Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Mana

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Legend of Mana

What's your opinion of it? I started playing it again recently for the first time since my childhood and while there's no real main plot (just a ton of side quests), it has a ton of charm and I find it brings back good memories. I love the game a lot but I know some critics didn't. What's your stance? Also what's your opinion on the other Mana games?
    Last edited by SpuzzHardwick; 16th-December-2011 at 09:36.

Thanks

Love it. Was hard to hit the 'magic spot' on the map selection screen at first but when it got chosen, the whole game was basically opened up for the Artifacts. One of the first games I put in over 100 hours.

Played all of them including the original Gameboy version. Don't know about anyone else but I was stuck on that damn Figure 8 Palm Tree Puzzle for months.(This was long before the Internet/Gamefaqs.com). Beating it though gave a sense of accomplishment and yeah it was a sad ending.(Matter of fact quite a few Mana games seem like that) The GBA remake was iffy. While the 'Male's Path' wasn't bad, the 'Female's Path' was a pain because of the MP management. Both versions has one of the best Overworld Songs (1st half the game) ever written.

Post Legend of Mana though. . .Dawn of Mana was. . .a bit of a disappointment. Children wasn't too bad. Heroes of Mana killed the series by turning it into a Final Fantasy Tactics type game. The SNES ones are probably the funnest to play. Secret of Mana was probably the most challenging especially at the beginning and halfway part of the game. I loved the character development paths in Seikien Deuestu 3. Sucks it was never imported though and everyone has to use the fanpatch+emulator.
    Last edited by Graeystone; 16th-December-2011 at 10:57.

Thanks
    EP Points

This game was made of awesome!

But after I mastered 4 different weapons [learned all special attacks], made a 2H sword with 230+ attack power, killed the goddess of mana in one special attack in No Future mode, and completed all quests - that before reaching level 70 - I felt like there was nothing more for me in the game. XD

But seriously, if Squareenix ever goes back and does something as amazing as that game ever again, I'd gladly sell my KIDS to play that thing... If I ever had kids, whatever
    Been lazy to put up a sig since my account got wiped with that last EP crash. Well, here's something.

-3DS- in search for a New 3ds- MY FRIEND CODE
    -PSP- Retired, but still functional
    -PSVITA- Traditional, mostly an accessory :c
    -PS4- Deliciouser
    -PS3- black 2501A 160gb, some version of Rebug
    -PS2- Retired, also functional but ps3 is doing the hard labor
    -PC- Dead, but damn, my new phone and some lame laptops are doing the trick for now
    Who knows when there'll be a new update...?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Good to see all the love for the game!

Thanks
    EP Points

TBH i prefer the 1st in the series (secret of mana) its for SNES but it is a GREAT multilayer game

Computer Specs
    Spoiler warning:
    Processor: AMD FX PileDriver FX-8350 8 Core CPU ~4.0GHz (4.2GHz When Turbe Kicks in )
    Memory: 16GB AMD Entertainment Edition Ram Sticks (4x4096)
    Hard Drives: 180GB OCZ Vertex SSD for OS 1TB For Games 750GB For Data 500GB for Movies and Ubuntu)
    DVD Drive:1 ASUS Blu-Ray Burner and 2 DVD burners
    Video Card: Asus GeForce 660
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A97
    Power Supply: OCZ ModXstream 650 Watt
    Computer Case: Cooler Master Strom Stryker (White)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Do all the Mana games have multiplayer? If so that's pretty unique for its type of RPG isn't it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Isn't SoM the 2nd game in the series? Pretty sure it is. I'm not a big fan of the series though so I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, as for LoM it just got lost in the shuffle when I was big into PS1. I played almost every RPG worth playing on the PS1 with that exception. Easy to get lost in the shuffles with games like Suikoden 1-2, Lunar 1-2, Brigandine, Valkyrie Profile, Persona 1-2, Tales of Destiny 1-2, Tactics Ogre, Castlevania SotN, Thousand Arms, Arc The Lad 1-2, Dragon Quest 7, Star Ocean 2, Threads of Fate, Rhapsody, Vanguard Bandits etc...

Hell some of those games get lost in the shuffle and that's not including JP exclusives which would probably be a longer list so I'll skip it. But yeah, never played it, maybe I should cause I always was considering it back in the day but another game just kept coming up.

Thanks

I love this game =D, I never finished but it haves so much things to do, and you can' never get tired
    The worst foe lies within the self~

Thanks

brilliant game and the perfect timewaster. Only one downside for me was the character sleection. Niether of them really appealed to me. The ones in SD3 are much better.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Isn't SoM the 2nd game in the series? Pretty sure it is. I'm not a big fan of the series though so I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, as for LoM it just got lost in the shuffle when I was big into PS1. I played almost every RPG worth playing on the PS1 with that exception. Easy to get lost in the shuffles with games like Suikoden 1-2, Lunar 1-2, Brigandine, Valkyrie Profile, Persona 1-2, Tales of Destiny 1-2, Tactics Ogre, Castlevania SotN, Thousand Arms, Arc The Lad 1-2, Dragon Quest 7, Star Ocean 2, Threads of Fate, Rhapsody, Vanguard Bandits etc...

Hell some of those games get lost in the shuffle and that's not including JP exclusives which would probably be a longer list so I'll skip it. But yeah, never played it, maybe I should cause I always was considering it back in the day but another game just kept coming up.
    well LoM is a "side Game" in the Series
    and SoM is the Second Yes

Original series
    Final Fantasy Adventure (Sword of Mana) • Secret of Mana • Seiken Densetsu 3 (Jap version of Secret of Mana) • Dawn of Mana
    Other
    Legend of Mana • Children of Mana • Friends of Mana • Heroes of Mana
    Last edited by Crazymooshu; 18th-December-2011 at 23:35.

Computer Specs
    Spoiler warning:
    Processor: AMD FX PileDriver FX-8350 8 Core CPU ~4.0GHz (4.2GHz When Turbe Kicks in )
    Memory: 16GB AMD Entertainment Edition Ram Sticks (4x4096)
    Hard Drives: 180GB OCZ Vertex SSD for OS 1TB For Games 750GB For Data 500GB for Movies and Ubuntu)
    DVD Drive:1 ASUS Blu-Ray Burner and 2 DVD burners
    Video Card: Asus GeForce 660
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A97
    Power Supply: OCZ ModXstream 650 Watt
    Computer Case: Cooler Master Strom Stryker (White)

Thanks
    EP Points

It was fun but I never understood the point of the map creation. I think places far from your house were supposed to be harder, but I never noticed a difference. I recall a pet system, too. I was quite fond of the Rabite ven though he wasn't that strong.

Thanks

I loved that game, i liked it better then the Snes Secret of Mana. While it doesnt have a main story it has some narrative focus. The jumi tribe specificaly almost made me cry when i played the game. It is a classic and it was pretty original, i think it was the closest thing to an open world that jrpgs offered back then.

Thanks

good memories...this is truly a gem

Thanks

Just played Secret of Mana way back on SNES, but it was fun. I wish I had never sold this game, but now I can play it with emulator again. And even after all this years it has the same fun-factor than it had back then for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymooshu View Post
    well LoM is a "side Game" in the Series
    and SoM is the Second Yes

Original series
    Final Fantasy Adventure (Sword of Mana) • Secret of Mana • Seiken Densetsu 3 (Jap version of Secret of Mana) • Dawn of Mana
    Other
    Legend of Mana • Children of Mana • Friends of Mana • Heroes of Mana

Actually that timeline is incorrect. Legend of Mana may be a side game, but Children of Mana, and Heroes of Mana are not. Chronologically (by story, not release date) the series would be placed like this:

Dawn of Mana
    Children of Mana
    Sword of Mana (originally Final Fantasy Adventure)
    Secret of Mana
    Heroes of Mana (takes place Ten Years before Seiken Densetsu 3)
    Seiken Densetsu 3 (unofficially referred to as Secret of Mana 2)
    Legend of Mana

I'm not sure where Friends of Mana is placed to be honest, but it was a Japan only Cellphone game... so I kind of don't care ^^'.