Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: America is #1....in Child Abuse...

Thanks

Not good stuff America.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'll just leave this here.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

When people discuss the term "abused children", is it only abuse by adults? And is it only physical abuse that gets counted or also mental abuse?
    Children can be abused by other children too. Bullying being a prime example.

This is what I miss in that article.
    Give me what I want or face destruction........IN JAPANESE!

Thanks

I personally believe that America doesnt have too many morals like they used to, and people just now decide to do whatever they want without thinking

Selfishness has become a reality here

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    When people discuss the term "abused children", is it only abuse by adults? And is it only physical abuse that gets counted or also mental abuse?
    Children can be abused by other children too. Bullying being a prime example.

This is what I miss in that article.
    I agree with this

it would be odd to not consider bullying as a type of child abuse =/

Thanks
    EP Points

And I'll leave this here.

Child abuse is not named as such simply because a child is involved. As it is defined, "child abuse" implies that there is harm being caused by the child's caregiver. Whilst bullying is a form of abuse, it is another matter entirely.
    Last edited by Milady; 23rd-October-2011 at 16:09.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    I personally believe that America doesnt have too many morals like they used to
    Word. So many morals went out the window once institutional racism against minorities went out, domestic abuse started being followed up on, and physical discipline of children started being frowned upon.

Thanks

So many morals went out the window once institutional racism against minorities went out, domestic abuse started being followed up on, and physical discipline of children started being frowned upon.
    I hope you your being sarcastic ....otherwise you should try getting your head out of the gutter man .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa01 View Post
    I hope you your being sarcastic ....otherwise you should try getting your head out of the gutter man .
    Not at all.

I completely believe that child abuse only got to be a problem once we started classifying beating our children for misbehaving as child abuse.

We never had this problem in the 70's.

Thanks

So many morals went out the window once institutional racism against minorities went out
    I was refering only to this part of your post .Saying that morals went down the drain once the ethnic majority stopped bashing the ethnic minority is quite a strech and makes me worry about your mental health.

As for beating your children mmm... I think the word "beating" makes it sound like the parent kicks the bloody s**t out of the kid, I rather refer to it as physical discipline and I'm in no way against that. I myself was spanked whenever I misbehaved and I'm in no way psychologically hurt, or hold a grudge against my parents.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I was refering only to this part of your post .Saying that morals went down the drain once the ethnic majority stopped bashing the ethnic minority is quite a strech and makes me worry about your mental health.

As for beating your children mmm... I think the word "beating" makes it sound like the parent kicks the bloody s**t out of the kid, I rather refer to it as physical discipline and I'm in no way against that. I myself was spanked whenever I misbehaved and I'm in no way psychologically hurt, or hold a grudge against my parents.
    If you were wanting a legitimate source on this:
    There has been a 331% increase in the US rate of child abuse and neglect reports from 1976 to 1996.
    http://www.internationalcap.org/abuse_faq.html

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Louie the Magician View Post
    If you were wanting a legitimate source on this:
    There has been a 331% increase in the US rate of child abuse and neglect reports from 1976 to 1996.
    http://www.internationalcap.org/abuse_faq.html
    Now, neglect you can't really exaggerate. Abuse can be, however, probably some over-sensitive people reported the parents while spanking the child.
    What is worse though abuse or neglect? I think both are at the same level. Both disgusting.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert3rd View Post
    Now, neglect you can't really exaggerate. Abuse can be, however, probably some over-sensitive people reported the parents while spanking the child.
    What is worse though abuse or neglect? I think both are at the same level. Both disgusting.
    Probably.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

There are other reasons why the percentage may have increased. For example, health care providers are required by law to report any suspected child abuse to the appropriate authorities for investigation. I don't know when that was mandated, but I'd be willing to guess it was probably after 1976. And as speculated above, people are definitely tending to err on the side of caution, as that source goes on to say that about a third of those reports are considered substantiated.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Word. So many morals went out the window once institutional racism against minorities went out, domestic abuse started being followed up on, and physical discipline of children started being frowned upon.
    They should be mining my gold. LEGALLY. I AM WHITE I DEMAND EVERYTHING.

Also, does getting spanked for knocking shit down in public count as child abuse? Cause I'm just dandy with that. I want parents to do that, spanking is a great punishment in extreme cases. I worked just fine on me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Hey, we need licenses for other animals, so why not children?

Besides, I'm all for somebody telling the majority of people they can't breed and being able to enforce it.
    Because unfortunately abortion is too much of an issue here in the US. if a person accidently gets pregnant under this law they'd have to get it aborted.

And some people do kick the s**t out of their kids as punishment. its a horrible unmoral country i believe
    Last edited by negles; 26th-October-2011 at 02:58.
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire