Thread: My PS3 journey

Thanks

Default My PS3 journey

Yeah... Couldn't come up with a better title.

6 months ago, I bought a used PlayStation 3 120GB at GameStop. 3 months later, it stops taking discs, so I take it back to GameStop and they replace it with another one. But the fun has only started... I started downloading all my PSN games and whatnot as soon as I got the new system home, but about 1,5 hours into it, the PS3 suddenly turned off. No light, no indicators, just off. I unplugged it, plugged the power cord back in, and it worked... for another 10 minutes before doing the same thing. I looked around the web, but found no solutions, and the people at GameStop had no replacement for it, although the one I talked to there knew what the problem was. So I just let it sit on my bookshelf until today, when I randomly thought of trying to play a PS3 game. It worked, and it still does.

What the hell?!

I have been playing a few hours now, and the console has been powered on about 5 hours now, and it works great. What the hell happened? Anyways, I'm happy, I can play Disgaea again

For now...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The current generation of systems seem to be too advanced for their own good. and the wii u update people are complaining about today is a bunch of bull shit too.
    STOP THE MADDENESS, STOP BUYING SPORTS GAMES!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by williamjones View Post
    The current generation of systems seem to be too advanced for their own good. and the wii u update people are complaining about today is a bunch of bull shit too.
    I agree with this.

OP, that really sucks. I had a PS3 get YLOD on me once it even killed my HDD which was really terrible.

Hope the console continues to work for you but I would still get it replaced if you could. Just in case!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DylanD View Post
    I agree with this.

OP, that really sucks. I had a PS3 get YLOD on me once it even killed my HDD which was really terrible.

Hope the console continues to work for you but I would still get it replaced if you could. Just in case!
    I'm gonna replace this console as soon as I can afford it, don't wanna take any chances. However, I left it on for the whole night, and even played a few hours when I woke up, and it still runs great, so I hope it works this well until I can replace it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DylanD View Post
    I agree with this.

o.O PS3 has the equivilant of xbxox360's red ring of death? the RROD hit my old white 360 and now i'm stuck with the giant flash drive that was released with the kinect (theres so little space that installing a game would take more space than it has). least i still have my original xbox... just don't play it much if ever.

Thanks

Oddly, my Xbox 360 has always worked perfect, I have an old 60GB since 4 years back, still works. But apart from this little event with my PS3, I'm generally very lucky when it comes to electronics

Thanks
    EP Points

This happens to me a lot. The problem must've been something you didn't pay attention to back then.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries

4 year is like a person who lived to be 60 during the Roman Empire days or before that, for that systems life expectancy. If I get a windows 8 Ill just use that to play 360 games, hopefully playing those wont kill it in 2 years. I really hate how fragile these consoles have been this generation. If I get a ps3 no way am I buying a used one. The used ps3 my moms roommates have wont save my games after a week and its had weird issues when I was using the browser.

Im getting to be like an old man and just wishing for the simple days again when a console was just a game console and maybe like with the PS2 could play movies and cds at most. DLC or playing against players around the world is ok, but I think them trying to be desktop computers is their downfall. Theyre overloading what the machines can do with all these updates for games and people going online and other stuff. I hope in 10 years people can still be able to play all these games that need updates to play, even the more obscure ones.

Good luck with the 360, Im not a PS fanboy like I was with the first 2 consoles. They both have have 90% of the games I want.

/thread stealing rant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by williamjones View Post
    4 year is like a person who lived to be 60 during the Roman Empire days or before that, for that systems life expectancy. If I get a windows 8 Ill just use that to play 360 games, hopefully playing those wont kill it in 2 years. I really hate how fragile these consoles have been this generation. If I get a ps3 no way am I buying a used one. The used ps3 my moms roommates have wont save my games after a week and its had weird issues when I was using the browser.

Im getting to be like an old man and just wishing for the simple days again when a console was just a game console and maybe like with the PS2 could play movies and cds at most. DLC or playing against players around the world is ok, but I think them trying to be desktop computers is their downfall. Theyre overloading what the machines can do with all these updates for games and people going online and other stuff. I hope in 10 years people can still be able to play all these games that need updates to play, even the more obscure ones.

Good luck with the 360, Im not a PS fanboy like I was with the first 2 consoles. They both have have 90% of the games I want.

/thread stealing rant.
    People like to think back on old systems like they were perfect, ever since they moved to disc based format they have had major problems, I've owned my ps3 since 2007 without a single problem, Actually i've had less problems with it than i had with ps2's or dreamcast's in the past

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Im not saying theyre perfect, I said it just seems like the newer systems are having more problems. I bought my ps2 in 2002 and it still works. Dreamcast is known to fail nowadays, which is sad, but the cartridge systems work for a long time compared to the 360. There are Atari 2600's that still work.

I think itd be better if the consoles are gonna be more like computers then they should be easier to fix like actual computers. If you look at the 3DO even theyre dying fast, and I think theres a connection between consoles doing a lot and dying a lot. WIth computers you can replace parts when they die, so I think to preserve the systems then console makers should make parts easy to replace.

Thanks

i've had my ps3 and xbox 360 since it launched and i had to replace the xbox twice.the ps3 seems to me to be the better system it just last forever just wish sony had a bigger libary like xbox