Thread: Usage for GameCube decks?

OldTimerDS Guest

Default Usage for GameCube decks?

(I'm waiting for the "target practice" and "boat anchor" jokes to fly in...heh...)

I have at least a half dozen of these taking up needed space in my closet. The cords, controllers, and most everything else is long gone and parted-out, they are deck only. There are several colors, and one has the 'Smash Brothers' designs covering it.
    I have little to no use for these... Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

eBay them? one mans junk is another mans treasure after all

Thanks
    EP Points

ebay them, there are some parts in them that can be used in other things

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Or, if no one on eBay wants a deck only, see if you can take 'em down to a thrift store. You won't get any money for 'em, but you can at least get rid of 'em.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

If you don't think they're worth selling, it's always fun to make furniture out of old dead/broken consoles. You could easily drill a hole into the lid of one and mount a AA powered clock mechanism in it to make a nifty looking wall clock. You could screw a half dozen together to make a 18''x12'' surface. That could be used to make an endtable, or maybe a chair.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

actually, google just reminded me of something.

around where i live its pretty popular to take old or broken consoles and turn them into something else, like a PS1 into an N64, an NES into a DVD player, a virtual boy into binoculars. you get the idea, make something cool and people will buy it, keep the guts though cause the insides can be sold separate (most importantly the laser)

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

7. The Following User Says Thank You to luffy4 For This Useful Post: