Thread: Metal Slug Slow Down

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Metal Slug Slow Down

I have found in Mame and Final Burn Alpha Metal Slug can Slow Down Especially when the Screen is full of Enemies, Does this happen to anyone else?

I can only fix it in FBA when I put the SPU Speed Up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave The Man View Post
    I have found in Mame and Final Burn Alpha Metal Slug can Slow Down Especially when the Screen is full of Enemies, Does this happen to anyone else?

I can only fix it in FBA when I put the SPU Speed Up
    I'm not sure how FBA handles this game in comparison to other emulators, but it may be intentional. The game running on actual, original, arcade hardware had major slowdown in parts of the game.

Ah... the gold ol' days of dropping quarters into a machine.

Just as an example, do a quick Youtube search of the game running on an actual arcade cabinet, or the home Neo-Geo CD system.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Virii View Post
    I'm not sure how FBA handles this game in comparison to other emulators, but it may be intentional. The game running on actual, original, arcade hardware had major slowdown in parts of the game.

Ah... the gold ol' days of dropping quarters into a machine.

Just as an example, do a quick Youtube search of the game running on an actual arcade cabinet, or the home Neo-Geo CD system.
    So you know what games have the Slow Down in the Orignal Arcade or Neo Geo CD?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave The Man View Post
    So you know what games have the Slow Down in the Orignal Arcade or Neo Geo CD?
    I've played the first two MS games in the arcade way back when. MAME tries it's best to recreate the original hardware limitations (ie - slowdown) as best as possible. I can't speak for FBA though. The Neo-Geo home consoles were simply versions of the same arcade hardware.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Virii View Post
    I've played the first two MS games in the arcade way back when. MAME tries it's best to recreate the original hardware limitations (ie - slowdown) as best as possible. I can't speak for FBA though. The Neo-Geo home consoles were simply versions of the same arcade hardware.
    FBA does have the Slow Downs but you can increase the CPU Speed that makes it run way better and Smother without slowdowns