Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe in Karma?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Do You Believe in Karma?

My personal take on karma/luck is that whatever kinds of choices you make will come back to you; not so much because of any cosmic arbitration, as much as how those decisions shape you as an individual.

If I keep screwing people over and taking the easy way out of things, that will make me a weaker person, and the more frequently I choose to behave that way, the higher likelihood there is that it will backfire. But that's not fate, that is just my own values beginning to atrophy into disrepair until even minor difficulties are too much to handle.

Same thing with luck: If I always assume that I'm lucky, chances are I will make a foolish mistake and pay dearly for it. But that doesn't mean my luck ran out; it never existed in the first place. Just because I didn't get killed the first dozen times I did something idiotic doesn't mean I'm invulnerable, and the more false confidence I feed myself, the greater the chance that I will run into tragedy.

This is a horrible thing to say, but if you really want to see someone crash and burn, make them feel invincible. Encourage them to do whatever stupid crap they won't shut up about. Stop dissuading them; let them learn the hard way. Most people won't listen to negative advice anyway; I never did. I had to make my own mistakes and nobody was going to stop me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Watching much "My Name Is Earl" lol

Thanks

You better believe I do. Not sure if its 'karma' or who knows what, but I find, in this life, "what comes around, goes around" is very true.

I have personally had negative acts, violence, deceit, vulgarness, etc. come back on me tenfold at points in my life....

Linky, just Googled the 'Earl' show. Thats the guy that was in all those Jay and Bob movies. The guy playing Earl's friend could be a body-double for my nephew, lol.

Thanks

Nah I don't believe in invisible forces that make me drop my ice cream because I was mean to someone...and you always can get away with stuff if you'r savvy.

Let your cosmo burn bright!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't believe in it. People are assholes to me all the time and yet nothing bad ever happens to them.

My friends make fun of me for having an ugly girlfriend, and it seems like somethings punishing me by giving him a smoking hot cheerleader girlfriend. Idk what happened, but no matter what people do to me. They're always getting the better end of a deal. And I'm always getting the ass end of it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GameHelpOnline View Post
    I don't believe in it. People are assholes to me all the time and yet nothing bad ever happens to them.

My friends make fun of me for having an ugly girlfriend, and it seems like somethings punishing me by giving him a smoking hot cheerleader girlfriend. Idk what happened, but no matter what people do to me. They're always getting the better end of a deal. And I'm always getting the ass end of it.
    I never believed in Karma too. I mean all I've seen and experience is the complete opposite of what people did. (Meaning, they did good and got crap in return, and viceversa).

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No. One reason too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Karma is like Santa; a cheap threat to make you behave yourself or some unseen force won't give you something nice. Only, you know, karma doesn't involve breaking and entering. And can't be bought off with some cookies.

Thanks

Does believing that your actions have consequences count? I mean not in a metaphysical kind of way.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Halteclere View Post
    Does believing that your actions have consequences count? I mean not in a metaphysical kind of way.
    I think so. Every choice you make either makes you a stronger person or a weaker one. It adds up and I've been in some pretty bad situations before because I kept fucking up. I don't think it was fate, I just wanted to keep getting high or drunk while letting everything important slide. I don't mean to come off as preaching; this is just how I've tried to break down how "karma" can be considered a substantial and real force in your life based on how choices affect a person's overall constitution over time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Doesn't really matter to me, I do good stuff, and I still get attacked by the Talon company.

In reality however, I try to be good, not because of karma or whatever, but I feel that if I'm good, there is less chance of it coming back on me. A poor example (probably) being I bump into someone in the street, I could apologise to him, or tell him to fuck off. A week later I find that he is the man interviewing me for a new job.

Thanks

I believe that Karma happens, but sometimes you can barely notice it and think that nothing bad has ever happened to you or someone else when you did something wrong when, in reality, it has

Thanks

Can't say I did something bad and karma happened. That is, I can't exactly remember a time. I'm practically neutral for everything.

If I had to believe in karma.. then yes because I hope people who do absolutely awful things would get something negative in return.

Can't say I try to be good all the time either haha.

Thanks

Social reputation is actually heavily factored into research of evolutionary psychology. People who didn't for the most part play by what was best for the group were often outcast, and left to fend for themselves is the general prevailing theme. In a group of animals that survives, and thrives, on the community, this obviously left such individuals at a great survival disadvantage.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Come on guys, thread is over, Roethlisberger proves it wrong.