Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you think the world will end in 2012?

Thanks

The world will end on 23:10hrs, 31st December 2012 after downing too many beers, blacking out and waking up with a splitting headache in 2013.... and find we're still here.

Nah. It's only believable if you allow yourself to become brain-washed. That's the great thing about the Internet - laughable fiction and scaremongers. It's like saying "am I still going to be here next week?". You could get run over by a bus tomorrow (note: this can be avoided by making an appointment with opticians).

World end in 2012? Nah. I don't think so.

But the fact remains, the Mayan Doomsday Prophecy is purely based on a calendar which we believe hasn’t been designed to calculate dates beyond 2012. Mayan archaeo-astronomers are even in debate as to whether the Long Count is designed to be reset to 0.0.0.0.0 after 13.0.0.0.0, or whether the calendar simply continues to 20.0.0.0.0 (approximately 8000 AD) and then reset.

Thanks

This^^^
    Except for the evil thing destorys the world in the end
    Last edited by NightTerror666; 12th-February-2012 at 06:57.

Thanks

All the fat people in the world will fart all a once and gas the planet to death.

Thanks

A renegade shiver of freakin' sharks with freakin' laser beams attached to their freakin' heads will take over the world make humans their sex slaves and eventually destroy the planet.

Let your cosmo burn bright!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror666 View Post

This^^^
    Except for the evil thing destorys the world in the end

(i have no idea how to embed vids here, would be awesome if someone could teach me and/or embed the vid for me )
    you did most of it yourself to embed the video take the exact link you posted and instead of just pasting it here or in [url]tags hit insert video at the top of the post and paste it in the url box that pops up you don't need an embed code it does it from the youtube link.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    you did most of it yourself to embed the video take the exact link you posted and instead of just pasting it here or in [url]tags hit insert video at the top of the post and paste it in the url box that pops up you don't need an embed code it does it from the youtube link.
    thanx, man

Thanks

Well i'd like it to be some sort of virus that only affects humans alone, thus killing everyone on the planet, except animals and plants

Thanks

Oooooooooooooh if it turns out to be a zombie apocalypse kinda thing I'd be soo amped :/ Been planning for it mi whole life <3
    Otherwise the 2012 apocalypse will be caused by Blizzard finally releasing Diablo III and causing everyones heads to explode and we'll all drown in blood and brains and skull fragments :3

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A) Mass outbreaks of Ebola Zaire, with 90% infection rate, 90% mortality, leaving less than 20% of the population intact.
    B) Ever seen Idiocracy? 2012 is the tipping point...
    C) Zephram Cochran launches the first human craft capable of Warp speed, leading to a visit from an alien race that changes the course of human history.
    D) Shadowrun

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

I know it woul never happen.... but me and my band have been preparing for zombies... tbh, i kinda like the idea of it happening, life would finally be like a video game XD

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Apparently, zombie outbreak could happen.

Prions, like the one that causes mad cow disease, could essentially turn a person into a stereotypical zombie. The thing is that this would burn out the brain in a day or two, so it probably wouldn't spread very far or cause the end of civilization without some very intensive genetic manipulation. And actually getting them into the brain, and specifically the frontal lobe, where they would cause a zombie condition would be exceedingly difficult. A disease that attacks the brain, like syphilis, would vector the prions to the brain, but the prion would likely destroy the vector first. A prion causes other proteins to conform to it's shape, essentially turning cells and tissues into copies of the prion. This would destroy a vector virus very quickly, similar to how a cows brain gains a hole-ridden appearance from bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

C'mon T-Virus!! I wanna see some fucktarded zombies XD

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The universe in fact spontaneously and entirely ceases to exist once per chronon, herein defined as an arbitrarily small and, significantly, a discretized length of time representative of this universal manifestation rather than as per Caldirola's model. The reason we do not recognize this is in fact because the universe also spontaneously and entirely resumes existence once per chronon. As the reconstruction is total and complete, there is no perception of discretization possible from within the scope of this deconstruction/reconstruction phenomenon, and therefore we are presented with the illusion of an unceasing and unbroken continuity of existence. However, this observation can be empirically verified merely by adopting a vantage point present beyond the extent of the phenomenon: to wit, outside of the scope of the universe. Therefore, the universe will cease to exist in 2012, and has in fact already ceased to exist innumerable times within the span of time it took to write this post alone. Q.E.D.

Alternately, I am very tired, and find this latest outbreak of millenarianism furthermore tiresome.
    Last edited by Mistral; 24th-February-2012 at 04:29.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    The universe in fact spontaneously and entirely ceases to exist once per chronon, herein defined as an arbitrarily small and, significantly, a discretized length of time representative of this universal manifestation rather than as per Caldirola's model. The reason we do not recognize this is in fact because the universe also spontaneously and entirely resumes existence once per chronon. As the reconstruction is total and complete, there is no perception of discretization possible from within the scope of this deconstruction/reconstruction phenomenon, and therefore we are presented with the illusion of an unceasing and unbroken continuity of existence. However, this observation can be empirically verified merely by adopting a vantage point present beyond the extent of the phenomenon: to wit, outside of the scope of the universe. Therefore, the universe will cease to exist in 2012, and has in fact already ceased to exist innumerable times within the span of time it took to write this post alone. Q.E.D.

Alternately, I am very tired, and find this latest outbreak of millenarianism furthermore tiresome.
    I feel your knowledge of the world is limitless

either that or your read tons and tons of books per day

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

How will the world end in 2012? I'll tell you:

Massive disappointment.