Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3DS Information for Flash kits, Emulation & Roms (Updates/News can go in here)

Thanks

Uhmmmmm...... newbie here.... so I didn't quite understand most of it.....(sorry for bad english)
    Question: there are cards that can play plain ds roms in the 3ds, but can it Play 3ds roms? if so what card?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by simonso View Post
    Uhmmmmm...... newbie here.... so I didn't quite understand most of it.....(sorry for bad english)
    Question: there are cards that can play plain ds roms in the 3ds, but can it Play 3ds roms? if so what card?
    As already stated there are no flash kits that work on the 3DS system than can play 3DS rom dumps.... yet

There is development on the way but nothing has been released

There are however a few DS flash kits (flash kits that can play DS roms) that will work with a 3DS, but those kits need to be updated to work on the 3DS and alot of those can only be updated via a DS or DS lite before they will work on a 3DS (some retailers will update the flash kit before they ship it out)

The Acekard2i that I own will let you update the kit via a 3DS aslong as you update the flash kit before you update the 3DS otherwise you are forced to use a DS/DS lite to update the flash kit
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-December-2011 at 16:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thank you very much for the quick reply
    I appreciate it
    sincerely,
    simonso

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The new update out yesterday is fine for the latest Acekard2i firmware

3DS ver. 3.0.0-6

There seems to be "Nintendo Letter Box" available now aswell as the lil update another free bit of software, we also got Euro Sports recently that is another video downloader player in addition to Nintendo Video
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-December-2011 at 21:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

EZ-Flash Vi has also been updated for use on the 3DS ver. 3.0.0-6

Anyone that keeps up to date on there own flash kits, could you please post as your flash kit becomes compatible

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for keeping this topic up to date, searching in google about some stuffs tends to be frustrating as there is a lot of fake software around.

I'm itching to play some games that already came out, but the ones that I'd kill to play aren't out yet... So I'll just wait more. i.i
    Been lazy to put up a sig since my account got wiped with that last EP crash. Well, here's something.

-3DS- in search for a New 3ds- MY FRIEND CODE
    -PSP- Retired, but still functional
    -PSVITA- Traditional, mostly an accessory :c
    -PS4- Deliciouser
    -PS3- black 2501A 160gb, some version of Rebug
    -PS2- Retired, also functional but ps3 is doing the hard labor
    -PC- Dead, but damn, my new phone and some lame laptops are doing the trick for now
    Who knows when there'll be a new update...?

Thanks
    EP Points

Question to you, Zorlon, would EP be interested in getting 3DS releases as they come out? That way once the flash carts do start to appear, we wouldn't have an issue with waiting to find the games. I have access to most if not all of the releases, and I'm more than willing to upload them if the community would want it... I probably won't remember to check this thread again, so shoot me a PM about it?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I also have access to them all but as you can imagine I do alot of other things too so realy don't have time to sit and download roms only to re-upload them

Not very often I do upload roms anyway unless there is something special about them or feel that there is a need...

I'm sure there will be users out there that will be happy to see 3DS roms now even if they are currently unplayable

If you do go ahead though I would mention that currently there are no emulators or flash kits capable of playing them.... YET..

I may PM you later if I get time and you have not see the reply yet... at all

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Okay so I have an M3i-zero / GMP-Z003, I use it on my DSi-XL. If I purchase a 3DS, will I be able to use my card for DS games? Do I need to update the card with a DS/lite or can I do it via my computer?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by astro_zombie138 View Post
    Okay so I have an M3i-zero / GMP-Z003, I use it on my DSi-XL. If I purchase a 3DS, will I be able to use my card for DS games? Do I need to update the card with a DS/lite or can I do it via my computer?
    *In order to update the firmware of the M3i Zero card, you must have the NDS, NDS Lite or NDSi NDSi(XL) console. The updated software can run up in one of these consoles, then the updated M3i Zero card should be able to boot up properly in any NDS console included 3DS.
    *Please make sure that the power of the console is sufficient and prevent moving the console during the updated process.

Procedures:
    1. i) Copy the “M3GUpdaterPlus_142.nds” onto the microSD card.
    ii) Copy the "system" file onto the microSD card or install the "M3SAKURA" system
    (For the detail of installing the system or "M3SAKURA", please read the corresponding instruction.)
    2. Insert that microSD card into the M3i Zero card.
    3. Insert M3i Zero card into one of the following console (NDS, NDS Lite or NDSi NDSi(XL))
    4. Power on the console and the M3 software should run up. Select the “M3GUpdaterPlus_142.nds” file then press [A] to launch it.
    5. Just follow the instruction on the screen or press [start] twice to start the updated process.
    6. The "Updating success" message will be displayed on the screen if the updated process is success.
    7. After the updated process is finished, you may take out the M3i Zero, You may insert this card into 3DS to use it.

http://www.m3adapter.com/SLOT-1_Seri...m#FirmwareG003

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So I definitely need to have both systems on hand to do this? It won't work if I try and do it with the card connected to my PC? My issue is that I was planning on selling the DSi-XL to gain money toward the 3DS. Thank you for the quick reply Zorlon.
    Edit: Nevermind, I noticed the link on your reply and they stated specifically you need to have both. Thank you.
    Last edited by astro_zombie138; 31st-January-2012 at 07:36.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Ordered a couple of Flash kits to be tested on 3DS
    Acekard 2i (Will take an age to get to me though) (£10.00) [From Hong Kong]
    M3i-Zero (Should get that quicker maybe Thursday or Friday) (£9.99) [found it cheap in the UK, it's the older version though by the looks of it, pre GMP-Z003]
    Stopped above order as the None GMP-Z003 M3i Zero does not support my 3DS firmware ... oops
    EZ FLASH Vi (From the UK so shouldn't take too long) (£16.49) [Not the cheapest price but I wanted a flash kit quick, I could of got it much cheaper from Hong Kong though]
    Out of stoke will just wait for my order from Hong Kong

I may buy more aswell anyway I will be testing key games that have issues on other carts

If anyone knows of problem games past and present please give details

Basicly I want to give more info on the carts available for the 3DS now even if so far there are only DS mode flash kits out

Flash Kit
    3DS Compatibility
    DSi Compatibility
    DS Lite/DS Original
    Upgrade Via
    Acekard 2i
    www.acekard.com
    2.1.0-4
    Yes
    DSL/DS
    EZ Flash Vi
    www.ezflash.cn
    2.1.0-4
    Yes
    DSL/DS
    M3i Zero [GMP-Z003]
    www.m3adapter.com
    2.1.0-4
    Yes
    USB & DSL/DS
    R4i Gold 3DS
    www.r4ids.cn
    2.1.0-4
    Yes
    DSL/DS
    R4i SDHC 3DS
    www.r4i-sdhc.com
    2.1.0-4
    Yes
    DSL/DS
    SuperCard DSONEi mini
    eng.supercard.sc
    2.1.0-4
    Yes
    USB & DSL/DS
    SuperCard DSTWOi
    eng.supercard.sc
    2.1.0-4
    Yes
    DSL/DS
    has the methods of updating the acekard 2i changed, or is it still DSL/DS upgrade only [USB support or from 3DS yet?]
    #Archean_0's Uploads [http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...0#post1431710] | #Found a ".dlc" file? Open it with [http://jdownloader.org/]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No USB support

But you can update on a 3DS as long as you update the Acekard 2i before you update the 3DS, just pop the update on the micro SD insert it into the Acekard 2i and insert the Acekard 2i into your 3DS, run the Acekard 2i and run the Acekard 2i update then back on the main 3DS menu go into settings and find the check for updates option, then run it

P.S. the flash card info there is a lil out of date, just not had time to check for updated info yet

The Acekard 2i has been updated to work with the latest 3DS and DSi models firmware
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-February-2012 at 17:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Do the flash kits you listed really play NDS games on the 3DS? If so, where can I buy one? I clicked on the link you put posted but there are many retailers to choose from. Which is the better one? For location, I live in the states.

Thanks

Oh and I want to buy the R4i Gold 3ds