Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nortan ani virus picking up the emuparadise.org homepage as having VIRUSES??

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Nortan ani virus picking up the emuparadise.org homepage as having VIRUSES??

I was alarmed today when I typed in www.emuparadise.org and it changed in the address window to www.emuparadise.me and my norton anti virus went crazy! This is what norton said was going on...

Threats found: 2
    Here is a complete list: (for more information about a specific threat, click on the Threat Name below)

Threat Name: Backdoor.Trojan
    Location: http://www.emuparadise.me/emulators/...nkawaks146.zip

Threat Name: Direct link to Backdoor.Trojan

I got to the new realeases section when I went directly there through typing the address in the address window but when I clicked on the "latest news" link on the left, which takes you to the home page my Anti virus went nuts again....This sucks. Has anyone else had this problem or is my anti virus being stupid? Heres the link to Nortan safe web where it talks about what they found http://safeweb.norton.com/report/sho...%2Farchive.php

Any info on this would be appreciated! I love this site and it pisses me off when people try to ruin it!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Umm Norton sucks =S

If it was preinstalled on your computer, get rid of it -.-

I recommend AVG Anti Virus Free (or Pro if you have the money)
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks
    EP Points

Lol! K' that answers that question I'll check out AVG. But Nortan never picked up emuparadise as having viruses before. Are these virus warnings FALSE is what your saying? You never addressed that. I guess thats what concerns me the most at this point. Anyone have any insight on that? I posted the link up top and the links where the "supposed" viruses are at......mmmmm. Something weird is that when I type www.emuparadise.org in the address window and click go, it automatically changes to www.emuparadise.me. Me? what the heck is that and why is it doing it?
    Last edited by collinsman; 27th-December-2011 at 04:48.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah Norton is really bad for causing "False Positives". I guess in the database it believes that a virus was lead from the source (in this case emuparadise). Also Norton has a horrible history "

AVG used to have some dumb issues but they've been solved (mostly) just now what ever problems they have are warnings that something could potentially harm your computer. That's what I like about AVG, it knows what can harm your computer, holds it captive until you decide what you would like to do with it =]
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbigbuddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by collinsman View Post
    Something weird is that when I type www.emuparadise.org in the address window and click go, it automatically changes to www.emuparadise.me. Me? what the heck is that and why is it doing it?
    This is a Quote from a news post made june 20, 2011 on the main site.

Quote Originally Posted by MasJ View Post
    We are now emuparadise.me
    So after 11 years of being emuparadise.org we decided to switch to emuparadise.me as our new home. A lot of you must be wondering why..

The simple reason for this is because we think it's hip =D So there you have it. Everything should work exactly as it did before. The old .org domain will always redirect to the new one so there should be no issues with that.

Do please leave a comment at this news post if you face any issues using the site. Have fun with the new emuparadise.me, it surely doesn't affect you all that much
    so in answer to the question as to your browser changing the address yes it is normal, and is a simple redirect as emuparadise .org no longer exist as it has changed to emuparadise.me, the forums on the other hand still retain the .org site

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightshade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey thanks Bigbigbuddy n Nightshade. I appreciate you guys shedding some light on that for me. I'll get rid of norton and try AVG as your not the first person to recommend it to me recently. Game on!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bigbigbuddy View Post
    AVG used to have some dumb issues but they've been solved (mostly) just now what ever problems they have are warnings that something could potentially harm your computer. That's what I like about AVG, it knows what can harm your computer, holds it captive until you decide what you would like to do with it =]
    Well, I was going to suggest AVG (because it is the one I have) but since that already has been done...
    Anyway, I also have no complaints about it. And it is free.
    Oh, and I had Norton in my 6-year-old PC until September (read: until I finally got Internet ) and it was very very bad.
    Now it has AVG. ^^
    (Before AVG I tried Avast and got very disappointed, so I wouldn't recommend that one)
    I would just like to mention that the community here is being great and I don't regret joining.
    Threads like these are a proof of that.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foggy_han For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by collinsman View Post
    Hey thanks Bigbigbuddy n Nightshade. I appreciate you guys shedding some light on that for me. I'll get rid of norton and try AVG as your not the first person to recommend it to me recently. Game on!
    Anytime =D always here to help

Quote Originally Posted by foggy_han View Post
    Well, I was going to suggest AVG...
    Well it's by far the best in my books =P I currently have COMODO Firewall with AVG Anti-Virus and have never EVER had any problems =D

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbigbuddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

or get a mac... no viruses! lol... well not many, like 10 maybe

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

I currently have COMODO Firewall with AVG Anti-Virus and have never EVER had any problems =D
    I do not know about COMODO... in fact, I do not know a lot of firewalls...
    But it is always good to know that I have a very nice anti-virus.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well it's by far the best in my books =P I currently have COMODO Firewall with AVG Anti-Virus and have never EVER had any problems =D
    Same here,except that I also have Malwarebytes and Threatfire, which works with your antivirus an helps it detect better than without it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Same here,except that I also have Malwarebytes and Threatfire, which works with your antivirus an helps it detect better than without it.
    That's why i have Spybot Search & Destroy =P I run that every 2 weeks to make sure nothing is left on my comp to ruin it

Thanks
    EP Points

i hear good things of Mcafee

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

Norton, Mcafee and AVG all suck. People who have no idea about Anti-Virus's always suggest AVG, but Microsoft Security Essentials is the one to get.

Thanks
    EP Points

Angry Video Games?