Thread: [MAME] Some games not working with v0.143

Thanks

Default [MAME] Some games not working with v0.143

First of all, let me state that i'm totally ignorant about these things, so please, try to keep it simple if you can ^^" I'm also sorry if this question or anything similar has been asked already, but search engines seem to be friends with everyone but me...

First post on "Latest news" pages says that the mame roms database has been updated to reflect the new released version, and that the games listed are working with mame 0.143, or that's what i understand at least. Problem is, mame still flags them as not working, and yes, i've got mame v0.143...
    Most of the games work of course (i mean...there are over 8000 games flagged as working), but some don't...especially the new ones listed on the latest news page.

Am i lacking some files/using a wrong version or i just haven't got enough brains to read the first post correctly?

I was particularly interested into deathsmiles, espgaluda 2 and games like that...but they seem to be flagged as not-working as well...

Currently using: "MAMEUI64 v0.143u1 (jul 11 2011)" (or so it says on top of the window); Full 0.138 romset + Update packs until v0.142 + new roms listed in the latest news page (all downloaded from EP).

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    EP Points

"Lastes News pages": they just update/provide full Mame 0.143 romsets.

When you run a non working game, Mame warn you (a red message like: sound not emulated, games won't work, etc.). Those are beta drivers, and you should wait and hope for an improvement on next release or if you've the skill try to write a better one.

If you miss some roms, mame say romsxyz NOT FOUND.

Use ClrmamePro if you want to update your romset to new release 0.143>0.143u1, then search and add the new roms (600+ Mb of new roms)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WitchHunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    thanks
    Just a heads up id pm a staff member if i was you to get your username changed never know who is browsing these public forums

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Just a heads up id pm a staff member if i was you to get your username changed never know who is browsing these public forums
    Thanks but there's no need to :3 i'm already filled by spam and scam/trick attempts...i have to admit some are quite fun to read...and i sure don't want to miss the fun lol