Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I suggest a sub category for PS2 games that are patched for ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

And if this only suggestion is to simply to make it easier to find those threads with "[ESR]" in the title, well there's a search feature for that. And if the forum's search feature is too complicated for you to figure out, all you need to do is search for "ESR" at the main site.

Ta-da. Within seconds, you have now found all 16 relevant results (plus more). And without any staff members needing to do the hours of work necessary to hold your hand!
    Last edited by Milady; 11th-September-2011 at 04:34.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah, this isn't happening. Everything is way too much of a mess to sort out, and it'd be way too much work. Considering non-ESR users can play ESRed images without even noticing, and ESR patching takes seconds, it's really not worth the effort.

However, if you really want some sort of distinction for ESRed images, why not simply tag all of them with "ESR Patched" or something. So if somebody only wants them it's a simple search away. That's what thread tags are for
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    However, if you really want some sort of distinction for ESRed images, why not simply tag all of them with "ESR Patched" or something. So if somebody only wants them it's a simple search away. That's what thread tags are for
    Brilliant.

Thanks
    EP Points

that would probably be easier to just have them all tagged

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

Its way too easy to patch/un-patch games with ESR that making a whole new section seems kinda dumb. ESR patcher can be downloaded and its file size is in the KBs, you drag and drop the game in the window and hit patch/unpatch, it really doesn't get any easier than that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Yeah, this isn't happening. Everything is way too much of a mess to sort out, and it'd be way too much work. Considering non-ESR users can play ESRed images without even noticing, and ESR patching takes seconds, it's really not worth the effort.

I stick ESR in all of my titles, it's quite simple.

As to ESR somehow making the ISO of lesser quality... Seriously?

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

i put esr on my games anyways (its a habbit as the first 5 games i forgot to patch and the rest is history) its really a second nature once your used to it. extract, patch, mount it onto a dvd. hell if you dont want to spend the time just go out and buy another copy of the game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    And if this only suggestion is to simply to make it easier to find those threads with "[ESR]" in the title, well there's a search feature for that. And if the forum's search feature is too complicated for you to figure out, all you need to do is search for "ESR" at the main site.

Ta-da. Within seconds, you have now found all 16 relevant results (plus more). And without any staff members needing to do the hours of work necessary to hold your hand!

I second, third, and hell even fourth this. Also Hi I'm Commander Shepard and when I download PS2 games I like them to be tagged with ESR in the title at the Citadel.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    I stick ESR in all of my titles, it's quite simple.

As to ESR somehow making the ISO of lesser quality... Seriously?
    Yup same here, I try to up most of mine clean, but I'd just post ESR Patched for any that do.

The ESR patch obviously doesn't lessen quality , it's meant to patch the UDF descriptor in your DVD images, so they have "VIDEO_TS" "AUDIO_TS" folders within the ISO like regular DVD-videos (because even unmodded PS2s can boot burned DVD-videos, the ESR patch is like a work-around )

I had some probs w/ some un-ESR patched images b4 (using them for emu), but pre-patched ESR images don't effect them in terms of content and can boot via other methods (as google states)
    Last edited by Destrudo; 19th-September-2011 at 16:49.
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .