Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ATTENTION! FILESONIC NO LONGER ALLOWS FILESHARING

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh...well emuparadise.me has direct links to downloads. Mostly all the ROMS and most of PSX ISO's from what I've seen.
    There are also links to multiupload in some ROM/ISO download pages if I remember correctly.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by drdaylight389 View Post
    Doesn't matter. The feds can nail them for the same thing MU are getting nailed for:

Conspiracy to Commit Copyright Infringement

...and unfortunately, I'm sure they can find other things to bring this forum down.
    Read up on what they actually got shut down for. They have evidence that the top echelons knowingly committed copyright infringement. There's a big difference.
    Could EP get shut down? Potentially. Will it? Not for a long time. Even as big and popular as EP is, it's still just a blip on the radar. MU took up the whole fucking screen.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanD View Post
    "Why keep EP going with nothing to download..."
    Because some of us are here for more than just downloading games.

Thanks

Hmmm, isn't the only reason these sites are freaking out is that they are making money off of it?

Does EP make any money? Not that I can think of, haven't seen Subs or anything.

I should definitely do a little research on the whole issue,

I don't mean to insult the forums/ Community when I said "Why keep EP around..." because I too think the site should continue on even with no downloads.
    Last edited by DylanD; 23rd-January-2012 at 07:37.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmmm, isn't the only reason these sites are freaking out is that they are making money off of it?

Does EP make any money? Not that I can think of, haven't seen Subs or anything.
    I think EP makes ad revenue via clickthrus, but no, there are no subscriptions and you don't have to pay for any of the downloads. MU is a prime example of why we don't do it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Read up on what they actually got shut down for. They have evidence that the top echelons knowingly committed copyright infringement. There's a big difference.
    Could EP get shut down? Potentially. Will it? Not for a long time. Even as big and popular as EP is, it's still just a blip on the radar.
    Yeah, I know exactly what they got nailed for. I know about the e-mails being exchanged and all the links being exchanged. The tools they gave the hollywood companies wouldn't delete the files and only the links. I also know just about everything the feds are nailing them with. I know all about it. Been reading up on everything I could get my hands onto. The feds are using "Conspiracy to Commit Copyright Infringement" against them for the MU site. Kim and others are getting nailed for committing Copyright Infringement too because the feds have the e-mails they sent between eachother with links to the copyrighted files. I know there's a difference between the two. I'm pretty sure I'm not the one that needs to read up on what went down and what's still going on. I'm not your average 13 year old visiting this site <---this does not imply I am 13 lol.

Oh, and I didn't say the feds will come after EP. I'm pretty sure I didn't say that. I was only stating the fact that it's possible for this site to be shut down....the forum that is.
    Last edited by drdaylight389; 23rd-January-2012 at 08:23.

Thanks

All I can say is this will be a major blow to the amount of games available... So many psp, ps2, wii, etc. games that now have dead links. They always die so young...

but seriously... Why don't all these companies stop bitching about filesharing, which will never stop, and set up a website where developers can set up accounts to receive donations and if I like your game I'll give you $20-40 or whatever I feel it was worth, if I didn't like it I'll delete it and you deserve nothing from me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I think EP makes ad revenue via clickthrus, but no, there are no subscriptions and you don't have to pay for any of the downloads. MU is a prime example of why we don't do it.
    The main concern with Copyright holders (and government) is that 1) People are stealing there software/movies/games/etc. 2) People are stealing there software/movies/etc. and making profit off of it. 3) People are stealing there software/movies/etc. and making profit off of it and rewarding others with money/rewards for sharing copyrighted material for free.
    No matter how you look at it, this site is making a profit off of copyrighted material due to the ads. The same goes for every warez forum, torrent site and file host company. If they don't have ads, they have a donation feature or both.

Believe me, I'm not trying to start an argument between me and you (I know it may seem like it, but I'm not) or others here; I'm just stating facts. Trying to get people to understand why all this shit is going on. So this message isn't exactly aimed towards you. If I'm wrong somewhere, please, do correct me. If I am wrong, I'll be the first to admit it and move on from there.

All I can say is this will be a major blow to the amount of games available... So many psp, ps2, wii, etc. games that now have dead links. They always die so young...
    Sucks don't it? This is why I have downloaded all my favorite console ROM's and ISO's. I was lucky enough to find a cloud storage site giving away a lifetime membership with 512GB of storage so I'm backing everything up there. They're not giving it away anymore or I'd be tellin' everyone to go there and back up there pirated stuff!

but seriously... Why don't all these companies stop bitching about filesharing, which will never stop, and set up a website where developers can set up accounts to receive donations and if I like your game I'll give you $20-40 or whatever I feel it was worth, if I didn't like it I'll delete it and you deserve nothing from me.
    They wont stop piracy...ever. They can however, slow it down which is what they're doing right now....and doing a damn good job at it. They are scaring the crap out of businesses and downloaders. I've seen some users saying they are done with pirating....at least till all this has all blown over. And what you suggested might sound like a good idea, but in their (hollywood and developers) eyes, it's bad. They want guaranteed money. To them, money is what makes the world go round.

Thanks

I like your game I'll give you $20-40 or whatever I feel it was worth, if I didn't like it I'll delete it and you deserve nothing from me.

yeah how bout - nintendo/gamestop/etc all these greedy ass companies stop charging $40-$60 per game that the developers dont even get to see one penny of?
    consoles i understand because that has been going on for a long time but games,cmon?
    (give US a break since we buy the damn consoles which could buy a ton of games instead!)

Thanks

Man, this is getting scary.

I almost exclusively only use Usenet, but this is bad, torrents and cyber-lockers usually keeps the attention away, but this could change.

Thanks
    EP Points

As I have said before, this was a technique to scare people into doing what they want. It's a technique usually used by oppressors and dictators, and it's called terrorism.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    As I have said before, this was a technique to scare people into doing what they want. It's a technique usually used by oppressors and dictators, and it's called terrorism.
    So how's that tin foil hat fitting?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Heiji1412 View Post
    Man, this is getting scary.

I almost exclusively only use Usenet, but this is bad, torrents and cyber-lockers usually keeps the attention away, but this could change.
    Usenet will be back in a big way.

@dark seid: http://www.tinfoilonmyhead.com/

Thanks
    EP Points

"Why keep EP going with nothing to download..."
    The hang out, of course.

(but seriously, I like it in here... hope they don't close it... )

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Majinkura View Post
    yeah how bout - nintendo/gamestop/etc all these greedy ass companies stop charging $40-$60 per game that the developers dont even get to see one penny of?
    consoles i understand because that has been going on for a long time but games,cmon?
    (give US a break since we buy the damn consoles which could buy a ton of games instead!)
    They aren't even behind this whole fiasco, and I really don't mind paying $60 for games I enjoy. At least with a game you're getting several hours on something to do. I haven't been to the theater since 2009, and a friend invited me along and paid for my ticket both times.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

shardnax - i only see a game worth that much if it came with extras.
    and i haven't been to the theatre since 2003.