Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing .cue file needed

Hybrid View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Missing .cue file needed

(Note: I checked the forums first and multiple different websites and none of the information was completely helpful.)

I downloaded a few games that use .bin.ecm and .ape files. I used unecm to convert the .bin.ecm to .bin and used Monkey's Audio to convert the .ape files to .wav and I am able to play the .bin files, but not with any music. I want to combine the .bin and .wav files together in an ISO with imgburn, but none of the files have cue files. I found links in other threads to download cue files, but those are on Megaupload which is now a defunct site. I could create a cue file if it was just one track, but I don't know how to create the cue file with multiple tracks.

Cue Missing
    Dealing with games that have no cue or ccd file included.

Download Cue's and Sbi's and open with 7-zip

From there you can find the folder that matches your game, you are best off sorting by name in 7-zip.

Once you find the folder just double click it like you would with any other folder in that folder you should find the missing cue file and maybe an sbi file.

Drag and drop the cue file to the same folder the other game files are in.

You can close 7-zip now.
    I need to know where I can either download the cue files used, or how to create my own.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

There's a link to get the cue files in Zorlon's guide:

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks, that's exactly what I am looking for!

I now have the files all set as .bin with the .cue, but now I have another problem. When I try opening to .cue file with ImgBurn it tries to burn a physical Disc. When I switch to build mode it doesn't seem to access the contents of the cue file. How can I convert this pile of bin files into a disc image without burning a disc first?

Thanks
    EP Points

I can't seem to find any program that works. gburner get's confused with the combination of audio and data tracks and tries to make an audio CD from the .cue file. AnytoISO will create the ISO from the cue, but will get an unspecified error and the image won't work. Most other converters don't even seem to be able to look at more than one .bin file. I really don't want to waste CD-R discs, and none of the guides on here seem to have any leads about what will work. I thought it would be as simple as opening the .cue, but it seems very non-standard to use multiple .bin files in the creation of a single .ISO file, so how to I merge this .bin files together?

Thanks
    EP Points

I assume you are trying to emulate this disc what emulator are you using?
    The two most popular ones are epsxe and psx

If you are using epsxe you don't have to convert anything you just have to either mount the cue in a virtual drive like daemon tools and select run cd/dvd, or go to file run iso and select the cue file for your game.

Not sure if psx supports running from the cue directly or not as I use epsxe but mounting to a virtual drive should still work with psx though.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightshade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Currently ePSXe, but the thing is even if it worked I would prefer a standard ISO file. I used to own a PS2 and a very large number of PS1 and PS2 games, but around 7 years ago they were all stolen and I am trying to replace my lost collection. My plan is to buy a PS3 soon I get a USB backup loader to work with it so I can play all these games on a TV again and it would be easier in the long haul to go with a standard file type.

Unfortunately, even ePSXe on the computer isn't working as you suggest. I can load the first .bin file without sound, but if I try to load the .cue file I get this error:

Error running ePSXe
    * Error loading ISO file:
    Then it gives me the path of the game, but instead of saying .bin it says .ISO (which I don't have) so it looks like ePSXe tries to load a .cue as an ISO and doesn't like it.

Also, .mdf files don't work at all in ePSXe. Just gives me a black screen.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Did you restart your computer after installing Daemon Tools?

With Daemon Tools you don't need to convert anything. Just mount the cue sheet with Daemon Tools and from emulator configuration choose you virtual drive as your main cd rom drive, and then choose "RUN CDROM" from your emulator under "file".
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliander Eldridge View Post
    I would prefer a standard ISO file.

Unfortunately, even ePSXe on the computer isn't working as you suggest. I can load the first .bin file without sound, but if I try to load the .cue file I get this error:

Then it gives me the path of the game, but instead of saying .bin it says .ISO (which I don't have) so it looks like ePSXe tries to load a .cue as an ISO and doesn't like it.

Also, .mdf files don't work at all in ePSXe. Just gives me a black screen.
    ok the only problem I see is you are trying to convert the cue bin 2 iso is not for the conversion of cue files as you said earlier the cue file you have tells epsxe to look for an iso file which you do not have but instead have a bin file so to match your preference and the cue sheet you need to convert the .bin to .iso not .cue to iso as 4kb is pretty much standard size for a cue as all a cue really is is a text style doc that tells the console/emulator in what order it should play the files it actually contains no game data other than load order thus it is small all the game data is in the bin file and this is what you need to convert.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post

With Daemon Tools you don't need to convert anything. Just mount the cue sheet with Daemon Tools and from emulator configuration choose you virtual drive as your main cd rom drive, and then choose "RUN CDROM" from your emulator under "file".
    Yes, I tried that. It doesn't work. I made some progress though: I was able to use Daemon Tools to convert the 3 .bin files and one .cue file to a .mdf and .mds file, and the new file is 100 MB which is 1 MB less than those 3 .bin files combined, but I see no difference between it and the first .bin file by itself. It has no music. I tried using Any2ISO to convert it to ISO, but it gave me an unspecified error and doesn't work. I contacted Daemon Tools help about it and they explained that it isn't possible to convert multiple .bin files to an ISO file so it would make sense how it wouldn't be able to properly convert it to any format.

So here's what I don't get: If it isn't possible to recombine the files once broken apart, why would anyone use this compression method? At the very least this site should label which files use this compression method so it doesn't waste bandwidth since as far as I can tell it isn't possible to play or properly convert with all the audio intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    ok the only problem I see is you are trying to convert the cue bin 2 iso is not for the conversion of cue files as you said earlier the cue file you have tells epsxe to look for an iso file which you do not have but instead have a bin file so to match your preference and the cue sheet you need to convert the .bin to .iso not .cue to iso as 4kb is pretty much standard size for a cue as all a cue really is is a text style doc that tells the console/emulator in what order it should play the files it actually contains no game data other than load order thus it is small all the game data is in the bin file and this is what you need to convert.
    No. The cue file tells it to look for .bin files. I opened the .cue file as a text file to verify that it is looking for .bin files. I understand how a .cue file works, what I don't understand is how to convert it to a functional file type. I don't want a stack of ISO files instead of a stack of .bin files. I want a single unbroken disc image that works.
    Last edited by Elliander Eldridge; 7th-February-2012 at 21:22. Reason: typo

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elliander Eldridge View Post
    Yes, I tried that. It doesn't work. I made some progress though: I was able to use Daemon Tools to convert the 3 .bin files and one .cue file to a .mdf and .mds file, and the new file is 100 MB which is 1 MB less than those 3 .bin files combined, but I see no difference between it and the first .bin file by itself. It has no music. I tried using Any2ISO to convert it to ISO, but it gave me an unspecified error and doesn't work. I contacted Daemon Tools help about it and they explained that it isn't possible to convert multiple .bin files to an ISO file so it would make sense how it wouldn't be able to properly convert it to any format.
    I need you to explain more than just "It doesn't work." What happens? What sort of errors do you get? What part of it goes wrong?

Also, does your cue sheet include music wav files when you open it in notepad?

And What is your final purpose for this? Are you just trying to play the game under epsxe, or do you specifically want to have an ISO file?

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

try to google for a small program called bin2iso click convert after running then I think you can figure the rest out.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    try to google for a small program called bin2iso click convert after running then I think you can figure the rest out.
    I tried that already. It doesn't work. The GUI version will convert a .cue file to ISO, but it's like 4 kb so it clearly can't read the contents of the .cue file.

The command line version, when opening a .cue file says:

Error: (game).cue: File is not a multiple of 2352.
    Likely not a BIN file.
    Use -f to override.
    When I try again using -f it will also create a 4 kb .cue file.

The .bin.ecm concept is interesting, but why wouldn't a program that splits a game into multiple files for compression be capable to collapsing them back into a single .bin file? It would make more sense of the .bin.ecm standard used a Cabinet system to store all it's parts inside a single file and then use an automated method of restoring instead of this.

Thanks
    EP Points

I also just now tried "Daemon Tools Pro" to try and convert the image. It was able to see and open the .cue file, but when I try converting the image it says:

"Unable to make ISO image from audio CD"
    I tried mounting the .cue file in Daemon Tools Pro and then trying to "Boot from CD" ePSXe says:

* Error Loading WNASPI32.dll
    and I cannot open the mounted CD easily. Windows says I don't have enough permissions to access the file.

While mounted I also tried creating a new disc image by creating a new image file from a CD and then selecting the virtual drive, but it says:

Unable to make ISO image from multisession disc.
    I can neither use nor convert these .bin files with anything I can think of.
    Last edited by Elliander Eldridge; 6th-February-2012 at 20:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

When I say it doesn't work I mean it literally doesn't work. I already quoted the exact error messages before you asked if I restarted after I installed it.

I have the software to get either the .dat files or the .wav files, but the .cue files specifically point to .dat files so I made sure all the .ape files were turned into .dat files before starting.

My final goal is to be able to play my old games like I used to on a playstation console. I am using ePSXe for now mainly to test to see if they work, but I am planning on buying a PS3 and hard modding it with a USB loader so that I will be able to play all the PSX and PS2 games that was stolen from me years ago. Thankfully my favorite games aren't in this format.

I remember I bought Chrono Cross 3 times and each times it was stolen. I only have a single Disc II of Chrono Cross left. The Chrono Cross bonus CD was also stolen, but I had the audio tracks backed up. Thousand Arms was stolen, but I still have the "Thousand Arms Soundtrack & Multimedia CD" (which I am uploading now to make available for other people). I had a few hundred games taken. When I filed the police report back then the police said they couldn't search the guy who took them even though I had the box and serial code because it was a "civil complaint" or some such non-sense... in any case, I really want to get back what I lost and to be able to play them all on my TV the way I used to. Even though as a full time college student I probably won't have the time to.

The main reason I want to have them as .ISO files is because I am under the impression that it's the format I would need for a hard or soft mod. I can't find any definitive facts about required file types for them though.

Thanks
    EP Points

can you open your cue sheet in notepad and quote what it contains here?

could you also type all the file names that are in the same folder where your cue is?

Can you also tell me what cdrom plugin you're using for epsxe and screencap the configuration?

I suspect something is wrong with your cue sheet. If you can mount this, you can both use it for epsxe emulation and iso conversion. So I suggest you focus on mounting your cue sheet for now instead of trying to convert your files.

PS: Sorry, for some reason I didn't see your post where you quoted the errors.
    Last edited by gezegond; 7th-February-2012 at 23:36.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって