Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kony 2012?

Thanks

Default Kony 2012?

This is all over the internet. For those that haven't seen what it's about

Some people are already getting pissy about this being "spammed", so let's talk about what it's about then.

So basically, Joseph Kony is a warlord in Africa capturing little kids to brainwash as soldiers to kill, rape, and all that sort of good things. He's been at it for over 25 years.

Invisible Children is trying to raise awareness and have him arrested through intervention of powerful countries.

Here are the main criticisms (trollings) against Invisible Children:

- Only 31% of donations they receive go directly towards the charity.
    - They support the Ugandan military which is accused of looting and rape.

So cutting to the point, if this entire campaign is to raise awareness, shouldn't a large amount of the expenses go towards funding those pursuits? Making the film and buying advertisement and lobbying is not cheap. Also, people in such a large production aren't going to work for free.

The issue with the Ugandan military. Nothing realistically can happen without strong allies in the region. So there are two options. You hold your nose and try to support a questionable ally, or stick to your ethics and do nothing except stay at home sitting safely on your couch.

So what do you think?

Thanks
    EP Points

When I read the title, I thought China was ripping off Sony.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

So how are we going to fight them, without a military? Someone will have to fight him. I don't think he is just going to step down because we said so.

Thanks
    EP Points

Man, everyone commenting "KONY 2012" and blabla in every youtube video that I watched today. lol
    Hope those kids fine.

Thanks

A nonsense fad with people posting links all over Facebook without knowing all the fact, just taking the populist stance.

I hate the Internet.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    A nonsense fad with people posting links all over Facebook without knowing all the fact, just taking the populist stance.

I hate the Internet.
    Truth. It's beyond annoying already.

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    So how are we going to fight them, without a military? Someone will have to fight him. I don't think he is just going to step down because we said so.
    There's a protest in Ireland coming up in relation to this Kony fellow. I keep asking people what exactly that is going to achieve. No one can give me a real answer, I hate people.

Off I fuck.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I say we just nuke Africa even further back into the stone age than it already is. It may be the ultimate mother continent for mankind, but that doesn't save it from being a hive of some of the worst humanity has to offer. The only way to fix it is to just wipe everything out and start from scratch.

The same can also be applied to the Middle East.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    I say we just nuke Africa even further back into the stone age than it already is. It may be the ultimate mother continent for mankind, but that doesn't save it from being a hive of some of the worst humanity has to offer. The only way to fix it is to just wipe everything out and start from scratch.
    We all are homo sapiens therefore we are all originated from Africa.

Thanks

Why should there be external intervention ? Fuck these people and all other animals. There were "interventions" in Afghanistan/Irak and other buttholes of Earth and it only brought stock markets down, whole planet close to financial collapse. LET THEM DIE. Let them win their own war and grow their own balls.
    No Limit.

Thanks
    EP Points

I kind of agree. Africa is way in the stone age. Most places don't have power. Maybe the white man should have stayed there and colonize it.

From what I got, Africa is always fighting some war with itself. Whether it is religion or countries not getting along.

The middle east is doing better, but they are just corrupt as ****. Same with Russia.

Thanks
    EP Points

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

I agree man.... lame countries...oh and hurricanes because africa................

Thanks
    EP Points