Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: United States Censorship Bills SOPA PIPA ACTA

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    Yeah see i was thinking that but dont mean its hosted there. HMMM the mystery continues
    I'll ask MasJ.

I'm sure he knows.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Not sure if I'm allowed to give that kind of info, not that it's any secret.. but I can say it's not the US.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Beast View Post
    Not sure if I'm allowed to give that kind of info, not that it's any secret.. but I can say it's not the US.
    Shhhhh!!

Well, CB, now that you have partially let the cat out of the bag anyhow, I may as well fess-up: EmuParadise is, in fact, being run from a small laptop in the basement of this very building.
    They work steadfast, down there, and only require that I leave a platter of various cookies and a case of beer at the top of the stairs each morning...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I can second this.

Just spoke to MasJ a few minutes ago on FB.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

YOU FOOL! THE WORLD AROUND ME IS GOING WHITE AND OBJECTS ARE REVERTING TO DRAWINGS! YOU REVEALED THE SECRET OF REALITY, YOU KILL US ALL YOU MONS

Thanks

This bill would kill the US

what teh fuck are they thinking?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    This bill would kill the US

what teh fuck are they thinking?
    Well, I'm thinking that policy makers loooooove money, and private firms have a lot of money.

Thanks

Probably not gonna pass, but here's praying anyway.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Should we play a game of "Guess The Location"?

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

The MOON (that would be awesome)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That wouldn't be surprising. It's a total anarchy out there!

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

You can't stop piracy, there's just no way. And this bill isn't going to do anything but make pirates have to enter the IP address of a website instead of the normal URL. All it's going to do is harm non-piracy oriented sites. Youtube, Facebook, and other similar sites will be blocked because of the way this bill is worded. The saddest part is the people voting on it more or less said they don't know jack about how this will effect the internet. I doubt the bill will pass, but the fact that it was proposed in the first place is depressing.

Instead of trying to censor the internet, companies like the RIAA and MPAA need to give people a better reason to want to buy movies and music. I understand that piracy does hurt industries, but when we're being force-fed shitty products 90% of the time it shouldn't come as a surprise that sales are down. I'm not going to spend $20 on a CD or DVD/Blu-Ray unless I'm absolutely sure it's worth it.
    We got so much in common, except when it comes to rhyming
    She feel like lyrics are so intrusive, but I feel about her the way she feels about music
    She's cute, she don't like the words, she just likes the beat and I'm thinking me too

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Qwelzaar View Post
    Instead of trying to censor the internet, companies like the RIAA and MPAA need to give people a better reason to want to buy movies and music. I understand that piracy does hurt industries, but when we're being force-fed shitty products 90% of the time it shouldn't come as a surprise that sales are down. I'm not going to spend $20 on a CD or DVD/Blu-Ray unless I'm absolutely sure it's worth it.
    THIS.

And, a word from the man himself, to underline your point:

It's funny how the music industry is enraged about the Internet and the way things are copied without being paid for. But you know why people steal the music? Because they can't afford the music.

--Tom Petty
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Meh. An informal study I read recently in Scientific American was done by the articles author. He wrote a computer tech manual and simultaneously with the sales release he put the book out as a free PDF. What he found was that the book sold much better than expected and a large number of consumers said that they had read the PDF and decided to buy the book. Point being, put out a good product and people will pay for, even if they have pirated it to make sure that it is worthwhile.

Either that, or they are broke and will enjoy the pirated copy and wish the creators well.

Also, why wasn't this a big deal before CDs came along? Mixtapes were everywhere and nobody ever cried about that.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Also, why wasn't this a big deal before CDs came along? Mixtapes were everywhere and nobody ever cried about that.
    Actually, it was in Britain at least: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Ta..._Killing_Music

I don't know about other countries though.
    We got so much in common, except when it comes to rhyming
    She feel like lyrics are so intrusive, but I feel about her the way she feels about music
    She's cute, she don't like the words, she just likes the beat and I'm thinking me too