Thread: Help with SNES Brandish

Thanks

Default Help with SNES Brandish

Hello World,

I am playing SNES Brandish and I am stuck at Ruins Area 5. I could use some tips about how to get by the moving pendulums in the pit-filled corridor to return to the hidden corridor behind the weakened wall. I've already managed to get around the first pendulum to the first switch which controls the pendulum which breaks the weakened wall. The second switch "won't budge" and I cannot get by the pendulums. I am now stuck at this section as the warp book is powerless within this area. Anyone here know how to defeat this area of the ruins?

Thanks for reading ...

Thanks
    EP Points

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alakazander For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you for trying but I'm not lazy, I always search the www before posting and I've already read this summarization file. If you read it then, you will learn that the author offers no tips or strategies. The problem is that the switch is stuck. Whenever one tries to activate the switch using the hand tool, the message "it won't budge" appears. The only way out of this area seems to be the way into the area. It is not difficult to traverse the pits and pendulums into this section but it seems impossible to get by the first pendulum from within the nearby pit. I assume that one needs to fall into the pit then wait for the pendulum to move back into the wall then press b button to jump out and progress by the pendulum while it is in the wall. However, the pendulums move too fast and push one away from the passageway resulting in fatal damage.

I do not know if there is something that I did not do correctly before entering this area or not. I have arm-strength of 9.n and I wonder if I need arm-strength rating of 10? I am level 5 too if that helps. The area of which I am referring to is the area with the amber key treasure chest and the switch that stops/starts the pendulum which breaks the weakened wall across from it and a pit. If anyone knows the answer then please help ...

EDIT:

Nevermind. I've figured it out. Thanks for all of the help. cue rolling eyes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pantheraonca; 25th-September-2011 at 11:23. Reason: added a link to a screen capture