Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Video games that were a huge Letdown

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have to say that Portal 2 was a bit of a disappointment, I probably expected it to be longer and not so much emphasis on the online.
    Same goes for Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, which I already talked about.
    Gears Of War, because it was monotonous, the gameplay was a bit boring, I felt apathic throughout the whole game.
    Now, for Retro disappointment, I'd go for Fear Effect. I played it and I raged. The controls are unresponsive, the whole game-set is a bit confusing. I always heard good stuff about this game, and then my dreams got shattered.

There are a lot more games, that I've been disappointed with and that's only what I remember for now.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by resident evil2 nemesis View Post
    i would saw the two saw games i mean they are not bad but they could have worked harder on it but thats just my opinion
    I Actually Own the first Saw game (Did you know Tap in that is done by the same guy who did louis in L4D and Amanda is done by the same woman who did Zoey in L4D) What I Hated about that game was combat was slow and sluggish

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigan Aensland View Post
    I Actually Own the first Saw game (Did you know Tap in that is done by the same guy who did louis in L4D and Amanda is done by the same woman who did Zoey in L4D) What I Hated about that game was combat was slow and sluggish
    oh really wow i didnt know that but the combat is slow and sluggish i havent played it but i saw a walkthrough on youtube but some things are a little bit slow on gameplay other than that the first saw game is good the 2nd one does suffer from some sluggishness (honestly idk if the suffering games did better i think its kind of slow in that game even though its both a mix of 1st and 3rd person shooter) the traps in the 2nd game can be a little cryptic but not much if the combat was a little bit more fast pace it would have been better i wonder if there will be a third.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Koudelka: A game that somewhat brought innovation in the RPG realm, but the majority of the game audience didn't even give it a chance. Sacnoth's first project was a bomb.

Battle Arena Toshinden: Once praised as one of the good sword fighting games in the 32 bit era, but too bad the idiotic game review magazine swallowed that up and insulted the game as a joke.

My wai-fu, among many other wai-fu, and they are my current favorite. What? Too nerdy? Well, I think it is.
    The Four Eyed Squire LP channel.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grungie View Post
    Idk have you played any other games in the series? There's quite a bit of copypasta in most of their games.
    I've beaten 1-6, plus the remakes of 1-3 for the Super Famicom. Which is why I said that the series likes to take elements from past games. It's just that DW9 honestly felt like it was all taken from past games and brought nothing new to the table for me to enjoy. Especially the ability to dress my characters as multiple characters from past games; I'd rather just play DQ4 than dress up one of my characters as Mara.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

MMORPG. Every. Single. One.

Just try getting past level 20 in WoW without wondering why you're playing it.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Wow, i didn't know it was possible to not like Jet Set Radio. im shocked. but i gotta agree with bioshock 2 really being disappointing.
    Persona is so beast...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigan Aensland View Post
    Minecraft I Just dont get the hype on this one, its 3D lego of sorts sure because they saw Terraria and there lil rpg-ish stuff (also i dont get that game too lol) and semi ripped it off although Terraria did that with building but thats all a whole nother debate, its got a little more than dig this place that "oh look i made a 50 foot tall golden penis!" I Dont mind or care about the graphics but to me the gameplay makes me want to kill myself. still if you get it great me I just dont lol
    But....Minecraft came out first....

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

Having to play the entire game with the stylus did not appeal to me at all. Couldn't get into it.
    I too didn't like the touchscreen controls. And PH was also a bit on the easy side so much that it didn't feel so much a game that was for Everybody as much as Little Kids. Everybody is what E is supposed to mean and without any real challenge other than some bad instructions at the end with drawing the hourglass. The game said to draw a figure 8 but that won't register. what it should have said was draw a z then complete the circuit. And I also have tremors so some sections took a few tries to get drawings to register. From what I played of Spirit tracks it is looking to be a bit improved apart from the touchscreen controls. Also glad OOT3D didn't use that control scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by ZENX49 View Post
    I'm surprised no one's said this one yet, but... Fable. Lionhead Studio's pivotal title; promised years before the release that it was everything a gamer could ask for and then some. Promised it would be completely customizable, with a seemingly endless gamut of experiences both in and out of battle to enjoy too. Of course, we all know how that went. A fairly linear RPG with low end graphics for its own time and not even a fraction of the customizations promised.

But that's not to say Fable was a bad game. I personally loved that game and still go back and beat my way through it once again every so blue moon when I feel like I want to reminisce. I er... I wish I could say just as well for Fable's sequel titles however...

Whereas they became much more customizable, they depreciated in the story. The radical changes to the game mechanics every title really didn't help either, and as always, were again, another let down out from the mouth of Peter Molyneux. Still though, greatness isn't achieved through perfection.
    I heard that peter frequently made promises they wouldn't keep. Also me and my sister have had a blast playing Fable 2. My sister drunk a lot of alcohol and started blacksmithing. Her barfing on the job was hilarious.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks

Final Fantasy XIII.
    Living life without doing what you want, now that's just a recipe for misery

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    But....Minecraft came out first....
    I've bought Terraria first and then Minecraft. I didn't see much of those 2 games and I wasn't disappointed with Terraria. I mean it's a mix between Minecraft and Castlevania. Then tried Minecraft and played it for a bit, I enjoyed it, but I'm still pining for Terraria's new patch.

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert3rd View Post
    I've bought Terraria first and then Minecraft. I didn't see much of those 2 games and I wasn't disappointed with Terraria. I mean it's a mix between Minecraft and Castlevania. Then tried Minecraft and played it for a bit, I enjoyed it, but I'm still pining for Terraria's new patch.
    I think Ray's comment was more to the part of your post that said "it's like Minecraft saw Terraria and decided to make it 3D."

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by IPITYTHEFOOLZ View Post
    Final Fantasy XIII.
    GOOD GOD. I would have said this myself but I must have repressed the memories of it.

As for Minecraft I finally checked it out a couple of months ago. I deleted within 5 minutes.

Also I really liked Fable 2, mind you however it was the first game I played when I finally got a current gen system a year ago, so my initial jaw dropping may not have been the same if I had already been playing on the 360 for a couple of years beforehand.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I think Ray's comment was more to the part of your post that said "it's like Minecraft saw Terraria and decided to make it 3D."
    To be honest Terraria did copy from Minecraft, but made it 2D and more combat based. Which I like, actually.

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    all tactics games, basicly if i want to gain levels i have to fight the same freaking way each time on a certain level which gives me junk experiance. for jrpg's, the last remnant could have been better (they used to powerful of an engine in that game which caused it to lagg badly at some points), infinite undiscovery (it was smooth but played like ffx12 without the gambit system and you need sterio or surround to fully enjoy it) and those are all i can think of right now.
    +1

I originally bought an XBOX360 over a PS3 on the strength of the fact that there was a stream of Square Enix JRPGs being released for it and was so disappointed with them. I gave up on TLR but ended up coming back to it with the PC version and found it to be a huge improvement. Inifinite Undiscovery was a huge let down though - as was Star Ocean The Last Hope.

Final Fantasy XIII too. The flagship FF series had always been a series that I could almost rely on to be amazing. It was never a question of will it be good or not.