Thread: How do you get CPS2 roms from emuparadise to work!?

Zero126 Guest

Angry How do you get CPS2 roms from emuparadise to work!?

Can some one tell me how to get Pocket Fighters and Darkstalkers rom downloaded from emuparadise to be reconized by WinKawaks?

vagrantcharly Guest

Default troublesome roms?

Try to specify your problem...

If the file is corrupt you'll have to download it again or (non preferably ) search another site for it, like:

www.mamefans.net

Unfortunately, I'm getting a lot of damaged files lately (check the download help faq); if this is the case, you'll have to keep trying (or search someone who can trade).

Last resort: Check compatibility, system specs, etc.

Zero126 Guest

The problem is that the roms seem to be missing several files.

Thanks

I think you need XOR files and combine them into your zip files. I forgot the link of the site that you can get the XOR files. Someone has to fill in this.

They are hot, aren't they??

Zero126 Guest

I put the XOR file into the pocket fighter rom zip, but it still seemed like it was missing files, maybe thats just the jap translation, What is the US name for pocket fighter?

vagrantcharly Guest

Default CPS2 ROMs...

Remember there are different versions of the games (Asia, Europe, US).

Maybe you already know this, but usually only one of those versions works.

If there are multiple files with the same name, try downloading the biggest file set (biggest in MB, of course).
    If your DarkStalkers ROM is under 15/16 MB (compressed), its incomplete.

Haven't tried WinKawaks lately, but the DarkStalkers ROM works fine on MAME, I downloaded it from the afore mentioned site.

Sorry if I sound too "newbie friendly" it's just that I get carried away sometimes...

DarkScarab Guest

The file that you downloaded is the translation patch. The WinKawaks load menu lists Super Gem Fighter as the parent file. You can download it from www.emuparadise.org. The file is called Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix and is around 16 MB. Hope this helps.:sunglasse