world; not necessarily in that order), the only thing that i like about VII is the materia system and Aerith, because her death was epic at the time.
    whilst i feel you have valid points i dont think its a FF bashing thread had too many of thoes in the past, i would just stick to the why you feel older or newer final fantasy's are better plus your gonna get fan boy hate
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bennieboi20 For This Useful Post: