Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready for the great earthquake?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    OK, tl;dr version, especially for you.
    oh wow.jpg

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

this hasn't been locked yet?! but in all seriousness I feel this has become nothing but a troll thread. mistral by far had the best responses.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
    Snipped long post

Thanks

LOL!! Why lock it? Its much to epic of a thread.

And everyone knows the world is supposed to end December 21st 2012, because people who ripped hearts out of peoples chests and sacrificed them to Kukulcan know way more about the Universe than we do. We are supposed to get blasted with cosmic energy and radiation when the solar system aligns with the center of the universe. Earth is gonna get baked like its in a microwave. There are enough people that actually think this is going to happen that there might be chaos just caused from the assumption of people doing crazy shit because they think the world is gonna end anyway.
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 19th-September-2011 at 19:35.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonedge View Post
    LOL!! Why lock it? Its much to epic of a thread.

And everyone knows the world is supposed to end December 21st 2012, because people who ripped hearts out of peoples chests and sacrificed them to Kukulcan know way more about the Universe than we do. We are supposed to get blasted with cosmic energy and radiation when the solar system aligns with the center of the universe. Earth is gonna get baked like its in a microwave. There are enough people that actually think this is going to happen that there might be chaos just caused from the assumption of people doing crazy shit because they think the world is gonna end anyway.
    You reminded me of some other things that can happen. As Elenin is coming around the sun think of what the magnetic field could do to the sun, causing solar flares, maybe cause the sun to increase its solar flare activity for a long period of time. The stress on the earth will be great too. With the earth losing more and more of its ability to shield itself from solar flares its looking like the temperature is gonna rise and people could be burned. The bible even speaks of a time when the sun scorched men but still cursed God and didn't turn from there sins.
    Last edited by Alex Jones; 19th-September-2011 at 23:00.
    http://img820.imageshack.us/i/td1yx.jpg/

Thanks
    EP Points

Dude, seriously this isn't a religion forum. Enough is enough.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think we're overlooking an important question here, and that question is am I going to be arrested if I use our impending armageddon as an excuse to run around naked in public with my underwear on my head. Because I'm not going to lie, I've wanted to do that forever. Strange looks I can handle. Moral outrage, sure. People chasing after me with hedge clippers, bring it on. Tasers and attack dogs though? Not my cup of cocoa. And have you ever been handcuffed and forced to sit in the back of a police car sans pants? No? Me neither, but I have sensitive skin and I'm betting those seats chafe. They have that rough, unwelcoming look to them.

I remember my previous goal in life was to smother myself in honey in the hope that I would become covered in bees from head to toe. This was meant to give onlookers the impression I was some sort of mutant bee man, and they would initially run in fear but eventually give me my own monthly comic book series after being taught a valuable life lesson when they saw me organising church raffles and helping elderly ladies cross the road. Before I could put this plan into motion, however, an obese yellow bear in a red shirt appeared and proceeded to eat all of my honey while making a series of bizarre giggling noises and conversing with a man in a tiger suit. Something about dining on piglet soup, I don't know. I was hiding behind a tree at the time.

Wait, what was I talking about again?
    Last edited by Cosmic; 19th-September-2011 at 23:48.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by captain handy View Post
    Not a Science forum either

Thanks

You reminded me of some other things that can happen. As Elenin is coming around the sun think of what the magnetic field could do to the sun, causing solar flares, maybe cause the sun to increase its solar flare activity for a long period of time. The stress on the earth will be great too. With the earth losing more and more of its ability to shield itself from solar flares its looking like the temperature is gonna rise and people could be burned. The bible even speaks of a time when the sun scorched men but still cursed God and didn't turn from there sins.
    That would mean the real god is Kukulcan, and to appease him we must all sacrifice our first born children on an alter, or else

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Maybe he knows what is coming if you know what i mean...
    No. Even if he "knew" something was coming and wasn't willing to say, he wouldn't hint coyly at it in any way.

And, hate to break it to you, but still no. Elenin does not have an appreciable magnetic field. It's a chunk of dirty ice and space dust. The other thing you're talking about is the decrease in potential for the Earth's magnetic field, which is completely unrelated to Elenin and was known years before Elenin ever came close to us. It's also not even confirmed as an appreciable decrease. There's been a measured 10% drop over the past 100 years generally speaking, but given that this is generally pretty close to the sum total of our practical observations, there's nothing to say whether it's normal or not, or if it correlates to any actual decrease in potential in the upper magnetosphere, or even a potential drop as close as a couple miles up from the surface. There's also been an increase in solar flare activity, but this is merely a part of a normal 11-year cycle that happened like clockwork for over 2.5 centuries, and probably even longer (again, lack of historiographical information, in addition to the extremely unusual Maunder Minimum); it's hardly related to Elenin at all.

The Bible talks about a lot of things that aren't necessarily true; I certainly shouldn't be stoned for wearing a shirt with cotton and polyester or because I plant more than one kind of plant in a field, nor should I be allowed to have slaves just because they're from Mexico.
    Leviticus is just a regular host for this kind of hilarity, read in the context of a modern moral system.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captain handy View Post
    God bless you bro. Your right. I was talking about Elenin and the effects it will have on earth. Sorry if i went over board there.
    http://img820.imageshack.us/i/td1yx.jpg/

Thanks

God bless you bro. Your right. I was talking about Elenin and the effects it will have on earth. Sorry if i went over board there.
    You can't prove these effects will actually happen any more than you could prove that the God of the bible is real, and that Kukulcan isn't the real god.

Comets pass Earth on occasion, and they almost never directly effect Earth, unless they actually impact the planet. There hasn't been an actual discovered/recorded Comet impact on Earth in over 300 billion years. Unless you are in with the Tin foil hat groups like Heavens Gate who committed suicide as the Comet Hale Bopp passed Earth, thinking they were going to be saved by aliens, I don't see much credibility to Elenin having any drastic effects on the Earth like you claim. Now if they were saying it would be a 50/50 for a direct impact on Earth, then that would be cause for MAJOR concern, but its only passing by. Comets pass by all the time.

There are a few objects that are going to be crossing Earths orbit that we do know about in the next 50 years or so that actually pose a reasonable threat of impacting Earth. Any one of those objects would destroy modern civilization on Earth as we know it if they impacted, billions would die.

I wonder what it would have been like to be a human in ancient times, where everyones assholes puckered up when they saw a comet in the sky, having no clue what it really was. Even though a comet never actually effected the Earth in any way, shape or form for much longer than Humans have been around, they still feared these objects for thousands of years. Time to drop the cometophobia, ok?
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 20th-September-2011 at 05:00.

Thanks

Mattew 24:36 Nobody knows that day or hour not even the angels in heaven nor the son (Jesus) but only the father (God)

See now can someone lock this dumb thread.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The_Grouch View Post
    this hasn't been locked yet?! but in all seriousness I feel this has become nothing but a troll thread. mistral by far had the best responses.
    It was never going to be anything else. OP saw to that.