Thread: Problem: Baten Kaitos - Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

Thanks

Exclamation Problem: Baten Kaitos - Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

Sorry if this is a double post... I thought I had already posted this but when I went to find my post so I could edit it, it was nowhere to be found. Also... I did a search of the Nintendo Systems forum about this and did find one other thread with basically this exact problem. However, the thread is closed and no real solution was actually given. The TC said it was a problem with their PC and had some reinstalling to do. Doesn't really help me much since I've just recently re-installed a fresh copy of my OS and my DirectX is up-to-date

Hardware

Spoiler warning:

CPU:
    Spoiler warning:

Intel Core i5 760 @ 2.80GHz (4 CPU's), over-clocked @ ~3.8GHz

Graphics Card:
    Spoiler warning:

I have two - ASUS Radeon HD 5850 1GB DirectCu TOP, AMD CrossFireX enabled.

RAM:
    Spoiler warning:

Corsair Dominator 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz C7

Operating System:
    Spoiler warning:

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Not really sure if any of that was necessary for what I'm posting about but there it is. Anyway... I'm having some issues with the Baten Kaitos - Eternal Wings files. They download fine, it's when I go extract them where I have issues. Using WinRAR I choose to the option to extract said file to (filenamexxxx). It does it but then when I go into the file I encounter another WinRAR archive instead of an ISO file. So when I try to extract or go into that file I end up getting errors.

For Baten Kaitos - Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (Disc 1) ISO and Baten Kaitos - Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (Disc 2) ISO I get, "The archive is in either unknown format or damaged." when trying to go into it (via double clicking). When trying to extract it I get, "No archives found".

For Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings ISO I get a CRC error.

I have re-downloaded each of these at least twice and still get the same results.

I am NOT using a download manager of any kind (thought I should specify that based on what I read in the other thread).

I don't believe it's a problem with my PC but the files themselves because other ISO's and ROM's extract and run just fine. However, I might be wrong.

A few examples of the ISO's and ROM's that run just fine:

Spoiler warning:

Super Nintendo
    Spoiler warning:

• Earthbound
    • The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past

Nintendo 64
    Spoiler warning:

• Super Mario 64
    • The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time, Master Quest

Nintendo Gamecube
    Spoiler warning:

• Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
    • The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker

Nintendo Wii
    Spoiler warning:

• The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword

Last edited by MAKO Junkie; 6th-February-2012 at 03:41.

Thanks
    EP Points

A, use 7zip to try and extract if Winrar dont work proper.

B, once you extract the first time DONT extract again. The second file you are extracting is the ISO its just not assosiated with the ISO that is the reason you are getting problems. Just go into properties and change the association.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Darklinky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MAKO Junkie View Post
    I am NOT using a download manager of any kind (thought I should specify that based on what I read in the other thread).
    Try redownload those files with any download managers(e.g JDownloader).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    A, use 7zip to try and extract if Winrar dont work proper.

B, once you extract the first time DONT extract again. The second file you are extracting is the ISO its just not assosiated with the ISO that is the reason you are getting problems. Just go into properties and change the association.
    7zip didn't work.

Now, when you say to change the association, do you mean to change the filename extension or the program listed for "Opens with"? I've tried to change the filename extension but it doesn't work, I know that it's the ISO file but it's being recognized by the computer as a WinRAR Archive. Was only trying to extract it earlier because I couldn't really think of anything else to do at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Try redownload those files with any download managers(e.g JDownloader).
    Even with a Download Manager [FlashGet] I get the same results

Still trying stuff to see if I can get it to work.

EDIT:

All right. It's working now... Changed the "Opens with" program from WinRAR Archiver to Dolphin. It's now recognized. This is the first time I've ever come across something like this... Normally when I extract ISO's they're already properly associated and can be run in the emulator straight away.

Thank you for the replies, this can now be closed.
    Last edited by MAKO Junkie; 6th-February-2012 at 02:21.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MAKO Junkie View Post
    Thank you for the replies, this can now be closed.
    You're welcome.

and Thread locked.