Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I AM OUT OF MY MIND (found something cool!)

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a yellow pokemon n64 still in its box got it like 2 years ago from my girlfriend but never played it and i HATE pokemon.

Apparently it cheeks light up red when you switch it on lol sad

Thanks
    EP Points

My N64 is upstairs in a treasure chest in my bedroom along with a Super Famicom, Sega CDX, and a Neo Geo CDZ. I think you will need lots and lots of racing games, like F Zero X, all the Cruis'n games, Wave Race 64, both Extreme G games, Micro Machines, and California Speed. And Fighting Force.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Jerk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    My N64 is upstairs in a treasure chest in my bedroom along with a Super Famicom, Sega CDX, and a Neo Geo CDZ. I think you will need lots and lots of racing games, like F Zero X, all the Cruis'n games, Wave Race 64, both Extreme G games, Micro Machines, and California Speed. And Fighting Force.
    You can be sure of that! I love racing games. I would have liked F-Zero X as first game (like OOT/PK Stadium 1/2/Mario 64/Mischief Makers) but it just wasn't there....

WAIT

>Micro Machines
    You mean the N64 had that and I didn't knew?! Well, thanks for telling me!
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks

There's Actually an unofficial hardware thingy you can use, don't remember what its called but it was something like GB hunters or something.. iv'e used it myself and it lets you play GBC games on your tv. not just pokemon either though its any GBC game the only catch is there's no sound. its just the GB hunters theme song on loop. but i saw it for 20$ at a pawn shop, but that was way back in the day i doubt you can find one in good condition now.

Edit: you can actually play both GB and GBC games. you cannot save while using the GB hunter tho oh and it includes a cheat cart. and on jazz's link its 28$ not bad if you ask me.
    Last edited by Jakethegreat12; 5th-September-2011 at 17:01.
    Persona is so beast...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakethegreat12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i found something cool,i was at gamestop and found a psp go for $100,i have about 30 and about 120 coming,but theres a problem .What's th easiest way to buy its games?

Thanks

i want it!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm inclined to suggest Paper Mario. Great RPG. Yes, it's a bit of a kiddiegame, but it's well-designed, amuses, and kept me playing.

Hope that helps

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethegreat12 View Post
    There's Actually an unofficial hardware thingy you can use, don't remember what its called but it was something like GB hunters or something.. iv'e used it myself and it lets you play GBC games on your tv. not just pokemon either though its any GBC game the only catch is there's no sound. its just the GB hunters theme song on loop. but i saw it for 20$ at a pawn shop, but that was way back in the day i doubt you can find one in good condition now.
    GB Hunter it is. There is also the Game Booster 2in1 but neither of these can use the save function in any game...here:
    http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/n64-main.htm

Thanks
    EP Points

nice find, i've still got my old N64 but the controllers are messed up and well, i've gotten fairly used to the controls on a keyboard (emulator) but still box aside that looks new

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I will use my first post ever on this forum to suggest you acquire Mischief Makers (as previously mentioned). Also Chameleon Twist, Majora's Mask, Jet Force Gemini (all Rareware for that matter) and Rayman 2. My favorite N64 game is Sin & Punishment personally but you can only really play that on emu unless you have a Japanese N64 right?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpuzzHardwick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SpuzzHardwick View Post
    I will use my first post ever on this forum to suggest you acquire Mischief Makers (as previously mentioned). Also Chameleon Twist, Majora's Mask, Jet Force Gemini (all Rareware for that matter) and Rayman 2. My favorite N64 game is Sin & Punishment personally but you can only really play that on emu unless you have a Japanese N64 right?
    No, US and Japanese N64s can both play American and Japanese games, but you have to remove the tabs that block the game from fitting into the cartridge slot. Simple as that.

It doesn't work on PAL N64s though, you need a converter cart to play imports on a PAL system.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    No, US and Japanese N64s can both play American and Japanese games, but you have to remove the tabs that block the game from fitting into the cartridge slot. Simple as that.

It doesn't work on PAL N64s though, you need a converter cart to play imports on a PAL system.
    whoa thats cool didn't know you could do that with N64's. I knew it could be done to snes's though.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks

Awesomesauce! People are reccomending Banjo Kazooie...but don't forget the sequel! Just as good

Thanks
    EP Points

I'll throw my own suggestions in here perfect dark and golden eye as well as banjo-kazooie zelda oot and majora's mask also diddy kong racing.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    nice find, i've still got my old N64 but the controllers are messed up and well, i've gotten fairly used to the controls on a keyboard (emulator) but still box aside that looks new
    Haha, the whole point is that it IS new! Nobody had even set a finger on it prior to me, every single thing was in a cellophane wrapper!
    I ain't lying. Check out the first picture. See those bags on the left? Those held the console, A/V cable, power source and controller. As a matter of fact, that's what had blown my mind.
    In before a collector dies somewhere, the box had been opened, so it wasn't as 'valuable'.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel99 View Post
    i found something cool,i was at gamestop and found a psp go for $100,i have about 30 and about 120 coming,but theres a problem .What's th easiest way to buy its games?
    Not related to the thread but given I love the PSP I'll give you a tip: hack the living shit out of it.
    Even if you do buy the games, the emulation in it is ABSOLUTELY, and I fucking mean it, ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.
    SEGA Genesis, NES, Neo Geo, PlayStation 1, SNES, Game Boy (ALL: mono, color and Advance) and even SEGA CD (!!!) work perfectly!
    It also has emulators for Arcade cabs, Nintendo 64, Atari Lynx, Amiga, Atari, Vectrex, and more! (Those aren't perfect, but neat all the same).

I mean really, you don't know how much you're missing until you've tried it.

EDIT: Oh, wait, it's the Go? Bro (I may regret my words later) don't buy a single thing for it. Myself I believe that unless it's physical copy there is no way I'm going to pay for a game.
    Morality aside, just hack it and use ISOs, not even ONE THIRD of the library is avaliable for download.

YES, I LIKE USING BIG FONTS WHENEVER I TRY TO REMARK SOMETHING, SORRY
    Last edited by The Almighty MegaMan; 6th-September-2011 at 14:31. Reason: Trying to poke fun at my own posts
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev