Thread: Best Plug-In for Project 64

Hybrid View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Best Plug-In for Project 64

Just wondering what are the Best for Project 64.

I have a Intel HD Graphic Cards - If that Helps

Would love to get as much of the Games working

Thanks

Well for graphics I recomend Glide 64 (don't let what it says it's called fool you). It has a load of options especially in texture filtering to make your games look better then ever. If you have a hard time with it you can try the officially compiled version here (it's just slightly older, only slightly).

If in the end you still can't get it running, try using these (second download link). They're semi-official bug fix release of the standard plugins, better then default. The graphics plugin for this might be better, because normally you can't force Anti-Aliasing or Vsync with Intel cards (from what I've seen) and sadly that's what you'd need to do for Glide 64, with the standard plugin AA and Vsync options are built in (with standard texture filtering which to some might look better anyways).

For audio, either the LLE built in plugin or the HLE (faster) plugin Azimer's HLE audio. In contrast to Glide 64 however, it only has 3 options to configure, and for the most part you shouldn't need to touch them.

For input there is nothing better then the N-Rage input plugin. It pretty much works with any controller, as well as supports controller extensions such as a Rumble Pak, a Mem Pak, or (sadly not and) a Transfer Pak (yes, it's pak, not pack). If you're using an Xbox controller, it even supports Xinput.

If you're willing to try out a (only slightly illegal) beta version try Project64 1.7.0 50b23 (hosted here on Emuparadise). It should have a bunch of prepackaged plugins, but Glide 64 and the N-Rage plugins are both outdated (the audio plugin is old as dirt and is the latest). It's the one I use, also if you do use it no need to download that semi-official bug fix release I was talking about, because this is better (or worse, it's a beta for results may vary depending on the game).

That's all I can think about adding on here, enjoy the wonderful world of N64 retro gaming (now in HD, maybe).
    Last edited by Searyan; 30th-October-2011 at 10:47.

Thanks
    EP Points

^^^

Tried Glide64 and this Happend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV3N6htgUo4

Will Try the Updated Jabso Plugins

Like NRage but with the Latest version 2.2 Can't put in my N64 Controllers Buttons in :-(

Other Problems I have had are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUhIWjUvXTg

Thanks for Help and There is a Few Problems I have had which would help you guys to get me the Best ones for my Computer I use

Thanks

1. You used a really old version of Glide 64, use one of the ones I linked

2. Sadly, Glide 64 has always had problems with Pokemon Stadium but in new released (in the SVN category) they've really done a lot of improvements, so it's worth trying.

3. Rice Video...honestly, I never got it to work very well personally, Jabo or Glide 64 is better.

4. Is the controller not being recognized? On an other tab you may need to select which controller you want to use. Also make sure you have the controller plugged in before you start the emulator.

Ultimately, the last thing I can think of is an SVN Glide 64 (if you didn't find this link in my lost, here it is http://code.google.com/p/glidehqplus...downloads/list ) if that doesn't work then sorry. Unfortunately, emulation isn't perfect. If you really want, you can try an other emulator. here are some examples but 1964 is probably the best choice behind Project 64. Here is where you can find the latest SVN build if you're interested. Hope anything I said helps, but sadly I have to go because it's almost 8 in the morning and I haven't slept and I need to wake up a 1. So later.

Thanks
    EP Points

^^^

Okay I updated to the Latest SVN Glide 64 and Pokemon Stadium works better but still bit to go.

Then I tried WWE No Mercy and Nothing Happend as it did Not Load up :-( What Happend there? Also Perfectr D

How would I configure it the Best?

Yes I know emulation can never be 100% Spot On but I like it close as Possible. Though I do own my own N64

Perfect Dark Loaded Up with Music but no Video?

Edit - Changed the Full Screen to the Right One and then it Worked. Best I have seen it

Got No Video for Glide64 as I show in these Video's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JvFMVFy1do

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSFPlyrBmeY

What is Wrong Here?
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 30th-October-2011 at 13:32. Reason: Treble post. Please use the edit button