Thread: R&C:UpYourArsenal Disc Probz! Help! Please?

Thanks

Unhappy R&C:UpYourArsenal Disc Probz! Help! Please?

first off, i'm new here. don't judge.

secondly, and more importantly, the main issue. i've recently got a used copy of ratchet&clank: up your arsenal. unfortunately, i can only get to holostar studios, and then it puts me through an infinite loop of the "ratchet's ship flying" screens. yes, i may have owned the console since the day it came out, and, being young at the time, not treating it properly, but i am sure this is not the issue, since it will run any other game/movie/cd perfectly. this makes me believe it was the disc, which looks as if it's seen better days. knowing how ISOs work, and that the playstation 2 discs have that weird logo engraved into the disk, i was wondering if would still be able to burn an ISO to a blank DVD+R, RW, and have it work. is this possible, and if so, how would one go about doing it?

wow, you're actually caring enough to read this?

Thanks

I'm not sure how Emuparadise rules view this despite it being a ROM site, but you would need to hard-mod your console to run burnt discs. It's illegal, I THINK at least, and good luck finding whatever methods there are, like MagicSwap. I once wanted to mod my PS2 but its been so long since last gen that I don't think I'll ever be able to do it.
    I'm sure someone here can help you though. Honestly the best option is to just emulate the game. Thats what this site is for

Thanks
    EP Points

No, we are fine with console modification, and it is not illegal . Don't scare him like that.

No, you do not have to hardmod your PS2, there is a bit of homebrew that called Free MemoryCardBoot (FMCB). The best way I can describe it is that it turns your memory card into a Mod chip.
    There is a FREE installation offered here and two guides for the cheapest way to do it here and here .

Also, I recommend that you search this site and use Google before posting a new thread, but welcome to the forums.

EDIT:
    Oh, and this might help you out if you aren't interested. Also, there is a list of other games you can use for installing FMCB here.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 6th-January-2012 at 03:15.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alakazander For This Useful Post:

Thanks

no, i'm not scared about legal issues. i already know my "political do's and don'ts" . acctually, emulation was my first idea, but then i thought about long long ago in a galaxy known as 1993 there was a certain cd-based add-on that all you needed was an iso, cue sheet, and cd's to burn to get games for a tenth of the price. (hooray for practically free sonic cd!) so, there i was, browsing the interwebs for an iso. and, luck has it, epforums had such a thing. for shame you needed an acount for that, but, nonetheless, i saw an opportunity two kill 2 birds with one stone. i could get my iso, and have my suspicions lifted by creating an account and actually doing something about it. and now here i am, taking advice from a website i knew for about 20 minutes. that's enough about me, let's actually get back to what i'm doing here. thanks for the help, Alakazander. and thanks for "scaring me with legal gobbledygook", AuronAXE. sorry if i'm wasting your time, i don't do "warm welcomes" very well

EDIT:
    WHAT? there's a button devoted specifically to giving thanks? this place does have everything!

wow, you're actually caring enough to read this?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ToxicAtom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hope ya find everything ya want, and if you need any help modding a mem card with my guides give me a holla.