Thread: Recording PSX Emulator Gameplay /w FRAPS

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Recording PSX Emulator Gameplay /w FRAPS

So I'm attempting to use FRAPS to record my gameplay on the emulator PSX. I have the frame rate set at 60 because I think thats the highest for FRAPS (yet I tried setting it at 100 too and that worked for five minutes then failed) yet the second I hit my record key and the yellow counter goes to red my whole computer (mainly my emulator gameplay) has MAJOR slowdown. It records my gameplay's video great, sound and all but the framerate is god awful. Am I missing something? Does my PC just suck too much? I don't have a video card, but that hasnt stopped me from being able to run tons of games on emus before just fine. Could it be a RAM-related issue? I'll stop guessing randomly what my problem could be in the hopes that one of my fine fellow forumers can help. Please help me!
    Last edited by SpuzzHardwick; 10th-February-2012 at 05:29.

Thanks
    EP Points

This is what fraps does, it slows things down and in this case your emulator.
    It depend on your RAM and CPU.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Muscab For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Oh okay.....

Also I just realized I posted this in the Microsoft section. That's embarrassing. Somebody kindly move it to Sony. And if possible, can I get bit more info on how to improve my situation than Fail provided (though I shall thank him for the help)? Some more tips please!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SpuzzHardwick View Post
    Some more tips please!
    If you don't mind, reduce the setting of the emulator.
    Try turning hyperthreading off.
    Remove unneeded process in the background. Task Manager> Processes
    Use Game Booster software.

And of course you can check this amazing tips thread from frapsforum. http://frapsforum.com/threads/best-f...ips-afaik.559/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Muscab For This Useful Post: