Discuss.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...se-players-cry

FFX??!?!? What is this shit?

What games made you cry if any?

Discuss.
    maybe they played the ntsc-u version the horrible voice acting made me want to cry.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    maybe they played the ntsc-u version the horrible voice acting made me want to cry.
    Or the part where they were laughing OH GOD that was cringe-worthy

Thanks

The only game that comes to mind that caused waterworks is Final Fantasy VII. Aeris's death in combination with the music and the cutscene. That stuff really got to me and I couldn't hide it behind my manliness.

Final Fantasy X was no. 1 in that list... I didn't find the characters involving enough to care, plus the awful voice acting reminded me "it's just a game".
    Last edited by GrimmTeather; 3rd-January-2012 at 07:22.
    "Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GrimmTeather For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmTeather View Post
    The only game that comes to mind that caused waterworks is Final Fantasy VII. Aeris's death in combination with the music and the cutscene. That stuff really got to me and I couldn't hide it behind my manliness.
    Totally agree that was the most touching scene I've ever seen in a video game.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

The ending to Suikoden 2 when you don't get all the stars seriously got to me, to the point where I not only cried, but wouldn't go near games for like a month afterward. :'D Pretty sure it still would, too! Though personally I prefer the game ending that way to the super-happy ending you get if you get all the stars. It's a bittersweet game, and a bittersweet ending suits it~

Aside from that, hmm... Only a scene from Final Fantasy VII really comes to mind. Not Aeris's death (though I do think it's a beautifully directed scene for a company with almost no experience in cinematic games at the time!), but the scene with Seto and Red XIII. It always used to make me cry as a kid.

Oh, and a handful of musical cues from games I played as a kid will cause me to cry on cue to this day. But that's really just childhood nostalgia doing its thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Only a scene from Final Fantasy VII really comes to mind. Not Aeris's death (though I do think it's a beautifully directed scene for a company with almost no experience in cinematic games at the time!), but the scene with Seto and Red XIII. It always used to make me cry as a kid.
    I'd forgotten about that scene. That was moving too. I've never come across any other game that got in there like FF7 did.
    "Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Never cried to anything gaming related but MGS3's ending made my eyes tear up. It's the ultimate man-tear ending! MGS4 too when Otacon tells Sunny that Snake had a hard life.

350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I personally haven't cried at a video game. Anime has been known to get me a couple times (extreme cases of ridiculous sadness)...

Thanks
    EP Points

I never actually dropped tears for games (unless when I wanted a game so badly, that I would appeal to cry to my parents), but some games gave me a sad feeling, like Silent Hill 2, one of the endings is sad:
    Spoiler warning:
    I wanted James to stay with Maria, but in the end I had to kill her without knowing.

In Resident Evil 1 it's sad as well when...
    Spoiler warning:
    I accidentally let Barry die, he had a nice family.

In Resident Evil 2
    Spoiler warning:
    Ada's "death" is sad too.

Thanks
    EP Points

the ONLY two games on that list WORTHY of tears are Clannad and Crisis Core, FFVII does NOT desereve tears, you know the scene when aerith dies??? I LAUGHED!

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You have to remember since this is a Japanese poll, FFX didn't have that god awful voice acting or scripts issues (at least in as many numbers). Still, this list is shit for not having this:

This is the only thing in gaming besides Oswald's big speech in Odin Sphere to make me cry uncontrollably.

Thanks
    EP Points

I never cried with games or movies (sorry Bambi lovers), but Klonoa's ending was a touching experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    The only thing that game made me feel was disapointment for being very easy even for when I was a child.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by H.N.K. View Post
    The only thing that game made me feel was disapointment for being very easy even for when I was a child.

Thanks

I cant remember If I cried but I definitely got teary eyed at the beginning of the 1st Shenmue and the end of the second really got my emotions going and I might have cried then too.