Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X Remake/Remaster

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Heer View Post
    The reason many people hate FF7 is because some FF7 fans insist that "FF7 is the best gaem evar!" and that "All other games (especially Final Fantasy games that aren't 7) suck!". In retaliation many people turn their hate of the fanboys against FF7 instead of the fans. As for whether the game is good or not, it is basd on gameplay, not graphics, but many FF7 fans use the graphics to justify their preference and judgement.

But never have I heard someone say they hated FF7 because of it's graphics. In fact I know many of it's haters are loyal to past Final Fantasy games such as six and 4. Many other FF7 haters like 8 and 9 which have around the same graphical qualities.

I don't hate FF7, but I don't love it either. It is a decent game but when it came out, it focused more on graphics and that is where the flaw comes in. Something that focuses more on graphics will eventually become underpowered graphically and when that happens it rapidly ages. Games that focus on great gameplay age much better and tend to look just as good as day one. Examples include Mario and Zelda games. Don't take that to mean that great games lack great graphics or that great graphics detract in any way from a game. But the focus away from the core of the game and towards the aesthetics of it does eventually detract from it. It creates a time bomb for that game.
    This thread is not about why people love or hate FF VII, we don't want more threads like that... let's stay on topic.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    This thread is not about why people love or hate FF VII, we don't want more threads like that... let's stay on topic.
    dark aeon cookie monster appeard! anways final fantasy x was the second ps2 game i ever played and i thought it looked horrible on the ps3, ffvii not so much in graphics changes so why remake what works? ffx looked horrible on the ps3 if anyone remembers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    dark aeon cookie monster appeard! anways final fantasy x was the second ps2 game i ever played and i thought it looked horrible on the ps3, ffvii not so much in graphics changes so why remake what works? ffx looked horrible on the ps3 if anyone remembers.
    FFX was on PS3?

Thanks

I can't believe they're making this. I've been completely out of the loop with PS3 games. I sort of wish I hadn't just spent 100 hours playing it on PCSX2!!! Can I justify playing it again when it's only been a week since I finished it!?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by sibanez View Post
    I can't believe they're making this. I've been completely out of the loop with PS3 games. I sort of wish I hadn't just spent 100 hours playing it on PCSX2!!! Can I justify playing it again when it's only been a week since I finished it!?
    Re-playing one of the greatest games (IMO) made by Square-Enix only a week after beating it?

HELL YES YOU CAN.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wyrm For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mami Tomoe View Post
    Re-playing one of the greatest games (IMO) made by Square-Enix only a week after beating it?

HELL YES YOU CAN.
    Thaaaat's the just the answer I was looking for! It reminded me recently how good the storyline is. I love Sin as an antagonist. I have the PAL version for my PS2 but was playing the NTSC on PCSX2 without realising the Dark Aeons weren't in the game. There was much upset. I decided to start replaying the PAL version just after finishing but was pretty much told NO by the girlfriend. This is totally the excuse I need!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by sibanez View Post
    Thaaaat's the just the answer I was looking for! It reminded me recently how good the storyline is. I love Sin as an antagonist. I have the PAL version for my PS2 but was playing the NTSC on PCSX2 without realising the Dark Aeons weren't in the game. There was much upset. I decided to start replaying the PAL version just after finishing but was pretty much told NO by the girlfriend. This is totally the excuse I need!
    Having a lack of PS2 or a PC capable of PS2 emulation (unless you enjoy playing FFX at 15 fps ) it's been about 4 years since I played it.
    I would literally have a fan-boy break down if this DOES get released on PS3/Vita.

I'll actually have a reason to get one.

Thanks

I'll actually have a reason to get one.
    I know what you mean. It really is a sad state of affairs when the only things drawing you to a console are remakes/ports of Final Fantasy games

Thanks

Just like to let you guys know that for me there are 2 categories of FF fanboys. FF7 and FF6 fanboys.

why?

This is because no other game in history (Except maybe.... UGH i hate to say this, but WoW) has a fan base that is SO CRAZED over the game in question. Yes there are FF4 fanboys, and they are pretty crazed over their fav. game too, however it doesn't compare to the sheer amount of crazed fanboys there are for FF7 and FF6

I personally am a FF7 SUPER fanboy. I love every other FF game though, except 12 and 13. 12 was average and 13 could have been a great game..... if it wasn't a Final Fantasy. People who played games seriously when FF6 or FF7 came out feel the strong connection with those games for a reason. This is because they ooze with quality. To the guy who said that FF7 was focused on graphics, please stop playing games now as you have nor will you ever understand what games are about. And to the guy who thinks the FF7 story was trash, same goes for you.

FF4 and FF6 were masterpieces as well, don't get me wrong. I for some reason didn't play FF6 when it came out, but years later when my friend lent me the cartridge, I fell in love. FF8 and FF9 were near-masterpieces also. FF8 was very engaging, I just couldn't get into it as much as FF7. FF9 was a bit better for me than FF8.

In order for me to truly get into a game, I have to feel like the developers were actually passionate gamers. For games like..... well everything after PS2 came out, it felt like all the gamer-developers had vanished into thin air, and we were left with guys who were like "oh, people will get hooked on the game if we implement this" rather than "Oh man, this is fucking awesome, I'm sure if we love it this much the fans will as well!". Honestly, look at all the GREAT RPG's for PSX. Too many to name. After PSX era, games went to crap. There were still great games, but look at the unrelenting volume of awesomeness that was pumped out before hand. After PSX, it seemed like we waited for that one game a year that was gunna be really awesome. There was like smash bros for GC.... FF10, and I can't really think of too many others on the spot.

I'm sorry for ranting, and for potentially pissing some people off, but I get very nostalgic when there is a topic like FF10 being remade and theres tons of FF6 and 7 posts. I really, truly miss the old days of gaming. Where have the enthralling masterpieces gone? Where's the ocarina of times, breath of fire 1-2-3's, xeno gears, parasite eve's, FF4-6-7-8-9-10, Legacy of kain's, Mario 64's, Legend of mana's, earthbounds, chrono trigger's, saga frontier's, valkyrie profiles, illusion of gaia's, double dragon's, rock'n'roll racings, Zelda 1-2-3-4 anyways you get it.

Of course we do have some GREAT games like demon/dark souls where you can really feel the developers passion. Anyways I'm out, hope they do remake FF10, that would be great. I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE a FF7 remake... but I would probably complain about it hahaha.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hey, hey, HEY; I'm an FFT fanboy! For all its flaws, I think it to be the greatest Final Fantasy game, and even well after 13 years I still find myself playing the night away. As such I DEMAND to be placed as a third category, because FFT is the most superior game ever!

... Except for Homeworld. That's the most perfect thing crafted by humanity and it will survive even after we're all dead and Sol explodes, because it'll gain a mind of its own, build a ship and sail the stars, telling its story to all!

Thanks

Lol ok, another category just for you. Actually FF10 was a really awesome game. I didn't like it as much when I first played it though. Now I really appreciate it

Thanks
    EP Points

FFX was on PS3?
    remember the backwards compatible ps3?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Trolik View Post
    Just like to let you guys know that for me there are 2 categories of FF fanboys. FF7 and FF6 fanboys.

why?

This is because no other game in history (Except maybe.... UGH i hate to say this, but WoW) has a fan base that is SO CRAZED over the game in question. Yes there are FF4 fanboys, and they are pretty crazed over their fav. game too, however it doesn't compare to the sheer amount of crazed fanboys there are for FF7 and FF6

I personally am a FF7 SUPER fanboy. I love every other FF game though, except 12 and 13. 12 was average and 13 could have been a great game..... if it wasn't a Final Fantasy. People who played games seriously when FF6 or FF7 came out feel the strong connection with those games for a reason. This is because they ooze with quality. To the guy who said that FF7 was focused on graphics, please stop playing games now as you have nor will you ever understand what games are about. And to the guy who thinks the FF7 story was trash, same goes for you.

FF4 and FF6 were masterpieces as well, don't get me wrong. I for some reason didn't play FF6 when it came out, but years later when my friend lent me the cartridge, I fell in love. FF8 and FF9 were near-masterpieces also. FF8 was very engaging, I just couldn't get into it as much as FF7. FF9 was a bit better for me than FF8.

In order for me to truly get into a game, I have to feel like the developers were actually passionate gamers. For games like..... well everything after PS2 came out, it felt like all the gamer-developers had vanished into thin air, and we were left with guys who were like "oh, people will get hooked on the game if we implement this" rather than "Oh man, this is fucking awesome, I'm sure if we love it this much the fans will as well!". Honestly, look at all the GREAT RPG's for PSX. Too many to name. After PSX era, games went to crap. There were still great games, but look at the unrelenting volume of awesomeness that was pumped out before hand. After PSX, it seemed like we waited for that one game a year that was gunna be really awesome. There was like smash bros for GC.... FF10, and I can't really think of too many others on the spot.

I'm sorry for ranting, and for potentially pissing some people off, but I get very nostalgic when there is a topic like FF10 being remade and theres tons of FF6 and 7 posts. I really, truly miss the old days of gaming. Where have the enthralling masterpieces gone? Where's the ocarina of times, breath of fire 1-2-3's, xeno gears, parasite eve's, FF4-6-7-8-9-10, Legacy of kain's, Mario 64's, Legend of mana's, earthbounds, chrono trigger's, saga frontier's, valkyrie profiles, illusion of gaia's, double dragon's, rock'n'roll racings, Zelda 1-2-3-4 anyways you get it.

Of course we do have some GREAT games like demon/dark souls where you can really feel the developers passion. Anyways I'm out, hope they do remake FF10, that would be great. I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE a FF7 remake... but I would probably complain about it hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Hey, hey, HEY; I'm an FFT fanboy! For all its flaws, I think it to be the greatest Final Fantasy game, and even well after 13 years I still find myself playing the night away. As such I DEMAND to be placed as a third category, because FFT is the most superior game ever!

... Except for Homeworld. That's the most perfect thing crafted by humanity and it will survive even after we're all dead and Sol explodes, because it'll gain a mind of its own, build a ship and sail the stars, telling its story to all!
    Agreed, FFT is the shnizzle.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Trolik View Post
    To the guy who said that FF7 was focused on graphics, please stop playing games now as you have nor will you ever understand what games are about. And to the guy who thinks the FF7 story was trash, same goes for you.
    But it did. The main push during VII's development was to "catch up and surpass" the graphical norm of the time. Reviews all praised the graphics. Hell the ad campaigns always showed off those great CG effects (state of the art at the time). That plot everyone likes? Neglected heavily so that they can work in more graphics and animation.

Are you seriously trying to say the PS2 wasn't the high point of gaming in the last 2 decades? Hell it even had the best RPGs. Just because you aren't looking for them doesn't mean they aren't there.

Also, the PSX was much the same way. One cookie to anyone who can name a game released within a year of the PSX launch that anyone gives a shit about nowadays.

Where have the enthralling masterpieces gone?

Where's the ocarina of times, breath of fire 1-2-3's, xeno gears, parasite eve's, FF4-6-7-8-9-10, Legacy of kain's, Mario 64's, Legend of mana's, earthbounds, chrono trigger's, saga frontier's, valkyrie profiles, illusion of gaia's, double dragon's, rock'n'roll racings, Zelda 1-2-3-4 anyways you get it.
    You expect 15 years worth of good games every year?

Eh, fine, I'll bite.

Ocarina of time, Legend of Mana, Later LoK games, adventure games go here - Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Okami, Darksiders, Nier, Batman: Arkham, Onimusha, God of War...

Also, not quite sure what you're referring to with LoK. Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance were both fine. Hell I consider SR2's ending to be one of the series high points. In any case, Blood Omen meet Vampire: The Masquerade.

BoF 1-3, FF whatever: Dragon Quarter (easily superior to 3). FFXII (oh look, the only FF that wasn't focused on state of the art graphics. Note how it's almost universally disliked). The latter Dragon Quest games. Grandia II/III, the 80 different .hacks, Shadow Hearts series, Dozens of SMTs. There's no shortage of good RPGs out there.

Xenogears: I greatly prefered Xenosaga, Xenoblade has been getting massive loving.

Parasite Eve: The first was an action game/RPG hybrid, the second was an action focused survival horror style game. I'm gonna let this one sink in.

Mario 64: The defence cites "they're still making them" and presents an alternative response of "This man probably doesn't know Jak".

Earthbound- Two words: Mother III. Well technically a word and a number, but you get the jist.

Chrono Trigger: We're calling it Radiant Historia nowadays.

Valkyrie Profile: There were 2 released recently. Both were great with 2 having a significant lead.

Illusion of Gaia: Dark Cloud 2.

Double Dragon: Devil May Cry, Godhand, whichever beat 'em up is popular on XBLA/PSNS this week.

Rock n' Roll Racing: Should I cite Burnout 3/Revenge as being superior racing games with 'splosions, or Twisted Metal Black as being the same concept, done demolition derby style, and coated in enough grimdark to make the average comic book fan retch?

tl;dr your argument is invalid. F-. Please try again.

Yes, it took a lot of passion for From to copy+paste Demon's Souls, poorly implement a guild system that does nothing, shove in the shittiest netcode known to man despite making multiplayer more necessary (in theory), eliminate the servers, drown the whole thing in framerate issues and bugs (several of which can ruin your character/game), make it so that you can't go 3 feet without hitting an exploit of some kind, and then not care enough to fix any of this. Why, if all developers showed this much passion just think about where gaming would be today!
    Last edited by Raype; 17th-October-2011 at 16:57.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Raype For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    remember the backwards compatible ps3?
    There's a big difference in a game being for the PS3 and playing the PS2 version on a PS3, tard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    *Supah-snip*
    have I ever told you that I love you?