Thread: About 360 brew???

Thanks

Default About 360 brew???

Hello guys, now im a complete noob when it comes to anything to do with XBOX 360 stuff, but i bought an "XBOX 360 Elite" system about 2 years ago and i wan to ask a small question!

IS is an absolute must to JTAG an XBOX360 in order to play homebrew or is there an exploit that can be loaded for un-modded consoles ( exploits like those we have seen on Wii and PSP ).

Homebrew is all im interested in!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You must hack via the DVD drive

P.S. the exploit is like that on the Wii and or PSP, so not sure what you are saying it's still a software mod much like the Wii is and PSP is and PS2 is

It is more complex I guess and does require the machine to be opened, but at the basics it's very much the same in that it's a software mod rather than a mod chip

I don't know if you can bypass the need for using a spear/other type of firmware grabbing device yet but thats the part that makes it not doable by myself & yourself by the sounds of it (not so much that I couldn't do it, more that I don't want to buy the equipment needed, when I could pay another to do it for about the same as it costs for the kit)

There is a usb to hdd device aswell that lets you run code for an external usb hdd, not sure it could run homebrew though, not read up enough on it, but that also costs a bit

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Flashing the drive only lets you read burned games, no homebrew.

JTAG: http://free60.org/Main_Page
    Reset glitch: http://libxenon.org/index.php?topic=145.0

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I read that you have to pay some developer's license to play homebrew. It was also kinda pricey. :/

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

JTAG is the only way to play homebrew currently. To JTAG a 360 it has to be on dash update 7371 or below.

As for the reset glitch, it can only run Xell currently, meaning it's only good for snagging your CPU/DVD keys. Until someone releases a hacked kernel (freeboot) it can't run homebrew made with the SDK ie. emulators, freestyle dash, XEXmenu, etc...

Thanks

Ok guys, thanks for your replys, i probs should just stick to Wii/PSP Homebrew, but ill look into getting a JTAG Xbox, i might mess up if i try to hard-mod it myself.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Wii can be easy to screw up aswell so make sure you take your time and read up as much as possible before hand

The PSP... if it's a 1k or 2k model get yourself a battery tool (to change mode to service mode and normal mode) or get a service tool battery (pandora battery) 3rd option is to hard mod a battery, even if you did mess things up the service mode/pandora lets you restore the PSP

The PSP 3K and go I honestly don't know enough about but imagine there is more risk on these, but then again I'm sure we can guide you through that... just not me

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR