Thread: Nintendo DS Wi-Fi - does anybody use it?

Thanks

Default Nintendo DS Wi-Fi - does anybody use it?

I finally got Wi-Fi working for my DS (found a cheap dongle on ebay). It seems like there isn't much to it and the games that show a lot of possibility aren't bothered with. Does anybody on here use it? Mario Kart DS seems to be the only consistent game.
    Dragon Quest IX looks like it'd be good (for a while anyway). Still, the whole thing is a bit of a letdown. There aren't many games (or games at all?) that let you communicate over wi-fi.

Anyone else have info to add?
    "Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

Thanks
    EP Points

The final fantasy Crystal chronicle games for ds and wii are awesome. My bro lives 100 miles away and we play together him on his ds and me on my WII (yes cross platform game) thats really the only experiance i have with ds wifi apart from the girlfriends DSi, she does some shit on that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    The final fantasy Crystal chronicle games for ds and wii are awesome. My bro lives 100 miles away and we play together him on his ds and me on my WII (yes cross platform game) thats really the only experiance i have with ds wifi apart from the girlfriends DSi, she does some shit on that.
    FF Crystal Chronicles - Echoes of Time? Is that a turn-based RPG? the same sort of thing as a regular FF game, yeah?

Thanks
    EP Points

No its more action based NO turnbased battles or random encounters its pretty good man give it a go and we could even play together.

Thanks

I'm up for that. Do I have to play through it a bit first or can I jump straight the Wi-Fi part of the game?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmTeather View Post
    I'm up for that. Do I have to play through it a bit first or can I jump straight the Wi-Fi part of the game?
    Straight in story together man

Thanks

i play jump ultimate stars. thare are some pretty good people out there. otherwise for a while i played diddy kong racing for ds and I eventually stopped since I was tieing boost cheaters

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asasas318 View Post
    i play jump ultimate stars. thare are some pretty good people out there. otherwise for a while i played diddy kong racing for ds and I eventually stopped since I was tieing boost cheaters
    That's a fighting/beat 'em up, right? I'm bad at that sort of game.

Thanks

sadly i have found no use for the wi-fi just seems pointless anyway a kinda cheap tack on to top the other consoles at release

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I still have that official Nintendo Adaptor, when I first bought the fat DS. It never worked, we ended up buying a Wireless router.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

I have some little internet device for the DS Lites...its in those pictures over at the 'Hang Out'.

Seems to be a pain in the ass to operate...sluggish, as well.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GradyWilson View Post
    I have some little internet device for the DS Lites...its in those pictures over at the 'Hang Out'.

Seems to be a pain in the ass to operate...sluggish, as well.
    I imagine! I mean I tried it and it didn't work at all. Bet it doesn't even work now.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

I used to use the Wi-Fi all the time, until i sold my DS 2 weeks ago so this info is still valid:

Every call of duty from world at war up until the new mw3 still has a healthy community, even clans you can join for private matchs online.

Spectrobes Beyond the portal: nope, not a single person.

Mario Kart: oh yeah tons of people.

Diddy Kong Racing: not as much as mario Kart but still plenty.

Warioware D.I.Y is doing great even now with new games still up every week.

Dragon Quest IX: My favorite ds game and yes i do believe you can still get the dlc.

Rune Factory 3: Still a decent amount of people, there are none on RF2 tho.

Animal Crossing Wild World: Provided you can get someones friend code, people still play all the time and post their codes online

Sega Superstars Racing: Not 110% sure theres still lots of people but theirs a decent amount.

Final Fantasy 3: Nope nobody.

JUMP Ultimate stars: Provided you can get this game, people still play it all the time, but i don't its not my cup of tea.

Every single tony hawk game: Nope, no online cuz activision are cheapskates.

N+:Amazing game, but server is always offline.

And im pretty sure the only game that lets you talk over the Ds's built in MIC is Metroid prime Hunters which is like halo for the ds haha, but the Wi-Fi is awful on it with so many hackers its unplayable

oh and be wary of Black ops for the ds, they may have put out a patch but i had troubles with spawn camping alot.

Hopefully this helps, these are the games i'd always play and no doubt plenty of other ds games still use wi-fi just be sure to check that they still can use the feature before you get the game.

-Jake
    Last edited by Jakethegreat12; 19th-November-2011 at 16:37. Reason: Changed from massive text block
    Persona is so beast...