Thread: Speed Up Emulated CPU on MAME and Mame Plus

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Speed Up Emulated CPU on MAME and Mame Plus

I know you can do this Easily in Final Burn Alpha so I was Wondering how you can do it in Mame and Mame Plus.

Please Help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave The Man View Post
    I know you can do this Easily in Final Burn Alpha so I was Wondering how you can do it in Mame and Mame Plus.

Please Help
    While I'd recommend reading the entire article here, at least scan over the "How can I get games to run faster?" sub-section.

http://mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php/FAQerformance

I don't know how many time I can say this this on these forums, but MAME's goal isn't to make games playable for everyone or at all in some cases. It's one of accuracy which altering CPU speed would be contrary to.

Here are a couple excerpts from the linked article.

It is important to keep in mind that MAME's primary goal is to accurately reproduce the game hardware. In some cases, it may not be possible to do this on any system that exists today.
    Emulation accuracy trumps playability concerns in MAME.