Thread: DOOM (U) and EPSXE 1.7, help me :(

Thanks

Default DOOM (U) and EPSXE 1.7, help me :(

ok so as stated in the title i have DOOM(U) version downloaded from emuparadise, also EPSXE 1.7. When starting the game Williams entertainment screen pops up as normal then another page of text but after that it just goes black and wont move forward, ive changed video plug ins a couple times and it will take me through to the "loading" like it just freebased from a fish bowl... but either way it will never bring up the main menu of the game. What settings can i change to fix this? please help me i cant even find another emulator that will work.

Thanks
    EP Points

Solution: Get Zdoom. It's freeware. Get the DOOM.wad
    Enjoy.
    On the PC, the way it's meant to be played.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Solution: Get Zdoom. It's freeware. Get the DOOM.wad
    Enjoy.
    On the PC, the way it's meant to be played.
    No, no! Get GZDOOM.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cb123 View Post
    ok so as stated in the title i have DOOM(U) version downloaded from emuparadise, also EPSXE 1.7. When starting the game Williams entertainment screen pops up as normal then another page of text but after that it just goes black and wont move forward, ive changed video plug ins a couple times and it will take me through to the "loading" like it just freebased from a fish bowl... but either way it will never bring up the main menu of the game. What settings can i change to fix this? please help me i cant even find another emulator that will work.
    How did you run it? using the 'Run ISO' option?

If yes, try running it with "Run Cdrom" instead, by mounting it on virtual driver first.