Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on selling my Wii?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

And if ebay fails, theirs always craigslist. Or in-store credit at a pawn shop. Depending on what your money is going towards, in-store credit could be the best way to go.

Thanks

Yeah, I was thinking about Craigslist as well. Pardon my stupidity and/or lack of knowledge, but fill me in if you could, how does in-store credit work?
    Last edited by rodabaughwf; 9th-August-2011 at 20:32.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah a pawn shop will only give you at best half of what they want to sell it for. You might be able to find a dumb one but they pretty much all just check the internet these days.

Internet is the way to get the most for it. Craigslist, ebay and trade sites. With trade sites you get around ebay's fees but if you aren't an established member someone wouldn't want to send you money first so that's probably not the way to go for you.

If you do put it on ebay just start it at the lowest amount you would take (ie what you would get at a pawn shop) and see where it goes.

Edit: As for store credit I'm sure the other person was referring to taking it to a used video game store, they tend to give piss rates for the most part but a little more in credit so if you were just wanting more gaming stuff it wouldn't be a horrible way to go.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 9th-August-2011 at 20:54.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks a lot Gypsy. I think I'll put it on Ebay after seeing what a couple pawn shops would offer for it. I'm not looking to buy anymore gaming stuff for a bit, but that info was really helpful.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah a pawn shop will only give you at best half of what they want to sell it for. You might be able to find a dumb one but they pretty much all just check the internet these days.

Internet is the way to get the most for it. Craigslist, ebay and trade sites. With trade sites you get around ebay's fees but if you aren't an established member someone wouldn't want to send you money first so that's probably not the way to go for you.

If you do put it on ebay just start it at the lowest amount you would take (ie what you would get at a pawn shop) and see where it goes.

Edit: As for store credit I'm sure the other person was referring to taking it to a used video game store, they tend to give piss rates for the most part but a little more in credit so if you were just wanting more gaming stuff it wouldn't be a horrible way to go.
    Yea most pawn shops give less than 45% unless its towards trade. I would recommend going to a small time pawn shop if if you're going that way, since the bigger chains are usually pretty firm on pricing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by sapien69 View Post
    Yea most pawn shops give less than 45% unless its towards trade. I would recommend going to a small time pawn shop if if you're going that way, since the bigger chains are usually pretty firm on pricing.
    Definitely. Best pawn shops imo are completely local ones in small towns. There is one about 40-ish miles from me that's great and another one (even though it's in a big city) with uniform pricing on all dvds (including tv show seasons and full anime sets (you don't see anime sets there often but I've got a few)) and video games.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Definitely. Best pawn shops imo are completely local ones in small towns. There is one about 40-ish miles from me that's great and another one (even though it's in a big city) with uniform pricing on all dvds (including tv show seasons and full anime sets (you don't see anime sets there often but I've got a few)) and video games.
    I'll try to find a local one in a small town. I have one in mind as I'm typing this! lol.. There are quite a few in the city I currently reside in.. EZPAWN comes to mind.

I've Never set foot in a pawn store, so I don't know much about them