Thread: tomb raider won't run on epsxe 1.7.0

Thanks
    EP Points

Default tomb raider won't run on epsxe 1.7.0

I have a cpu 2.8 ghz dual core on windows 7 home premium. i cant get any version of tome raider 1 to work and i've tried different windowed sizes, fullscreen, running iso, and running cd-rom after mounting in daemon tools lite. i used the cd image from the ecm file for the greatest hits version and i used the largest file (#1 is what it is labeled) in the other versions. does anyone have any insight to this? my video config is as follows:

Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
    Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
    Author: Pete Bernert
    Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    GFX card: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
    - 800x600 Window mode
    - Internal X resolution: 1
    - Internal Y resolution: 1
    - Keep psx aspect ratio: on
    - No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 4
    - Hi-Res textures: 0
    - TexWin pixel shader: on
    - VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limitation: on
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 1
    - Framebuffer effects: 2
    - Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off
    - Mdec filter: on
    - Screen filtering: on
    - Shader effects: 0/1
    - Flicker-fix border size: 0
    - GF4/XP crash fix: off
    - Game fixes: on [00000003]

thanks in advance and have a nice day!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deathneko11 View Post
    I have a cpu 2.8 ghz dual core on windows 7 home premium. i cant get any version of tome raider 1 to work and i've tried different windowed sizes, fullscreen, running iso, and running cd-rom after mounting in daemon tools lite. i used the cd image from the ecm file for the greatest hits version and i used the largest file (#1 is what it is labeled) in the other versions. does anyone have any insight to this? my video config is as follows: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 Author: Pete Bernert Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation GFX card: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW! Resolution/Color: - 800x600 Window mode - Internal X resolution: 1 - Internal Y resolution: 1 - Keep psx aspect ratio: on - No render-to-texture: off - Filtering: 4 - Hi-Res textures: 0 - TexWin pixel shader: on - VRam size: 0 MBytes Framerate: - FPS limitation: on - Frame skipping: off - FPS limit: Auto Compatibility: - Offscreen drawing: 1 - Framebuffer effects: 2 - Framebuffer uploads: 1 Misc: - Scanlines: off - Mdec filter: on - Screen filtering: on - Shader effects: 0/1 - Flicker-fix border size: 0 - GF4/XP crash fix: off - Game fixes: on [00000003] thanks in advance and have a nice day!!!
    if your using mounting tools then you should always mount the .CUE file if it has one if not i can give you a link to it, also have you configured ePSXe to load from the correct CD drive? do you get any kind of errors or does it just show a black screen?
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

the file i used in the version with the ape files was from these steps; extract here from original download, extract from 7z sheet, unecm the ecm file, and then I put the whole folder in monkeys audio and all the ape files (which were listed from track 2-57) were converted to wave files. what i ended up with was track 1 being the bin file and tracks 2-57 wave files. I mounted the bin file as the only mountable file in the whole list and got through the intro but it stays on a black screen when I try to start a game or go to lara's home. I even went through the guide that was recommended by zorlon in a similar post to this one step by step and it still wouldnt work.
    Last edited by deathneko11; 14th-October-2011 at 18:50.

Thanks
    EP Points

would you kindly link me to the version you used please? i will test it myself and create a step by step guide for you if i get it working
    *Computer Specs*

Thanks
    EP Points

i've tried all three versions with the ape files on here. the english version i tried was here: http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays..._%28E%29/52443

I also tried tomb raider Greatest Hits and the files it gave me were initially a 7z that i extracted, getting an ecm file. i then unecem'd that file and got a ccd image which i tried running iso, and also tried using daemon tools lite to run it from cdrom. the same thing happened with this version as with the E version. the link for this version is here: http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays..._%5BU%5D/37717

thank you very much for anything you can do to help. i think that my video settings are not the issue because I have played many games and understand the basics of tweaking them for different games, but I could be wrong.

Thanks
    EP Points

EDIT: i think the image itself my be corrupted im going to scan it quickly and check bare with me
    Last edited by Bennieboi20; 14th-October-2011 at 20:58.
    *Computer Specs*

Thanks
    EP Points

lol niiiiiiiiiice.............i thought it wasnt just me. btw i also tried using monkey audio to created a cd image and mounted it via daemon tools. it didnt work either.

Thanks
    EP Points

well i cant seem to get this to work my apologies, hopefully a mod may come along and help you out, im gonna keep at this for now but i dont know if i can get it to work sorry
    *Computer Specs*

Thanks
    EP Points

it's all good. at least hopefully it will come to their attention now and if it's a broken file then it can be fixed right?

Thanks
    EP Points

I love Tombraider, when I got a chance to play this on epsxe I was excited but I have also encountered your problem.
    Apparently when I googled this problem, there seem to be no solution. I have virtually tried all the various dumps on the internet sources
    For your info, the problem is not on the cd images. by accident I found that it is due to the cd driver.
    You have to set to the moody cd driver and graphics driver preferred to OpenGL, and then load your iso or bin file as normal
    and low and behold, tombraider
    Thats it. Have fun

PS: Well, you may ask why I took so long to ask. I am now having the same problems (the dark screen) with the android version of epsxe. so while searching for answers, I noticed your problem. Well better late and never.
    Last edited by pspjohn; 12th-April-2013 at 11:06.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do not revive old threads create a new thread but if you feel the information from another thread will be helpful just link it in your new thread

On that note closed
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-April-2013 at 13:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR