Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    BAN ALL PERSONAL COMPUTERS

BAN ALL TECHNOLOGIES

WAIT... WAIT...

BAN ALL OF MANKIND FROM PLANET EARTH
    Ban everything, all day, everyday.

I feel like it will eventually come to that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Ban everything, all day, everyday.

I feel like it will eventually come to that.
    all hail big brother!

remember kids...big brother is watching!

oh what a grand world we live in

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Just like last year, this sort of crap brings me back to EP.

So, hey! It's not all bad!

But seriously, this is...I don't even know what to say.

Sadly, it seems my congressman is in favor of this bill.

I don't know what to think of my country anymore. We're slowly, gradually becoming a fascist state:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...?newsfeed=true

From the article:
    Human rights groups accused the president of deserting his principles and disregarding the long-established principle that the military is not used in domestic policing. The legislation has also been strongly criticised by libertarians on the right angered at the stripping of individual rights for the duration of "a war that appears to have no end".

"There are laws on the books now that characterise who might be a terrorist: someone missing fingers on their hands is a suspect according to the department of justice. Someone who has guns, someone who has ammunition that is weatherproofed, someone who has more than seven days of food in their house can be considered a potential terrorist," Paul said. "If you are suspected because of these activities, do you want the government to have the ability to send you to Guantánamo Bay for indefinite detention?"

Under the legislation suspects can be held without trial "until the end of hostilities". They will have the right to appear once a year before a committee that will decide if the detention will continue.

Elements of the law are so legally confusing, as well as being constitutionally questionable, that any detentions are almost certain to be challenged all the way to the supreme court.

Tom Malinowski of Human Rights Watch: "It's something so radical that it would have been considered crazy had it been pushed by the Bush administration." "It establishes precisely the kind of system that the United States has consistently urged other countries not to adopt. At a time when the United States is urging Egypt, for example, to scrap its emergency law and military courts, this is not consistent."

"Vague language" was deliberately included in the bill in order to get it passed. "The very lack of clarity is itself a problem. If people are confused about what it means, if people disagree about what it means, that in and of itself makes it bad law," he said.

Sen. Rand Paul (Ron's son) : "We're talking about American citizens who can be taken from the United States and sent to a camp at Guantánamo Bay and held indefinitely. It puts every single citizen American at risk," he said. "Really, what security does this indefinite detention of Americans give us? The first and flawed premise, both here and in the badly named Patriot Act, is that our pre-9/11 police powers were insufficient to stop terrorism. This is simply not borne out by the facts."

Sen. Dianne Feinstein: "Congress is essentially authorizing the indefinite imprisonment of American citizens, without charge," she said. "We are not a nation that locks up its citizens without charge."

So, for those of you who think there's no way SOPA will get passed...well, they already passed this steaming pile of goatshit. So, who knows what they'll do next.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    Just like last year, this sort of crap brings me back to EP.

So, hey! It's not all bad!

But seriously, this is...I don't even know what to say.

Sadly, it seems my congressman is in favor of this bill.

I don't know what to think of my country anymore. We're slowly, gradually becoming a fascist state:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...?newsfeed=true
    So, for those of you who think there's no way SOPA will get passed...well, they already passed this steaming pile of goatshit. So, who knows what they'll do next.
    Yeah I heard about this on TV. Pretty gay. I also haven't seen you post here in a long time

Thanks
    EP Points

2 words for those who support this trash and maybe that stupid stuff segnin linked above: Self-Annhilation

thats all i currently see as our inevitable future and its looking more and more likely with this crap (idiots are running our nation >.< )

Supreme Warrior Guest

only 2 kinds of people supporting this shit,
    ones with a hidden agenda or
    Fucking idiots.

Thanks

only 2 kinds of people supporting this shit,
    ones with a hidden agenda or
    Fucking idiots.
    Well put, made people should join all there computers together to create a super computer to fight Internet censoring if this gets passed.....

I also personally think that if this get through all sort of new programs and tools are going to start flying out the wood work to get around this censoring. right now theres probably a table full of fat greasy git's itching for this to get through

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blog View Post
    Well put, made people should join all there computers together to create a super computer to fight Internet censoring if this gets passed.....

I also personally think that if this get through all sort of new programs and tools are going to start flying out the wood work to get around this censoring. right now theres probably a table full of fat greasy git's itching for this to get through
    yup and you cant believe a FUCKING word out of obamas mouth, says he will turn it down if it comes to his Desk at the oval office, bullshit.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blog View Post
    Those "programs and tools" will be illegal to have/use/distribute/even talk about in the U.S. if SOPA is passed as it's currently written. And I don't see any chance of that provision being removed from the bill. (Same provision was included in the DMCA after all).

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    yup and you cant believe a FUCKING word out of obamas mouth, says he will turn it down if it comes to his Desk at the oval office, bullshit.
    Even if Obama vetos it, if 2/3 of the House and 2/3 of the Senate support it, THEY WILL OVERRIDE HIS VETO. And as you pointed out, who knows what Obama's going to do. Hopefully, he'll listen to what the originators (basically inventors) of the Internet keep saying--NONE OF THEM ARE IN FAVOR OF THIS PROPOSED LAW.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default SOPA Emergency IP list

i copied and pasted this from another board-

The Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), also known as H.R. 3261, is a bill that was introduced in the United States House of Representatives on October 26, 2011, by Representative Lamar Smith (R-TX) and a bipartisan group of 12 initial co-sponsors. The bill expands the ability of U.S. law enforcement and copyright holders to fight online trafficking in copyrighted intellectual property and counterfeit goods. Now before the House Judiciary Committee, it builds on the similar PRO-IP Act of 2008 and the corresponding Senate bill, the PROTECT IP Act.

The originally proposed bill would allow the U.S. Department of Justice, as well as copyright holders, to seek court orders against websites accused of enabling or facilitating copyright infringement. Depending on who requests the court orders, the actions could include barring online advertising networks and payment facilitators such as PayPal from doing business with the allegedly infringing website, barring search engines from linking to such sites, and requiring Internet service providers to block access to such sites.

The bill would make unauthorized streaming of copyrighted content a crime, with a maximum penalty of five years in prison for 10 pieces of music or movies within six months. The bill also gives immunity to Internet services that voluntarily take action against websites dedicated to infringement, while making liable for damages any copyright holder who knowingly misrepresents that a website is dedicated to infringement.

Proponents of the bill say it protects the intellectual property market and corresponding industry, jobs and revenue, and is necessary to bolster enforcement of copyright laws especially against foreign websites. They cite examples such as the DOJ's $500 million settlement with Google for its role in a scheme to target U.S. consumers with ads to buy illegal prescription drugs from Canadian pharmacies.

Opponents say that it infringes on First Amendment rights, is Internet censorship, will cripple the Internet, and will threaten whistle-blowing and other free speech.

The House Judiciary Committee held hearings on SOPA on November 16 and December 15, 2011. The Committee is scheduled to continue debate when Congress returns from its winter recess.

SOPA Emergency IP list:

If these a$$hat$ in D.C. decide to ruin the Internet, here's how to access your favorite sites in the event of a DNS takedown:

tumblr.com 174.121.194.34
    wikipedia.org 208.80.152.201

# News
    bbc.co.uk 212.58.241.131
    aljazeera.com 198.78.201.252

# Social media
    reddit.com 72.247.244.88
    imgur.com 173.231.140.219
    google.com 74.125.157.99
    youtube.com 74.125.65.91
    yahoo.com 98.137.149.56
    hotmail.com 65.55.72.135
    bing.com 65.55.175.254
    digg.com 64.191.203.30
    theonion.com 97.107.137.164
    hush.com 65.39.178.43
    gamespot.com 216.239.113.172
    ign.com 69.10.25.46
    cracked.com 98.124.248.77
    sidereel.com 144.198.29.112
    github.com 207.97.227.239

# Torrent sites
    mininova.com 80.94.76.5
    btjunkie.com 93.158.65.211
    demonoid.com 62.149.24.66
    demonoid.me 62.149.24.67

# Social networking
    facebook.com 69.171.224.11
    twitter.com 199.59.149.230
    tumblr.com 174.121.194.34
    livejournal.com 209.200.154.225
    dreamwidth.org 69.174.244.50

# Live Streaming Content
    stickam.com 67.201.54.151
    blogtv.com 84.22.170.149
    justin.tv 199.9.249.21
    chatroulette.com 184.173.141.231
    omegle.com 97.107.132.144
    own3d.tv 208.94.146.80
    megavideo.com 174.140.154.32

# Television
    gorillavid.com 178.17.165.74
    videoweed.com 91.220.176.248
    novamov.com 91.220.176.248
    tvlinks.com 208.223.219.206
    1channel.com 208.87.33.151

# Shopping
    amazon.com 72.21.211.176
    newegg.com 216.52.208.187
    frys.com 209.31.22.39

# File Sharing
    mediafire.com 205.196.120.13
    megaupload.com 174.140.154.20
    fileshare.com 208.87.33.151
    multiupload.com 95.211.149.7
    uploading.com 195.191.207.40
    hotfile.com 199.7.177.218
    gamespy.com 69.10.25.46
    what.cd 67.21.232.223
    putlocker.com 89.238.130.247
    uploaded.to 95.211.143.200
    dropbox.com 199.47.217.179
    pastebin.com 69.65.13.216

Here’s a tip for the do-it-yourself crowd: Go to your computer’s Start menu, and either go to “run” or just search for “cmd.” Open it up, and type in “ping [website address],”

Once you have the IP for a website, all you really need to do is enter it like you would a normal URL and hit enter/press go. Typing in “208.85.240.231” should bring you to the front page of AO3, for example, just as typing “174.121.194.34/dashboard” should bring you straight to your Tumblr dashboard. Since we’re obviously bracing for the worst case scenario which would involve you not being able to access the Internet regularly, you should save this list.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wouldn't that have been better here?:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-participation

Also, I did this in school to get around the blocker that blocked youtube. Thank the nerds for that. Everybody was watching youtube videos again, and the computer teachers would get mad and say, "Ok guys, time to turn off your monitors now!"

Thanks
    EP Points

The inventors of the internet should permaban congress IRL, lol.

Hopefully with the election season kicking off, maybe they'll put it on the back burner. Not that it matters since Obama is going to win this time too.
    Who wants to vote for that Mormon Mitt or Santorum

Republicans don't really have a strong front runner. The only way to win, would be to point out how bad Obama is, which he isn't too bad. Better than GWB.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    The inventors of the internet should permaban congress IRL, lol.

Hopefully with the election season kicking off, maybe they'll put it on the back burner. Not that it matters since Obama is going to win this time too.
    Who wants to vote for that Mormon Mitt or Santorum

Republicans don't really have a strong front runner. The only way to win, would be to point out how bad Obama is, which he isn't too bad. Better than GWB.
    Obama IS that bad, he is the newer,blacker Bush.

If you think he is keeping his promises think again, he has lied about every, single , one.

dont forget spending millions to hide his information, and the forgery he Threw out a few years later, All these career politicians are all the same Lizard, the only one who can help this country is Ron Paul.