Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fav Retro Game + Memories

Thanks

the old Contra.I played it years ago in 2players mode with my big bro.
    It was so hard,never get past stage 3
    contra.jpg

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kontoculai View Post
    the old Contra.I played it years ago in 2players mode with my big bro.
    It was so hard,never get past stage 3
    contra.jpg
    O Yea i Forgot about this games i used to Play This Game For HOURS and Hours with my DAD i sucked at it when i was young but i have beaten it now. lots of good memories playing this 1 and SUPER C (Contra 2 For NES)

Computer Specs
    Spoiler warning:
    Processor: AMD FX PileDriver FX-8350 8 Core CPU ~4.0GHz (4.2GHz When Turbe Kicks in )
    Memory: 16GB AMD Entertainment Edition Ram Sticks (4x4096)
    Hard Drives: 180GB OCZ Vertex SSD for OS 1TB For Games 750GB For Data 500GB for Movies and Ubuntu)
    DVD Drive:1 ASUS Blu-Ray Burner and 2 DVD burners
    Video Card: Asus GeForce 660
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A97
    Power Supply: OCZ ModXstream 650 Watt
    Computer Case: Cooler Master Strom Stryker (White)

Thanks
    EP Points

I use to like a lot of NES games Zelda, Mario , Ultimate Muscle, Wrestle mania.

Thanks

Final Fantasy VII was the first role-playing game I played (or was it pokemon.. or Wonderboy) but I became obsessed with it. I was having crazy, apocalyptic dreams to do with the series, especially when I was waiting for the sequels.

To pinpoint a memory though.. I remember putting Final Fantasy VII on for the first time and not really knowing what to do, not knowing what the point was etc.. and I left it for a day or so. I forced myself to put it on again (since I'd just bought it) and didn't put the game down all night... my mind was blown at how huge the world was. The scene that stands out is when they leave the city by climbing over the wall and then freely wandering about in the hills... geez.. it was like a trip.

Just had to add that I got a similar feeling from Final Fantasy 6, which I played years later...
    Last edited by GrimmTeather; 24th-December-2011 at 11:29.
    "Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 160 Posts
    EP Points

w/o any doubt my favs would be Shinobi(Megadrive) and Ninja Gaiden (8 bit) series,sometimes I play them again,but going alil more retro i would say Enduro for Atari 2600 and Tron Deadly Discs,Night stalker,and finally Factor Dreadnough all of them for Intellivision.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Thanks

i have actually played so many old games that i cant remeber what i actually started with....but i loved when i played indianajones and the fate of atlantis after that game i started searching for games with that kind of gameplay...then i found Monkey Island 1 ..........first i thought that wow what kind of name is that ...saw the name many times but never bothered with it ...but once i downloaded and started playing it .....that was the time that i enjoyed the most ....even with MI2,and 3 .....4 sucked....but 5 was also good......

Then i remember playing shining force 1 and 2 One of THE BEST games i ever played.....good story line...nice character....nice battle systems...amazingly simple.....

That was the time i went deeper into the realm of games like Shining force ...played many but couldnt find any as good as shining force...........hmph......

Thanks

Retro games, good old times...

My first game was tetris for the old, bulky GB, along with Zelda. I remember playing it every time possible, even after beating the game I played it throug just for the fun it made.
    I could ramble over all games I tried over the years, but I think that are the games, that are my favorite retro games:

1. Tetris XD
    2. The legend of Zelda for GB
    3. Final Fantasy 7 (which was my first contact with playstation ever and startet my deep interest in JRPG, Now playing it now and then when i feel like it)
    4. Zelda for SNES
    5. And Secret of Mana for SNES of course

Thanks
    EP Points

Some more games I have cherised memories from are Contra, Zelda: ALTP, Crash Bandicoot series, Spyro 2, Super Punch-Out. I have quite a bit now that I think about it, but Twisted Metal 2 stood out.

Thanks
    EP Points

Donkey Kong Country 2 was one of the first games i feel in love with because of the greatness it had within, Music, Levels, Difficulty, Characters, Genius!
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmTeather View Post
    Final Fantasy VII was the first role-playing game I played (or was it pokemon.. or Wonderboy) but I became obsessed with it. I was having crazy, apocalyptic dreams to do with the series, especially when I was waiting for the sequels.

To pinpoint a memory though.. I remember putting Final Fantasy VII on for the first time and not really knowing what to do, not knowing what the point was etc.. and I left it for a day or so. I forced myself to put it on again (since I'd just bought it) and didn't put the game down all night... my mind was blown at how huge the world was. The scene that stands out is when they leave the city by climbing over the wall and then freely wandering about in the hills... geez.. it was like a trip.

Just had to add that I got a similar feeling from Final Fantasy 6, which I played years later...
    my feelings were similar my two most vivid memories of 7 were when you first got out of midgar I was like what the hell I thought midgar was the world name and it was an industrial style world I also had the feeling that the game was just playing with me before and now had truly begun.
    and the part where aeris/aerith died was one of those moments where you feel sorry for cloud and the moment where I truly started to get pissed at sephiroth up till then I was just thinking this guys bad ass at that moment I wanted to kill him so bad.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by isitanemail View Post
    Then i remember playing shining force 1 and 2 One of THE BEST games i ever played.....good story line...nice character....nice battle systems...amazingly simple.....

That was the time i went deeper into the realm of games like Shining force ...played many but couldnt find any as good as shining force...........hmph......

OMG I know right?! Nothing will ever be as good...ever
    Over 400+ Gaming Vids @ Doctorwordsworth's
    Need an Avatar? Stop by Planet of Avatars!
    For Video game documentation of any kind head on over to Game Docs 'R' Us!

Thanks
    EP Points

One of the games I have lots of memories with is Hitman. It was a really difficult game and I couldn't do it alone, so me and one of my friends would occasionally get together to discuss strategies to beat the difficult levels. It was lots of fun.

In my childhood, I used to play Doom II a lot, but I don't have any fond memories of it. That's probably because I can't remember much of my childhood.

Thanks

The first game that really got me hooked on gaming was dragon warrior some one gave me a copy when they where done with it.Not having alot of cash way back when I was 12 it was the only game I played for a year straight and it was a game that rewarded determination and lveling up.Also the first half life blew my world up when it came out

Thanks
    EP Points

I have good memories playing Many Games like

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (i have played this game probably a total of 1000 Hours in my life) Super Mario World, Mario Bros. 1 -3 (also Duck Hunt), Contra , Super C(Contra 2), Goof Troop (AMAZING GAME), Mega man X3 (i want to play x1 and 2 on original cart), NHL 96, Star Tropics (i recently Acquired Star Tropics 2), Blades of Steel and the Donkey Kong Country Series

Computer Specs
    Spoiler warning:
    Processor: AMD FX PileDriver FX-8350 8 Core CPU ~4.0GHz (4.2GHz When Turbe Kicks in )
    Memory: 16GB AMD Entertainment Edition Ram Sticks (4x4096)
    Hard Drives: 180GB OCZ Vertex SSD for OS 1TB For Games 750GB For Data 500GB for Movies and Ubuntu)
    DVD Drive:1 ASUS Blu-Ray Burner and 2 DVD burners
    Video Card: Asus GeForce 660
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A97
    Power Supply: OCZ ModXstream 650 Watt
    Computer Case: Cooler Master Strom Stryker (White)

Thanks

Klonoa for Ps1,Soul edge.blade for ps1 and Pandomonium 2 for Ps1.
    We played these games all the time .
    I loved all 3.
    Also,I have memories of kirby's advanture I loved that game!
    That's the games In have memories of,but I played better games later tough,like a link to the past.