Thread: Ken Griffey Jr Slugfest Freezing

Thanks

Default Ken Griffey Jr Slugfest Freezing

Hello,

I'm currently trying to play season on Ken Griffey Slugfest for the N64, but after finishing a game it freezes on the "saving to gamepak" screen (http://imageshack.us/f/21/992i.png/).

This happens on the project64 emulator, I am using the following plugins:

Video: Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6.1
    Audio: Jabo's DirectSound 1.6.1
    Input: N-Rage's Direct-input8 V2 1.80a (so i could use my ps2 controller)

I can give more info as needed, but does anyone know a fix?

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm guessing you have mem pak selected under controller plugins right. Just have to make sure.

Are you using cheats at all? This can possibly mess things up with the games.

You could also try PJ64 1.7 it comes with all the updated plugins too and can be gabbed off the mainsite. It'll take me a bit to get through a game to get to that point so try this first.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to captain handy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captain handy View Post
    I'm guessing you have mem pak selected under controller plugins right. Just have to make sure.

Are you using cheats at all? This can possibly mess things up with the games.

You could also try PJ64 1.7 it comes with all the updated plugins too and can be gabbed off the mainsite. It'll take me a bit to get through a game to get to that point so try this first.
    Thanks for the response,

I am using no cheats and I do have mem pack selected. I will try 1.7 now.

EDIT: turns out I don't have the privileges to download 1.7 =/

EDIT EDIT: I also get freezes at times at the very beginning of the matches. (but this can be overlooked and it works eventually, if I could just figure out the after the game freeze thing everything would be perfect)
    Last edited by nfl2k5; 22nd-September-2011 at 19:57.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by nfl2k5 View Post

EDIT: turns out I don't have the privileges to download 1.7 =/
    hrmm....try this.

http://www.emuparadise.me/emulators/...(Oct-2010).zip

Thanks

Works! thanks man.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hope this works cuz I really don't want to play through a game

just in case though, was it an exhibition or were you in a tournament or something?

Thanks

Hope this works cuz I really don't want to play through a game

just in case though, was it an exhibition or were you in a tournament or something?
    Bad news again... Now I'm getting a black screen freeze at the end of the game.

All this is happening after a season game. I got thru about 5 seasons games, but now whenever I finish a game i get the black screen.

This is happening on the 1.6 project 64, i figured out the mem pak thing, I had it slightly wrong...

trying it on 1.7 now.
    Last edited by nfl2k5; 23rd-September-2011 at 02:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

season game, ok.

right click on it and choose properties - edit game settings and under memory pick 8mb instead of 4, and I'll try it out first thing in the morning and see what I come across.

Edit: what I just did was start a season and saw that I could simulate a game - and it saved no problem afterwards. I'm pretty sure this is the only version of it too. Maybe if the 8mb thingy doesn't work for you (thats the only I changed from default when I grabbed pj64 1.7 ) you could try downloading it again just in case, at least it's a small file.

oh and don't use any savestates!!!

Maybe Meganova or Zorlon will have some advice because I'm running out of ideas.

Actually it does look like a pretty decent game
    Last edited by captain handy; 23rd-September-2011 at 03:06.

Thanks

season game, ok.

right click on it and choose properties - edit game settings and under memory pick 8mb instead of 4, and I'll try it out first thing in the morning and see what I come across.

Edit: what I just did was start a season and saw that I could simulate a game - and it saved no problem afterwards. I'm pretty sure this is the only version of it too. Maybe if the 8mb thingy doesn't work for you (thats the only I changed from default when I grabbed pj64 1.7 ) you could try downloading it again just in case, at least it's a small file.

oh and don't use any savestates!!!

Maybe Meganova or Zorlon will have some advice because I'm running out of ideas.

Actually it does look like a pretty decent game
    I'm using savestates, but yeah in 1.7 the game saved perfectly after completing my first season match. In 1.6 I got to about game 5 where I just got a black screen upon finishing the game and I had a savestate just around the 9th inning and whenever I would finish it I would get the black screen. I even tried re-finishing the game from start to end without save states and got the black screen.

So anyways... 1.7 seems to be working alright for this game, should I play some more games (tomorrow probably... tired atm) and update if anything goes wrong?

"Actually it does look like a pretty decent game"

I tried downloading my favorite baseball game like a week ago, it was REALLY bugged so I looked for a new one. Came across this and I think I like this more now! haha
    Last edited by nfl2k5; 23rd-September-2011 at 03:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by nfl2k5 View Post
    I'm using savestates, but yeah in 1.7 the game saved perfectly after completing my first season match. In 1.6 I got to about game 5 where I just got a black screen upon finishing the game and I had a savestate just around the 9th inning and whenever I would finish it I would get the black screen. I even tried re-finishing the game from start to end without save states and got the black screen.

So anyways... 1.7 seems to be working alright for this game, should I play some more games (tomorrow probably... tired atm) and update if anything goes wrong?

"Actually it does look like a pretty decent game"

I tried downloading my favorite baseball game like a week ago, it was REALLY bugged so I looked for a new one. Came across this and I think I like this more now! haha
    glad 1.7 is working so far, yeah definitely post it if something else happens and we'll see if we can figure it out. I'll still start a game tomorrow myself.

Thanks

glad 1.7 is working so far, yeah definitely post it if something else happens and we'll see if we can figure it out. I'll still start a game tomorrow myself.
    I think 1.7 may have done the trick. .

I played a few games and all is well. I'm going to test it out a bit more but I think it's all good now. Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Right on man. Have fun