Page 193 of 270 FirstFirst ... 93143183188189190191192193194195196197198203243 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 4046

Thread: The Souls-Out: Dying repeatedly is the new fad!

Thanks

OH GOD I'M SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SKYWARD SWORD

IT LOOKS SO GOOD

Thanks

Did someone say Skyward Sword?

Thanks

Why yes, sir, if I may be so kind to relay you to this thread: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...E&goto=newpost

It's relevant to your interests.

Thanks

Thanks, chap. I'll be sure to visit this completely awesome thread about Skyward Sword.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmm, this has become a lot easier once I recalled how to lock on to enemies

*continues clearing worlds*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, those were some shitty choices.

"Petrify party member to seal door or do nothing and be annihilated?"

... well fuck. I don't want to do either of those things. ;___;

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Well, those were some shitty choices.

"Petrify party member to seal door or do nothing and be annihilated?"

... well fuck. I don't want to do either of those things. ;___;
    Petrify the ass of the ugliest party member. Then run off with the cutest one and make mad passionate love to them the first chance you get. Your offspring will almost certainly become the next hero \ be haunted by your sacrificed friend \ become an evil overlord.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Krisan Thyme View Post
    Petrify the ass of the ugliest party member. Then run off with the cutest one and make mad passionate love to them the first chance you get. Your offspring will almost certainly become the next hero \ be haunted by your sacrificed friend \ become an evil overlord.
    I didn't have a choice. =(

... although I do like the sounds of the offspring.

The bitch has a mouth on her like my sister-in-law. And not in a sexual way.

Thanks
    EP Points

I didn't have a choice. =(

... although I do like the sounds of the offspring.

The bitch has a mouth on her like my sister-in-law. And not in a sexual way.
    That's nothing. Nier is not exactly the game to be playing if you want to feel warm and fuzzy afterward.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Krisan Thyme View Post
    But... the entire party is male. Men can't procreate.

Thanks
    EP Points

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU U*inhales*UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU U*inhales*UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
    What's going on man, you stub your toe?

Thanks
    EP Points

No, crazy people. And cops.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    After reading all that, I still want Dark Souls.

Because if Ray can say, "I hate this, and this, and this....but I'm still having fun," I think I can deal with it.

Then again, I only played one section of Demon's Souls before I picked up Dead Space and got distracted, so I'll likely try to finish up what I need to do in that game first, and the price will drop in the meantime.
    Especially since it sounds like essentially the same game, but slightly different. Demon's Souls nailed it on the head for me as one of the best games I've played in the last five years. I would definitely like to play a game like that again, but not the exact same game with minor differences.

'sides. Still gotta finish Nier, and hopefully I can do so before Uncharted 3 comes out.
    It's really not a bad game at all. But with all the excellent sequels we've gotten this gen, this isn't one of them. It's pretty standard fare. I'm having fun, but blown away I am not. My opinion on it is certainly a work in progress but I have a feeling I'm going to have a complicated relationship with this game on the topic of whether or not it's truly "great". Things could easily change, but so far I'm very much inclined to say;

Demon's Souls > Dark Souls.

But hey, my experience thus far says "if you want to save some money, just replay the first area or two of each archstone of Demon's Souls with a different starting class/playstyle and in a different order than you did before". And I could very well turn out to be wrong in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivolt View Post
    Honestly, I'm not seeing most of this.

The beginning areas in the game are really similar. So are the first few bosses. I'm sure they did this purpose: The new players won't care because they don't know, and the old players start out in places that feel familiar, sort of like being eased in, with a few new tricks to keep it interesting. I know the later areas get a lot more diverse, so I'm not worried about it.

The Nexus is/was just as bad if not more so than, Firelink Shrine. At worst, you can say only the decor changed. Then again, you actually liked the former decor, so that's just preference. As for the boxes , with how they changed it so that we don't really HAVE a hub, I'm glad that we have something to help us keep upkeep on our shit, and only have to go back for something big/important (like Weapon Ascension or Story events).

The whole "freedom" thing was something that got overhyped by a lot of people. From the previews and info from Japan, it was always going to be more of Metroid-vania type deal then a "total freedom forever" kinda thing. Part of that was just everyone declaring "OMG, it's gonna be like Skyrim!". And I'm fine with the shortcuts, because having to slog my way back through the enemies backwards to get back somewhere sounds about as much fun as it was in Castlevania (not very).

So far, the keys I've found have always been for the area I found them in or the next area over.

Games reusing reusing resources? What kind of horrible world are we living in?

But eh, opinions and all that jazz.
    These beginning areas, judging from the trophy list, encompass at least a third of the game. That's kinda a lot. We're not talking about a quick ease in. We're talking about an FFXIII sized extended tutorial.

The decor was better, but it also had more going on. I've rescued like 4 people so far and they just hang around out of sight. The nexus felt like a bunch of people huddled together in the last safe refuge. The shrine just seems like a random collection of people. I don't know, something is just really not clicking with me about it. Maybe it's the way everything is just tucked away. I like to have everything in front of me. It's a character trait.

I'm just not sure I like the idea of characters like Stockpile Thomas, Boldwin, Freke, and the Maiden replaced by a menu. Especially when in my opinion they felt like an important part of the whole experience. Sure we do get a fresh batch of NPCs, but you spend a lot of the game avoiding them from what I've played. Makes for a really lonely game. Which is funny, since this time you're stuck in a place that's not especially devoid of life. It just happens to be filled with unlife too.

I'd just like it if they at least made it a little more clear in the progression. At least in most metroidvanias there's a second area you can jump into safely. Here it's been a lot of "go to area, find the boss is too high level, go back, try new area". Also, Demon's Souls had shortcuts. Mid level shortcuts too. This is taking a lot of the layout cues from 1-2, particularly the way 1-1 leads into 1-2 quite easily. Except in this case 1-1 and 1-2 would both be open from the start and it's up to you to figure out which one's which.

Basement Key. Found at the end of the Gargoyle's level. Where's it used? An out of the way door in the first area. Said door being identical to numerous environmental details. It's a small iron bar door in the far corner of a dark room near the start of the second "area". Nearly 2 Demon Souls sized levels back (Or at least one of the larger DeS areas. The key is near 2 bosses). And since I've come across a few more locked doors there, I suspect I haven't seen the last of this. Demon's pulled this once with the Old King, after pointing you in the right direction. Dark is making a habit of it. I tried about 3 different doors before I got the right one. Not significant, but enough to irk me.

With a setting change and a bit of a developer change you'd think they'd start fresh or close to it. There's a lot more of its predecessor in here than I was expecting. And I was quite ready to welcome some change.

But sir, my opinion is infinitely more important. Because everyone knows my opinions are fact. I AM THE LAW.
    Last edited by Raype; 8th-October-2011 at 09:04.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    No, crazy people. And cops.
    Movies!

Mindhunters
    Devils Rejects
    Buried
    Be Kind Rewind
    Mystery Team (Very worth watching)

if your into old school and a giggle
    King of the Zombies

Just want a giggle:
    The Boneyard (8 foot tall monster poodle!)

Also Morning Peoples!