Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the likelihood of being caught for DLing?

Thanks

Default What's the likelihood of being caught for DLing?

I have a friend who downloaded like 20ish gigs form file sharing websites from links on this websites. He is a bit paranoid he will get a notice in his email/law suit. Most of it he owns but some of what he downloaded he does not won the original, so is it likely he will get caught?

Thanks
    EP Points

Not even close to being in the realm of likely to happen.

Thanks
    EP Points

I downloaded about 900GB in the first year of having my own PC. And unless I've blanked the experience from my memory, I am yet to serve any jail time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm from this site alone, i have downloaded over 200 PS2 games
    50+ game guides
    etc
    Everything is good here.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Besides, even if you get a C&D warning for downloading copyrighted material, it's typically a warning first. They don't just throw the book at you until you've become big enough to warrant making an example of, and 20 GB isn't enough for that.

Err, not that I would know anything about that. *whistle*

Thanks

i've downloaded about 200 games from this site

most of which are psx games

if about 20k + people download about 200 games from this site, do you think its possible for people to get arrested?

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    i've downloaded about 200 games from this site

most of which are psx games

if about 20k + people download about 200 games from this site, do you think its possible for people to get arrested?
    yeah it's a pretty safe bet that you will be fine downloading games.
    oh sh@t the cops are at my house just asked if I ever spoke to a Mr.Cookie Monster or user rok124 I told him my ex G/F's son used to watch the former on Pbs and never heard of the latter, so I think EP is safe for now unless they are tracing my internet activity then we are all screwed.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm just going to assume this thread wasn't serious.

Thanks

It may be if SOPA gets passed

EDIT: wtf am i trying to say? its never gonna get passed

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Chosenne777 View Post
    I have a friend who downloaded like 20ish gigs form file sharing websites from links on this websites. He is a bit paranoid he will get a notice in his email/law suit. Most of it he owns but some of what he downloaded he does not won the original, so is it likely he will get caught?
    Even if he downloaded 1000+ gigs of stuff odds are rather low (see close to 0) that he gets caught...

Unless he's an complete idiot and does something stupid like downloading the latest movies/music from torrents without any further safety methods or brags about it in front of the police/while showing his real face over the Internet... (and yes, there are really people that stupid)

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kagami View Post
    Even if he downloaded 1000+ gigs of stuff odds are rather low (see close to 0) that he gets caught...

Unless he's an complete idiot and does something stupid like downloading the latest movies/music from torrents without any further safety methods or brags about it in front of the police/while showing his real face over the Internet... (and yes, there are really people that stupid)
    There was a guy on another emulation forum who did that.

He bought, ripped, and uploaded a Mario Wii game a week before it was widely available and posted a picture of the receipt on this message board and Nintendo was able to track him down through that picture and sued him for 1.3 million plus court fees: http://www.geek.com/articles/games/n...ame_height=300

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    There was a guy on another emulation forum who did that.

He bought, ripped, and uploaded a Mario Wii game a week before it was widely available and posted a picture of the receipt on this message board and Nintendo was able to track him down through that picture and sued him for 1.3 million plus court fees: http://www.geek.com/articles/games/n...ame_height=300
    I lol'd and roflcopter'd at the stupidity

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

So my question is, is emuparadise safe to download games from? Cause I already got caught once downloading movies. So its not safe first of all.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Your fine =P

I got called once a long time ago from my ISP for downloading a ROM on Bearshare, so they disabled my internet service. Called them back and explained that I'm not committing a crime and if they ever called again I would get em back for harassment and abuse of power 8D never got a call since ;]

BUT Bearshare was unsafe and this site is safe =] so again,

Your fine =P
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Playbite View Post
    So my question is, is emuparadise safe to download games from? Cause I already got caught once downloading movies. So its not safe first of all.
    It is safe if you do it right and use a bit of common sense... bet you downloaded the latest movie (barely/not even out in your country) from a torrent without even trying to hide your IP or using any tool like Peerblock... it's just like asking to be caught

More on topic, it's safe to download here (be it either from the main site or from the direct links on the forum).

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!