Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: ATTENTION! MEGAUPLOAD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN BY THE FEDS!!

Thanks

Damn, but still I will be very pissed if they kill Mediafire. They can kill the other uploading sites, but please never kill Mediafire.
    Last edited by popon01; 4th-February-2012 at 16:41. Reason: removed some parts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by popon01 View Post
    Damn, but still I will be very pissed if they kill Mediafire. They can kill the other uploading sites, but please never kill Mediafire.
    I think ex.ua was a free host, but it's been taken down.......
    Ukrainian police officers have stopped the activity of well-known file hosting service ex.ua for violations of intellectual property rights, the media liaisons office of the Ukrainian Interior Ministry reported on Tuesday.

Some 200 servers with a total volume of illegal content over 6,000 terabytes were seized during searches conducted at the office and data centers of the online file storage provider.

"A criminal case was opened under Part 2, Article 176 of the Criminal Code, which foresees liability for breaches of copyright and related rights, after applications were submitted to the Interior Ministry from the official representatives of the world's leading software companies – international corporations Adobe Systems Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Graphisoft Inc. etc., whose software products have long been illegally distributed through the Web site ex.ua," reads the statement.

The Interior Ministry noted that it had been found that the administration of the Web site, despite the legitimate demands of rights holders and the provisions of the Ukrainian law on copyright and related rights, had provided the large-scale distribution in the state and abroad of illegal content, including "hundreds of thousands of audiovisual works, phonograms, videograms and computer programs."

Police officers learned that the administration of the file hosting service had been headed by a Latvian citizen. Sixteen employees of the company's office are currently being questioned, whereas the equipment seized by police officers has been sent for examination. The number of people to be called to account as part of this criminal case will be clear after the necessary investigatory and legal proceedings are carried out. The article of the Criminal Code, under which the criminal case was opened, foresees imprisonment of up to five years, along with the confiscation of copies of works and equipment.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Also I heard Megaupload is trying to resurrect itself with:
    -----

I hope this site will become fully operational.
    I Wouldnt trust that url seems fishy to me
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 2nd-February-2012 at 01:08. Reason: link removed - phising

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.facebook.com/groups/emupa...5956453794650/ dunno if its a public link or not, but thats basically the current status of uploading sites
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

------

Its a good thing cookie edited that post so the link would be removed, I clicked on it

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    From the NY Times:

Federal prosecutors in Virginia say they have shut down one of the world’s largest Internet file-sharing sites, Megaupload.com, and charged its founder and others with violating piracy laws.

An indictment accuses the company of costing copyright holders more than $500 million in lost revenue from pirated films and other content. The indictment was unsealed Thursday, one day after Web sites shut down in protest of two Congressional proposals intended to thwart the online piracy of copyrighted movies and TV programs.

Megaupload.com has claimed it is diligent in responding to complaints about pirated material.

The indictment says that at one point, Megaupload was the 13th most popular Web site in the world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/20/te...th-piracy.html
    What exactly do we do now? It's not like we can just slap the Firefox MAAFIAFire Redirector add-on on and continue with our lives. I've used FileFactory before. Would that be a reasonable alternative? I know that that site deletes your files if their not downloaded enough, so that could be a problem...

Thanks

On a lighter note, I finally got to see the face behind the site. The dude was the biggest tool/loser ever. Appears he literally sat infront of a 360 all day playing MW3 as he held 1st place on the leader boards for ages. Sad to see the site go, but not him.

Thanks

I don't know if it's been reported yet but fileserve is back, many links hosted on it are now working again.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by paperfan View Post
    I don't know if it's been reported yet but fileserve is back, many links hosted on it are now working again.
    Damn, fileserve is also banned in my country. :/

Thanks

Sorry to hear it's banned in your local.
    You can always try using a proxy to get around the region ban.

Thanks

------

Oops I never knew it was a phishing website. I am very sorry for posting that link.

Thanks

So whats the current status of every thing, whos shut down, what the gov is doing etc......

Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 160 Posts
    EP Points

Just hope MF keeps a low profile, i dont even wanna think if they fall in panic and shuts down the whole thing,.. ( adopts a fetal position,spiting foam mumbling weird things in Aramaic). Q_Q

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ColdfireTrilogy View Post
    On a lighter note, I finally got to see the face behind the site. The dude was the biggest tool/loser ever. Appears he literally sat infront of a 360 all day playing MW3 as he held 1st place on the leader boards for ages. Sad to see the site go, but not him.
    He'll be tossing salads in prison for a few decades, he'll be putting that hand-eye coordination to good use. Because of his insider trading bullshit and other crook related criminal ventures not related to MU, he brought heat down on file sharing and he brought this apocalypse upon the Internet. I hope the salads he tosses are hairy and smelly.

Thanks

I may be showing my age, but why doesn't this place use ctcp/dcc bots in an IRC channel on a private server and just have invites via the forums? Is it because of speed? Inquiring minds would like to know.