Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default The Dark Knight Rises

http://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/cf...a362273797c937

The boner I have is the biggest one I have ever had.

Thanks

That doesn't look half bad considering the last two was a miss, and the fact the last movie was probably the most overrated movie of all time.

From a massive Batman TAS fan, it really is a shame there hasn't been a good Batman Holywood picture, considering there has been not one, but two heavy hitter Batman games that really pays homage to the series.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Surprised there wasn't a thread for this already.

Quote Originally Posted by Heiji1412 View Post
    That doesn't look half bad considering the last two was a miss, and the fact the last movie was probably the most overrated movie of all time.

From a massive Batman TAS fan, it really is a shame there hasn't been a good Batman Holywood picture, considering there has been not one, but two heavy hitter Batman games that really pays homage to the series.
    First time I've really seen this take from a Batman fan. I'm really not a big fan but I'll probably see this movie.

Thanks

Looking very forward to this....I enjoyed the previous two Nolan BatMan outings.

Always had a hankering to see Killer Croc in a live-action film, but I realize that they would more-than-likely do him in CG anyhow...

Looking forward to The Avengers, as well....hope they can pull it off.

Thanks
    EP Points

The trailer was meh but I'm looking forward to the movie. I liked Begins and loved The Dark Knight, so I'm expecting good things from this one as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    The trailer was meh but I'm looking forward to the movie. I liked Begins and loved The Dark Knight, so I'm expecting good things from this one as well.
    Agreed. I was hesitant about swallowing Ledger's Joker, figuring that this 'young punk' wouldnt be able to hold a candle, but I was floored; after seeing his range, I'd put him right there shoulder-to-shoulder with both Jack's and Romero's versions of the Joker....good stuff...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

and the fact the last movie was probably the most overrated movie of all time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    An appropriate reaction, you've got to admit though there was a lot of hype attached to the second movie. That being said, it wasn't all unwarranted.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the third movie, although if Bale's voice gets any lower in pitch, I'm going to need sonar to figure out what he's saying. I'm interested to so what they do with Bane.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Surprised there wasn't a thread for this already.

First time I've really seen this take from a Batman fan. I'm really not a big fan but I'll probably see this movie.
    So will I, but plenty of Batman TAS fans feel the same way, I remember Kevin Conroy commenting what a mediocre Batman Bale was in an interview. To be fair though, all the Holywood Batman so far are crap, and the crappy Bat-Suit didn't help either, doesn't look like they improved it in this one. I did like Michael Cain as Alfred though. And to TAS fans, no one matches up to Mark Hamill as The Joker.

I can see why people like the last movie, Nolan's take on it can be considered the best of a bad bunch, especially if they are not too entrenched in Batman lore, not that I'm saying you can't like the movie if you're a hardcore Batman fan.

-EDIT- linky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3zJxF-0N3Y
    Last edited by Heiji1412; 18th-December-2011 at 04:46.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Bale is a pretty bad Batman, but he works great as Bruce Wayne. Honestly, Everything else is so amazingly strong that it barely matters that he uses a funny voice.

Thanks

As a dedicated Batman fan, I look forward to the upcoming movie. While I agree Bale might not have it right with the Batman voice, I won't be deterred that much by it since I'm looking more for Nolan's take and conclusion to the trilogy. I've since given up hoping for the perfect Hollywood portrayal of the Batman I've grown up watching on BTAS or reading in the comics but I know that's not likely to happen since that's asking too much for a movie.

However, the question that intrigues me most is what'll happen after TDKR? I'm not interested that much into seeing another reboot that tells the origin again but perhaps the JL movie would bring new possibilities.

Thanks
    EP Points

So will I, but plenty of Batman TAS fans feel the same way, I remember Kevin Conroy commenting what a mediocre Batman Bale was in an interview. To be fair though, all the Holywood Batman so far are crap, and the crappy Bat-Suit didn't help either, doesn't look like they improved it in this one. I did like Michael Cain as Alfred though. And to TAS fans, no one matches up to Mark Hamill as The Joker.
    -EDIT- linky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3zJxF-0N3Y
    Indeed. I haven't seen any of the movies, but i remember in the B:TAS commentary, that they said for the Joker, they didn't want him too clownish or too psychotic, they wanted a nice mixture of both (and I think they delivered). Granted I haven't seen the movie, but Ledger's Joker seems too psychotic.

Bane is the main badguy this time, or the one they are showing off. I'm use to seeing Bane huge. In two different series, Bane has had some tanks on his back. Granted, in this we really don't see too much of him, but he doesn't look like the Bane I know of. Plus he seems rather small.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey guys, by TAS, you mean the animated series? I had heard a lot of praise for that, so about a year ago, I decided to give it a try. So I watched about 6 episodes, and it was so ridiculously boring that I couldn't stand it anymore. I had watched several direct to video episodes on VCD when I was a kid, and I really enjoyed it back then. So I'm wondering, if it simply has no appeal to older audiences, or maybe the first episodes are not good but it gets better? Or maybe I'm just weird...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Hey guys, by TAS, you mean the animated series? I had heard a lot of praise for that, so about a year ago, I decided to give it a try. So I watched about 6 episodes, and it was so ridiculously boring that I couldn't stand it anymore. I had watched several direct to video episodes on VCD when I was a kid, and I really enjoyed it back then. So I'm wondering, if it simply has no appeal to older audiences, or maybe the first episodes are not good but it gets better? Or maybe I'm just weird...
    Yeah, Batman: The Animated Series:
    http://www.batmantas.com/

It is hailed as one of the best Cartoons of all time. It could be boring by today's standards, but back in the day, nothing like it was on tv, it was like watching a little movie. It was for kids and adults. I bought seasons 1 & 2 and i'm eating that shit up.

I'd suggest to watch these episodes:
    http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...isodes#content

Seasons 1 & 2 are the best. 3 & 4 was when they decided to reboot it, because most of the original
    staff left to do Batman Beyond & Superman.

My favorite episodes are, On Leather Wings & Heart of Ice.

Thanks

Yes, while some of the early BTAS episodes may seem silly like "Christmas with the Joker", however there are some episodes that I felt were excellent like the ending to "Paging the Crime Doctor" or "His Silicon Soul".

Be sure to at least give the Mask of the Phantasm movie a try, as I've felt that's one of the best Batman movies out there (animated or not).