Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe in Karma?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Every action has a reaction, no matter how small. People have various definitions of karma. If we're talking the "what goes around comes around" kind then yah, that definitely happens often. But not always. I don't believe it's a rule of nature or anything. Just nice to see people who do wrong get their come uppins and those who do right get their rewards. If it doesn't happen we shouldnt blame "God" or "karma" and just say oh well It didn't happen this time. I suppose.

Thanks

Based on personal experience, no. I've done quite a few things in the past that I now regret, but every time karma could have come back and kicked me in the teeth, I either got off scot-free or a lot easier than I should/could have. I can definitely see why some people do, but I don't have a reason to.
    We got so much in common, except when it comes to rhyming
    She feel like lyrics are so intrusive, but I feel about her the way she feels about music
    She's cute, she don't like the words, she just likes the beat and I'm thinking me too

Thanks

same with me here...it seems like no matter what I do to avoid bad lick, it seems to go out of its way to find me!
    all your base are belong to us :Arc:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GameHelpOnline View Post
    I don't believe in it. People are assholes to me all the time and yet nothing bad ever happens to them.

My friends make fun of me for having an ugly girlfriend, and it seems like somethings punishing me by giving him a smoking hot cheerleader girlfriend. Idk what happened, but no matter what people do to me. They're always getting the better end of a deal. And I'm always getting the ass end of it.
    well your letting others decide your girl is ugly, shouldn't it be you who decides?

Thanks
    EP Points

Each person does lots of good things and bad things in his life. Conversely, lots of good things and bad things happen to each person. This is common sense.

Now you can look at this in two different angles:
    1-Good things happen to people who do good stuff, and bad things happen to people who do bad stuff. (Karma)
    2-Good things happen to people who do bad stuff, and bad things happen to people who do good stuff. (GameHelpOnline's view)

Both of this views are wrong, because you're not paying attention to the bigger picture.

Thanks

Karma isn't all bad stuff. You reap what you sow. It's all action and reaction = I go outside in bare feet, I might step on glass as I live near a main road. Had I worn shoes, my feet wouldn't be cut by the glass.. maybe.

Karma is mixed up with revenge way too much, I reckon.
    "Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

Thanks

Yes but the Universe isn't always watching or listening....if you have karma if gives you more credibility during a statment and you are more reputable....karma is like upvotes/uptokes etc; it's always better to have more than the otha guise

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Come on guys, thread is over, Roethlisberger proves it wrong.
    Only if the Steelers win a SB with him at QB.

I think there's an overall tendency for what you do to others to be done in return to you (both bad and good) but that's not always how it goes (life's not that fair)

And of course, we always notice how thoroughly unfair it is when someone does good but suffers for it or when someone does bad and is rewarded. And that colors are perceptions considerably.

Thanks
    EP Points

I believe do good and good things will happen. But I do see a lot of bad people have good things happen to them too, so who knows?

Thanks

nah...

Thanks

I very much do believe in Karma of some form. What goes around does always seem to come right back one way or the other, lol.

Thanks

Only to an extent to most common people. However, there's some examples of people like corrupt politicians and child molesters and rapists, where I wonder why karma hasn't come their way in a justifying way. Seems more often than not some people are more prone to experiencing karma than others.

Thanks

O think its all about belief, do good things and it will come back, they are trying to push this philosophy so more believe it and maybe it MAY manifest......imo it is a niave statement that tries to simplify the world which cannot be condensed to the word KARMA....there is an exception to each rule and I highly doubt every good act comes back to you in equal strength, I think the more accurate statement would be every action has an equal an opposite reaction, but it doesn't necessarily refer to an act, maybe more of an affect/effect or something, more like this....instead of drinking a glass of scotch and getting a new one for nothing but the law of KARMA it really is, drink a full glass of scotch and acquire an empty and dirty scotch glass

Thanks

Yes. Yes I do.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nope.
    Doesn't fit my time is measurement / distance theory.
    The chemical reactions we call Life always lean towards disorder...Karma would be like going back in time.

I simply believe in a beginning and an end and the every increasing entropic nature of the environment we live in.