Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Runescape anyone?

Thanks

Default Runescape anyone?

So, everyone I know tells me that World of Warcraft is WAY better than Runescape.
    Then, however, there are those who actually rather dislike WoW and prefer Runescape.

I, personally, prefer Runescape. For those who don't know what this game is (though I doubt there are many on here that have not heard of or played the game), Runescape is an MMORPG (aka a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) that has two sides to it: The free side and the "Member's" side. The free side has absolutely no cost to play and you can complete quests, up your stats and levels (fishing, mining, fighting, magic, etc), roam around, kill monsters, fight other players, and meet friends.
    The member's side is about 5 bucks a month and includes more skills, quests, areas, and privileges (as well as some special goodies you get for just being a "member").

I am currently just a player, not a "Member". My plan is to max out my skills and whatnot before becoming a member and paying 5 dollars a month.

So, now that that has been explained (although it now seems redundant to ask):

Anyone here share my enjoyment for Runescape?

Feel free to post with your thoughts on Runescape and, if you do play, your level/total level count, if you are a player/member, advice on things like quests and leveling up, links for resources, and anything else you wish to post.

Also, feel free to ask me any advice about Runescape and if I can't personally answer your question, I can look it up for you and send you a link.

Maybe on here, I'll even make some RS friends to help me on my long journey of reaching TS2K (Total skill-count 2000) :3

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I played runescape for a little while...when I was like 12.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MsGigi View Post
    The free side has absolutely no cost to play
    NO WAY!

The only MMO I have an interest in playing is PSO2.
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 26th-July-2011 at 03:55.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

I used to love Runescape. I agree; Runescape is better than Wow.

Hail to the king baby!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Man, I haven't played for a while. Brings back memories with me and my pals.

Thanks

I used to play quite a while back, before the high-definition graphics and all that, but I think my first account got hacked about a year ago, never really bothered to try and get it back though. I probably would play again, but they just kept on adding updates that I really didn't like. Mainly the Grand Exchange really ruined it for me. After that, there was really no social interaction at all, and that was a big part of the game for me. Maybe if they removed the Grand Exchange I might play again .

EDIT: Oh, and when I did play, my first account was up to, I think it was level 52? Then, my second one was at level 20 something. I never really played that much, at least not as much as some of the other people I saw.
    Last edited by Genosha; 26th-July-2011 at 05:33.

Thanks
    EP Points

I still remember my account name and password, but just to lazy to play Runescape.
    There are better MMOs than that, but it's not the worst.

Thanks
    EP Points

meh tbh i was never a major fan of runescape, but (i know people may disagree with this) i think maple story is better than runescape, theres just so much more to do and its alot more intresting if you have never heard ofi have a look on google and depending on your region (albeit Europe or the US) download the game create a char and give it a whirl you may be surprised also if any of you from europe play be sure to add my main Lankizle
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    meh tbh i was never a major fan of runescape, but (i know people may disagree with this) i think maple story is better than runescape, theres just so much more to do and its alot more intresting if you have never heard ofi have a look on google and depending on your region (albeit Europe or the US) download the game create a char and give it a whirl you may be surprised also if any of you from europe play be sure to add my main Lankizle
    I PLAY MAPLESTORY!
    Though I might've uninstalled it.
    Gonna have to reinstall.

Thanks

i have 2 accounts on it and i remember them perfectly

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Runescape is something id probs never bother with

Thanks

Wow, lot's of different opinions.
    I really do like Runescape mainly because there's so much to do even if it is on the small free-player side.

And I do like the grand exchange to an extent (mainly because it makes it really easy to buy and sell the things I want and need). I remember when they didn't have the GE, it was so hard trying to buy what I wanted. Everyone just stood there in the town center of Varrock, shouting what they were selling X3

Levels anyone?

I'm only a combat level 42 (I think), with 37 Magick, 34 Crafting, 43 smithing, 46 mining, 38 fishing, and everything else is around 20 to 30 on the free side stuff. (I'm slightly excited about my crafting level. I've been working really hard at that so now I can make Ruby rings and everything with emeralds and sapphires. I'm working my way up to diamonds. Then I'll be happy I think :3)

EDIT:
    If anyone wants to play with me, I'm usually in one of the worlds in Belgium (world 135) because there's hardly ever anyone in that one. I also am, on occasions, in one of the trade worlds when I'm selling jewelry I made. If anyone wants to play with me, come and join? The majority of people I meet in RS are pervy 12 year olds so I usually don't talk much to people in there aside from when someone asks for help with something. My username is MsGigi1218 (originally Gigi_of_hchs)
    Last edited by MsGigi; 26th-July-2011 at 20:34. Reason: Added info

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I PLAY MAPLESTORY!
    Though I might've uninstalled it.
    Gonna have to reinstall.
    you live in europe :O ok then make sure you add my ass and ill own you
    *Computer Specs*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsGigi View Post
    ... And I do like the grand exchange to an extent (mainly because it makes it really easy to buy and sell the things I want and need). I remember when they didn't have the GE, it was so hard trying to buy what I wanted. Everyone just stood there in the town center of Varrock, shouting what they were selling X3...
    Well, yes, I guess the Grand Exchange does have some merits, but I just liked trading with other people, and I think the recent updates have ruined that. Nowadays, it will be quite a bit harder to find anyone trading outside of the Grand Exchange, and, in turn, a lot less socializing. Then again, I did start playing when Runescape was fairly new, so I might just be very resistant to change .

Thanks
    EP Points

who added me on maplestory? i got a random friend request and i would like to know who it was
    *Computer Specs*