Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3DS Information for Flash kits, Emulation & Roms (Updates/News can go in here)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Out lookin for news and hoping this kicks off here soon the 3DS is awesome
    Case: Cosmos 1000 Cooler Master Tower Os: FreeBSD 10 64-Bit :Wii: Finally Updated To 4.3U and now use Configurable USB Loader , PS3:latest Multiman, PSPGo, CycloDS , Check out Plex dot tv and bsdnow dot tv

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Lastest version of the 3DS firmware included with Super Mario 3D Land ver 2.2.0-4 currently blocks all known flash kits

There is one exception, atleast for the japs of the R4i Gold kit, the team has obtained the game then bypassed the block with an update

It is only a mater of time though before all the flash kits catch up plus there is another update for the 3DS due in November that they may wait for instead of having to buy a game just to bypass an inbetween update

This is more of a fair warning though that your kit will not work after getting this game, I would advise atleast waiting and keep checking for updates from the official sites for your DS mode flash kit
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-November-2011 at 19:13.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cards that support 2.2.0-4 so far

R4i Gold Plus (Jap version only so far)
    Supercard DSTWO (Jap version only so far)

I don't know if the list will grow much until the full update is available to everyone with and without Super Mario Land 3D, but I will update this one post with info so just keep checking here for more info, a couple of the official sites for the flash kits just say don't update your 3DS, until we update our flash kit, kind of thing...

Once the full version of the update is out I will start editing the first post here with the updated info on what flash carts will work with 3DS... Hope my Acekard 2i is one of those that works
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-November-2011 at 17:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Anyone interested in aquiring some 3DS rom dumps can from http://nintendorom.blogspot.com/

You can thank Jackhammer for pointing that out to me

I still have no idea if these will be playable or not or if we will need to look for re dumps by the time 3DS dumps are playable

I will update the release list soon...ish
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-November-2011 at 20:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

It seems a 3DS emulator came out in September. It's a modified version of No$GBA, so it has full emulation of the original DS (and presumably GBA), but limited support for 3DS. But it's a start.
    Download R4 3DS emulator: http://www.3dsflashcard.com/download...or-Install.exe
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12th-November-2011 at 12:24.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Website states that 3DS is not emulated but will be added at a later date

But thank you for pointing it out

Kinda reminds me of GiriGiri a few years back and group claiming they made a new emu, that was just GiriGiri with a new name and a new front end, end of the day it was a front end and a hexed tittle and new logo insert, time will tell though it may be worth keeping an eye on.

R4 3DS Emulator also known as Nintendo 3DS R4 Flash Card emulator is based on the freeware NDS emulator No$GBA. It mimics the operation of a R4 3DS Flash Card such as R4i 3DS, AceKard 3, SuperCard DSTWO and CycloDS iEvolution on N3DS. Same as current first generation R4 3DS backup tools this emu supports only DS-MODE on Nintendo 3DS. This means that NDS roms and DSi game backup copies work, DS homebrew Apps work, but the new 3DS games are currently not compatible. Support for the latest 3DS games will be added in later versions.
    but the new 3DS games are currently not compatible. Support for the latest 3DS games will be added in later versions.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-November-2011 at 13:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not much to post in here realy but there is a tool about that is worth keeping an eye on specially for any game modder/hackers out there
    The tool can open 3DS files and goes by the name 3DS Explorer

http://code.google.com/p/3dsexplorer/

Hope to report an emulator or flash kit soon

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

whats the best flash kit/emulation device for the ds lite

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Your post has nothing to do with the 3DS

Go make your own thread then someone will help you but not in a thread completly unrelated

Or look through past threads as this has been asked a stupid amount of times

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The new update is out today atleast in the UK, this is optional and you are not forced to update so don't do that update until you have updated your flash kit if there is an update out yet

The update will auto download but it will not update unless you say yes please update if you say no you can manually search for an update later when you are ready

If you do not update though you can't get into the Nintendo eShop

Name:  Untitled 9.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  23.4 KB

Also 3DS Ambassador GBA games should be out soon, by the end of the month, again this is UK news but I imagine this will get the same release date world wide or shortly followed by..

EDIT: Quick off the mark Acekard2i has updated to work on 3DS 3.0 (you can update your Acekard2i via the 3DS before you update the 3DS or you can just use a DS/DSL)

Now I have updated (AceKard2i to work on 3DS 3.0 then my 3DS to version 3.0.0-5E (Acekard2i works)) the new features are...

3D video recording.. wow

Spot pass for Mii Plaza so you can see new Mii characters online rather than just via street pass, also a slide show, Street Pass map, Accomplishments, Music Player & StreetPass Quest Sequel was also added to the Mii Plaza

Can't be bothered looking just now but I'm sure there is more besides those above

Edit that actually covered it just about apart from the new eShop features (not checked em out yet) and a new Friends list feature (also not looked at )
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-December-2011 at 22:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

More great News

There is now a homebrew 3D video to 3DS video format converter

http://www.socoder.net/index.php?blogs=29000

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Guys I have a question if It's wrong just delete or edit it.

If I want to play the original Nintendo DS games will a 3DS do? Can I use a Nintendo DSi card to load games on it? I'm debating on buying a DSi or 3DS, I mainly care about DS games but 3DS wouldn't be a bad addition. Thanks a bunch!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you read me post about the 3DS update I even state that I use an Acekard2i on my 3DS

Even my first few posts in this thread gives a list of flash kits that used to work (AceKard2i is the only one so far to update but they will shortly follow, the 3DS update only came out yesterday as did the Acekard2i update to fix compat with the 3DS update)

So far there are no flash kits that can play DSi features/DSi exclusives or 3DS games so only DS games can be played via flash kits (I'm not including emulation in that statment)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-December-2011 at 20:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Oops! Sorry . I guess that's good then, but mainly is it worth playing Nintendo DS games on the 3DS? Somewhere I read that the display is ugly. I feel like I'm going a bit off topic here, so this will be my last question on the matter! Thanks a lot, just didn't feel the question was thread-worthy.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Exactly the same as the DS Lite, I own both consoles, so if it's ugly on the 3DS it's ugly on the DS Lite lol

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]