Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exclusively at GameStop....Xenoblade?!

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Exclusively at GameStop....Xenoblade?!

After this morning's accidental retail reveal of Xenoblade Chronicles coming to North America, Nintendo has made the game's launch official, pinning an "April 2012" release date to the much hyped Wii RPG. Nintendo teased the reveal earlier today with a new gallery of Xenoblade artwork that mysteriously popped up on Facebook, though at the time there was no news attached to said tease.

Despite Nintendo not giving a date to the game, this morning's image indicated an April 3 launch. GameStop's website, however, reflects an April 2 date, post-official announce. We're just gonna go with "early April" for now.

So, after this, now all the Operation Rainfall folks need to do is get those other two Wii RPGs to come out in the US, and we'll be all set! We'll get right back to helping with that just as soon as we get through Skyward Sword and Xenoblade Chronicles. In, like, 120 hours, give or take.

Update: According to the official PR that Nintendo of America just sent out, the game will be sold exclusively through GameStop retail outlets and Nintendo.com's website for $49.99.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/02/xe...-release-date/
    Well, 1 out of 3 Operation Rainfall games is coming over. Although, this is a big fat middle finger for those that pre-ordered it on Amazon.
    Spoiler warning:

I heard about exclusive DLC but exclusive games?! I hope this doesn't catch on. Even more so since people seem to HATE Gamestop.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizard81288 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the news.

Supreme Warrior Guest

April ?

I can already see this being a big fat joke and it being a gaystop exclusive sounds like horseshit, itil be everywhere im sure.

Thanks
    EP Points

Its not that great anyway IMO, i got bored REAL quick

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    Its not that great anyway IMO, i got bored REAL quick
    Stop saying things like that. I wanna try it some day.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Every copy comes already opened with scratches on the disc for that genuine GameStop feeling.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aeolus Aeneas For This Useful Post:

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Every copy comes already opened with scratches on the disc for that genuine GameStop feeling.
    EXACTLY,

Seriously, Retardo better change the way this is distributed, but im kinda betting they are talkin out their ass.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ponury_indor View Post
    Stop saying things like that. I wanna try it some day.
    You might LOVE it dude i personlly didnt.

Thanks
    EP Points

Eh, the game was decent, I might pick up a copy.

Thanks
    EP Points

APRIL FOOLS!!!

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Heard about this earlier, thought about making a thread but was just like meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    April ?

I can already see this being a big fat joke and it being a gaystop exclusive sounds like horseshit, itil be everywhere im sure.
    Orrrrr not since they are the ones in charge of it. There have been quite a few GS exclusive releases over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by aelous
    Damn straight. This reminds me (almost forgot to rage about this)...the copy of FotNS: KR that I picked up had SLUDGE ON THE TOP OF THE DISC. I fired off some laser beams.

Thanks

Wait...people still shop at GameStop?? Wow...thought that vile hole was boycotted YEARS ago, huh...

I suppose if a person is very RURAL, or has no other CHOICE, GS is an option, but otherwise..... ?

This soul-sucking chain-store seems like it might be on its last leg, based on many news stories I have been reading. Apparently, one LARGE legal case involves a GS employee (IE: "Zit Kid" character from The Simpsons') buying a pile of games from a five-year-old boy, and refusing a refund when the child became scared and confused...the boy's father lawyered-up....

Tsk, tsk, tsk GameStop....its bad enough that you have built your 'empire' on the broken backs of kids and the buy-outs of GOOD chain-shops like Electronics Boutique and FuncoLand, but now your low-life hired help are swindling the little ones?? Thats pretty trashy, GS....
    There are about ten of 'em in the city here, and their parking lots sit empty often....I wouldnt shop there if their shit was FREE. Not sure what I enjoy MORE about GS; their automaton employees, the fact that they offer $2 (store credit!!) for a game and flip it for $20, or their over-all "dont LIKE our policy? Go FUCK yourself!" credo.....ughhh..

So....Xenoblade, eh?

Supreme Warrior Guest

well dont worry Grady, im sure nintendo will change its tune and have the game sold at other various places such as Amazon and Ebay.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    well dont worry Grady, im sure nintendo will change its tune and have the game sold at other various places such as Amazon and Ebay.
    For sure. "Exclusives" suck, in general.

Like I said, though; GameStop could announce TOMORROW that they are giving away SEALED copies of SOTN, along with a subscription to 'Naughty Lesbian Digest', and I still aint goin NEAR that place...

Supreme Warrior Guest

well im sure you read it its going to be sold at Nintendos website as well, im sure they want to keep the price jacked up for as long as possible (Super smash bros brawl anyone?)