Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The All-Encompassing Skyrim Thread! (Here there be dragons)

Thanks

yanazake, have you tried disabling mouse acceleration in SkyrimPrefs.ini in the game's folder? This is the line you need to look for,

bMouseAcceleration=0

And did you try disabling the XBOX controller option? I have heard this fixes some things, this was one of the first things I disabled. It's in the in-game options.

And I wouldn't forcing V-Sync off in this game, I believe there is a reason they didn't offer an easy in-game option to do so like in previous games, V-Sync is somehow essential to how the game works, I did try playing with it off, and just like a lot of people, I experienced even more odd mouse axis problems (X and Y sensitivities keeps on switching) and the very odd problem with the physics engine, V-Sync off somehow messes with the collision detection in this game, I keep hearing rattling noises inside houses with V-Sync off, so leave it on.

Yeah, Bethesda has a lot of PC optimisation left to do, if they can be bothered.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Heiji1412 View Post
    yanazake, have you tried disabling mouse acceleration in SkyrimPrefs.ini in the game's folder? This is the line you need to look for,

bMouseAcceleration=0

And did you try disabling the XBOX controller option? I have heard this fixes some things, this was one of the first things I disabled. It's in the in-game options.

And I wouldn't forcing V-Sync off in this game, I believe there is a reason they didn't offer an easy in-game option to do so like in previous games, V-Sync is somehow essential to how the game works, I did try playing with it off, and just like a lot of people, I experienced even more odd mouse axis problems (X and Y sensitivities keeps on switching) and the very odd problem with the physics engine, V-Sync off somehow messes with the collision detection in this game, I keep hearing rattling noises inside houses with V-Sync off, so leave it on.

Yeah, Bethesda has a lot of PC optimisation left to do, if they can be bothered.
    I'll check that too. Wonder if playing with a controller would work (ps3 controller worked fine on another game)
    ... Man, somehow I'm not feeling well with the current games i'm getting. It's probably thanks to that ps3 still on ofw that I got... dumb me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d0ct0rfill View Post
    Anybody have the Prima Official guide? Looking for a decent scan of it, because it's so hard to get in NZ. I've put a request on midnightscene, but still no takers.
    Just picked up a copy of it. It's a beast! It would be a bitch to scan.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That video clearly proves that pot does in fact KILL.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

He does a little dance.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

So, bugs aside, is the game actually good? I'm considering grabbing this on payday instead of waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jmcd View Post
    So, bugs aside, is the game actually good? I'm considering grabbing this on payday instead of waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition.
    I'm enjoying it, as far as the bugs go, I haven't encountered any. I never played Oblivion, so I don't know how much of an improvement Skyrim is compared to it, but I find myself pouring hours into this game.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Don't hesitate. Bugs are occasional and humorous to slightly annoying, but in no way tarnish the monumental spectacle of grandeur that is this game. GET IT!!! It has the lifespan of about 3 games in one. So much content!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    I'm enjoying it, as far as the bugs go, I haven't encountered any. I never played Oblivion, so I don't know how much of an improvement Skyrim is compared to it, but I find myself pouring hours into this game.
    If you are pouring hours into it, that's gotta be a good sign then, might well pick it up next week then. What platform you playing it on? From what I've read here and elsewhere the PC version seems neglected.
    You should go play Morrowind and Oblivion sometime, especially on PC, the modding community is awesome for them.

Edit: @Spuzz
    I can handle the bugs, I mean I bought Fallout 3 as soon as it came out, funny watching a deathclaw float into space repeatedly.

It's bigger than Oblivion?
    Last edited by jmcd; 16th-November-2011 at 21:13.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you are pouring hours into it, that's gotta be a good sign then, might well pick it up next week then. What platform you playing it on? From what I've read here and elsewhere the PC version seems neglected.
    You should go play Morrowind and Oblivion sometime, especially on PC, the modding community is awesome for them.

Edit: @Spuzz
    I can handle the bugs, I mean I bought Fallout 3 as soon as it came out, funny watching a deathclaw float into space repeatedly.

It's bigger than Oblivion?
    Oh, I played Morrowind, still one of my favorite RPGs to date despite not aging to well. Anyways, I'm playing it on the 360 due to my lack of owning an actual PC. That being said, I would have picked it up for the PC if I could have, regardless if it feels neglected or not. Eventually the mod community will sort that out.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Oh, I played Morrowind, still one of my favorite RPGs to date despite not aging to well. Anyways, I'm playing it on the 360 due to my lack of owning an actual PC. That being said, I would have picked it up for the PC if I could have, regardless if it feels neglected or not. Eventually the mod community will sort that out.
    I sure hope so.

Thanks Gents, I shall be grabbing this on payday, best check the requirements first.

Edit: Specs are lower than I was expecting. <3

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yup. Bigger than Oblivion. Both in map size and quest content.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SpuzzHardwick View Post
    Yup. Bigger than Oblivion. Both in map size and quest content.
    No more games after that 'til Christmas then.