Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best PC controller

Thanks

I used to use a thrustmaster firestorm dual analog 2 (woohoo), bought it because it looked and feeled almost like a psx controller.
    Don't know how many years have passed since then but i still have it and it still works like a charm, only problem i've had was finding the drivers on the manufacturers site..
    But few months after the 360 came out and i finally bought a wired controller i'm using my 360 controller more often, that is, when i'm not playing on my 360

oh and Regnow, the ps2 controller and ps3 controller both need some software to work on pc ( as does the 360 controller) but they remain pretty much the same.
    Ps3 controller has sixaxis (not all of them offcourse but i don't know if that works on pc..) and both have rumble..
    My quess is it would be easier to use a ps3 controller because you can reload it via usb cabel connected to the ps3, so it's just matter of finding the software and plugging the cable in your pc and off you go

Thanks
    EP Points

I had been using an XBOX360 controller but never really like the feel of it. Last week I ordered a PS2 to USB adapter for around $11.00. 1 of the best purchases I've made. Just drag out your old PS2 controller and plug and play. Windows 7 found drivers automatically.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AATQ0Y

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
    I had been using an XBOX360 controller but never really like the feel of it. Last week I ordered a PS2 to USB adapter for around $11.00. 1 of the best purchases I've made. Just drag out your old PS2 controller and plug and play. Windows 7 found drivers automatically.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AATQ0Y
    You wasted your money.
    I got mine for 4 dollars, and it works perfectly.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Thanks
    EP Points

As many have said any PS3 or 360 controller is pretty good. Or you could get one of the USB Arcade sticks if you fancy using MAME a lot. Just thought I'd put my two cents out there.

Thanks

Horipad EX2:Link Best pad I've ever used. Mine broke because I thought I could store it in the top area of the box I was carrying my arcade stick home in during a recent move. Of course I then dropped something on the box and broke the cable. I could probably fix it if I stripped it and made the connections good again, but I'm too lazy for that.

I've played on that Razer one at a friend's house, and that was also very nice except for the D-Pad. The game is made with modern FPSes in mind, so the D-pad is literally like 4 discrete buttons (but not like the PSX/2/3/ pads pretend they are), and it was generally really uncomfortable to try to control things with the D-Pad.

The Horipad's Dpad was great, though.
    CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL I'M SO WAAAAACCKYYYYYYY

Thanks

I have a PS3 controller.. although I still can't get it working on Windows. I usually just use my 360 one in that case, but the D pad sucks. So nowadays, I emulate from my Ubuntu install, where I do 90% of everything else.

Controlling Mario with a Sony controller.. Square to run, cross to jump.. it just feels so.. dirty.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    You wasted your money.
    I got mine for 4 dollars, and it works perfectly.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
    Well mine was technically 4$ and change but it shipped from a place selling through amazon. I just checked it came to 8$ and change with shipping.

Thanks

I like to keep one of each, an xbox360 controller and a PS2 style one w/out adapters. I don't remember what happened to my 360 controller though (moved recently). I play Samurai Shodown 5 Special Edition with the keyboard and the response time is... insane. I can play it even better with an actual arcade stick, but sadly we lost the only good arcade worth mentioning. When I played it recently I felt a little rusty and had almost forgot how fun and challenging this game can be. Especially with the level turned up. Many good times were had playing that series.
    Last edited by Ghost333999; 30th-September-2011 at 21:08.

Thanks

i quite like my nostromo speed pad n52, its drivers let you assign its buttons to keyboard fuctions

Thanks

A standard ps2 controller, connected via usb

Thanks
    EP Points

Lightbulb

360 Wired Controller, it's not expensive, maybe like $20 - $30 if buy a used one at GameStop.

If there's no GameStop in your area, next best bet is eBay or Amazon, or your closest local game store if you don't want to for it to arrive in the mail.