Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3DS Information for Flash kits, Emulation & Roms (Updates/News can go in here)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ignore the R4 carts unless you want to have to patch every protected game (most of the newer games are protected) compatibility is also lower than other fash kits & there are alot of fake R4 carts that are even less compatible, if you do get one of these though, the 3rd party flash kit software R4Wood is recomended to use if your version of the R4 works with it (with the fakes alot of those will not work with R4Wood)

The Acekard2i is one of the best and yeah it plays NDS roms just fine on the 3DS

The Acekard2i has the best compat for NDS games without patching the roms

The only issue is that most of these flash kits will need updating to work on the latest version of the 3DS

other cards that are worth note

the Supercard DSTWOi is also a very good kit though a lil more expensive it aso has support for SNES and GBA via emulation and has extra memory in the flash kit to enable this (compat for the emulation aspects are not 100% though, but still very good)

Updates if the shop you are buying from don't do this for you, is done via a NDSlite or original NDS (This is the downside to any of these flash kits on the 3DS), future updates can normally done via the 3DS before you update the 3DS itself
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-March-2012 at 07:08.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for replying. Looks like I'm gonna buy the Acekard2i. Though when I checked on the reseller page, there is a lot of them for North America. Sorry for pestering again, but can you please tell me which of the resellers is the best one to buy from?

Thanks

I've had great success ordering from http://www.realhotstuff.com/ . Just got 2 SuperCARD DSTWO's from them yesterday! Average prices, great service and reliable shipping based in NJ, USA.

Thanks

Nice Guide!

I have the R4i SDHC 3DS...and I'm reading this stuff about updates..I don't have a 3DS yet, but if I don't have a WEP network, I can just plug in the microSD into my computer and update from there correct?

When do you suppose flashcarts that can support 3DS games will come out? I always thought this was done until I read this thread..
    SIG REMOVED - NOT ALLOWED

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
    Nice Guide!

I have the R4i SDHC 3DS...and I'm reading this stuff about updates..I don't have a 3DS yet, but if I don't have a WEP network, I can just plug in the microSD into my computer and update from there correct?

When do you suppose flashcarts that can support 3DS games will come out? I always thought this was done until I read this thread..
    Depends on the flash kits....

I beleive that kit you have the only way to update it is via WEP directly on the DSi/3DS maybe even with the DS aswell but it is done online only, the official web site only tells you do it via the flash kit as they do not store it on there web site for direct download

Unless they have changed it since I last looked (this has been over a month since I was online last)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

so far, acekard 2i is the best cart to be used on 3ds?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh your asking...

Well yeah as far as playing DS games goes and the price it's by far the best out there

But on the other hand if you have a bit more to spend there is the DSTWO flash kit that has extra features supporting GBA and SNES emulation (Do not expect perfect GBA and SNES emulation though not everything will work) basicly that flash kit has onboard memory that boosts the flash kits abillity

R4 clones are very cheap but you are relying on 3rd party software for them and not all of the clones will work with R4Wood otherwise if you happen to hit lucky the R4wood software seems to work well for alot of users

There are other kits aswell around but most will get left behind as updates arise on the 3DS

the old trusted M3 carts are not as good as they used to be (still a good flash kit but updates are slower nowerdays than they used to be) also you need to make sure you get the newer version of this M3i-Zero kit as the older version was not updated for the latest 3DS firmware version (wasn't last time I looked anyway)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just wanted to add...

I recently had my 3DS die on me so sent it to Nintendo for a repair (thankfully only just had it under a year, so it was convered for a free repair)

Anyway I use the flashkit Acekard2i and was a lil concerned they would just take the machine off of me when they could see that I was using a flash kit that to me is obvious as the 3DS keeps track of what has been used on it

I got me 3DS back just fine fully working again and a free 12 month cover for future repairs (the repair was a simple solder job from what the leter said that came with my 3DS but the system was on an older firmware to what I left it on and I lost all my coins and what I had spent them on, I'm not talking about DLC as all that stuff was still on my account)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-May-2012 at 21:16.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Crown3DS site seem to have disapeared

P.S. another flash kit blocking update released... 4.3.0-10

Personly I'm just waiting for the Acekard website to update my kits firmware

P.P.S. Anyone own a 3DSXL and a flash kit for it??? I'm curious as to if they have anything in the newer version of the 3DS to block flash kits (can't see it but you never know )
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-July-2012 at 09:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just a note that although there have been no official news on updates for the Acekard2i on the latest 3DS firmware, if you email them about it they will send you the next update as an atachment

Not sure if this is actual delay as they claim or if it's tactics to avoid the card from being blocked

There email is [email protected] I also gave them info as the what HW verion I had and SVN, that info is found from help in the Acekard2i start menu (lower right icon then on the second page of that menu the Help option is located there)

For me anyway I could't use the update ment to be used directly on the 3DS (I just kept saying that I had canceled it [I hadn't]) so I used the one ment for use on the DS/DSLite to update via a DSLite (I own both fortionatly)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-September-2012 at 20:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Bump

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Case: Cosmos 1000 Cooler Master Tower Os: FreeBSD 10 64-Bit :Wii: Finally Updated To 4.3U and now use Configurable USB Loader , PS3:latest Multiman, PSPGo, CycloDS , Check out Plex dot tv and bsdnow dot tv

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

closed

revived old and very outdated thread, most the info in this thread including my own post are no longer valid for 3DS users

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]